Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 4 (Chat Only)

  1. #1

    Default 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 4 (Chat Only)

    I have failed you all, but am here to make it right!

    Your standings after a crazy start to NSIC hoops action.

    T-1. wscsuperfan 25
    Augie Skyhook
    Stanger86
    Augieholic
    T-5. MrMustang 24
    MrAugustana
    laker
    T-8. njmav1 23
    DapperDan
    vikingfaithful
    T-11. CoachSalscheider 22
    NSU4Life
    Purple Mav Man
    NSUguy
    15. Simple as a $3bill 20
    16. Guest69 18

  2. #2

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 4 (Chat Only)

    Thursday December 15th
    Bemidji vs. Crookston

    Saturday December 17th
    Mankato vs. Concordia
    St. Cloud vs. Duluth
    Mary vs. Minot
    Southwest vs. Sioux Falls
    Winona vs. Upper Iowa
    Augustana vs. Wayne
    Northern vs. Moorhead

  3. Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 4 (Chat Only)

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    I have failed you all, but am here to make it right!

    Your standings after a crazy start to NSIC hoops action.

    T-1. wscsuperfan 25
    Augie Skyhook
    Stanger86
    Augieholic
    T-5. MrMustang 24
    MrAugustana
    laker
    T-8. njmav1 23
    DapperDan
    vikingfaithful
    T-11. CoachSalscheider 22
    NSU4Life
    Purple Mav Man
    NSUguy
    15. Simple as a $3bill 20
    16. Guest69 18
    Jeez, and here I thought that I was doing okay. smh

  4. #4

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 4 (Chat Only)

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Jeez, and here I thought that I was doing okay. smh
    And here I thought I wasn't!

  5. #5

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 4 (Chat Only)

    here we are a few weeks in and really no idea what to expect. Lots of parity

  6. #6

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 4 (Chat Only)

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMustang View Post
    here we are a few weeks in and really no idea what to expect. Lots of parity
    It does make for a more interesting year. It appears that nobody even vaguely resembles the dominant teams of years past such as the great Augie, Winona, or Mankato squads. Last weekend had several stunners for the traditional power programs. Augie losing to Minot? Winona beating Mankato but then somehow losing to Concordia the next night? (I was really convinced after the previous weekend that Concordia had one of the weakest squads of recent NSIC vintage. Clearly I just caught them on a bad night)

    It really appears to be a wide open title race. The conference winner seems destined to finish the year with a handful of losses.

  7. Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 4 (Chat Only)

    Quote Originally Posted by cat fan View Post
    It does make for a more interesting year. It appears that nobody even vaguely resembles the dominant teams of years past such as the great Augie, Winona, or Mankato squads. Last weekend had several stunners for the traditional power programs. Augie losing to Minot? Winona beating Mankato but then somehow losing to Concordia the next night? (I was really convinced after the previous weekend that Concordia had one of the weakest squads of recent NSIC vintage. Clearly I just caught them on a bad night)

    It really appears to be a wide open title race. The conference winner seems destined to finish the year with a handful of losses.
    And that means probably only a couple of teams with records good enough to make the regional. :(

  8. #8

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 4 (Chat Only)

    Quote Originally Posted by cat fan View Post
    It does make for a more interesting year. It appears that nobody even vaguely resembles the dominant teams of years past such as the great Augie, Winona, or Mankato squads. Last weekend had several stunners for the traditional power programs. Augie losing to Minot? Winona beating Mankato but then somehow losing to Concordia the next night? (I was really convinced after the previous weekend that Concordia had one of the weakest squads of recent NSIC vintage. Clearly I just caught them on a bad night)

    It really appears to be a wide open title race. The conference winner seems destined to finish the year with a handful of losses.
    I'm with you on Concordia. I was ready to call them the worst non - Crookston team in the last decade of the NSIC. Then they beat Mankato so maybe not!

    On a related note. UMC had the huge lead over Moorhead. They were up 2 toward the end of the game and we were monitoring it on phones during the SMSU game. with about 2 minutes left I said they lose by 1. yep

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector
    Posts
    46,033
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 4 (Chat Only)

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMustang View Post
    I'm with you on Concordia. I was ready to call them the worst non - Crookston team in the last decade of the NSIC. Then they beat Mankato so maybe not!
    No- MSU plays at Concordia this Saturday. The Golden Bears beat Winona. It will be interesting to see if the Mavs wake up or do a Rip Van Winkle.

  10. #10

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 4 (Chat Only)

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Jeez, and here I thought that I was doing okay. smh
    I am here for you Simple.

    I went completely by my efficiency stats this week so we will see with Winona over Upper Iowa and Southwest over Sioux Falls. Both would be wins on the road for the marginally better team.

  11. #11

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 4 (Chat Only)

    The week starts with a 1-point win for the WAR DAMN GOLDEN EAGLES!

  12. #12

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 4 (Chat Only)

    BSU was up 5 or 6 on UMC with a minute to go and lost 82-81. At 81-81 with 5 seconds left we took a not so impressive 18' contested fade away, missed and I think managed to foul the UMC rebounder (video was spotty) who missed his 1st FT and made his second one. Ouch!

    Harrison Cleary, a 6' 1" freshman from Oak Creek (distant suburb of Milwaukee) Wi hit for 34 points.
    Last edited by CoachSalscheider; 12-15-2016 at 08:57 PM. Reason: adding info on Cleary

  13. #13

    Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 4 (Chat Only)

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
    BSU was up 5 or 6 on UMC with a minute to go and lost 82-81. At 81-81 with 5 seconds left we took a not so impressive 18' contested fade away, missed and I think managed to foul the UMC rebounder (video was spotty) who missed his 1st FT and made his second one. Ouch!

    Harrison Cleary, a 6' 1" freshman from Oak Creek (distant suburb of Milwaukee) Wi hit for 34 points.
    Cleary is a very slick point guard. If he sticks at Crookston he will be somebody to watch closely over the next four years.

  14. Default Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 4 (Chat Only)

    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Cleary is a very slick point guard. If he sticks at Crookston he will be somebody to watch closely over the next four years.
    hahahahaha Thats funny.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •