Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Morningside at truman state

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Omaha Metro area or AZ
    Posts
    834
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    60695

    Default Morningside at truman state

    I heard we got this road game next September. How to get to Kirksville from Omaha? And best spots to eat?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Peters, Missouri
    Posts
    4,472
    Rep Power
    182850

    Default Re: Morningside at truman state

    Quote Originally Posted by badboyblynn View Post
    I heard we got this road game next September. How to get to Kirksville from Omaha? And best spots to eat?
    You can't get there from Omaha.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Morningside at truman state

    Best way to get to Kirksville from Omaha is heading down I-29 to Rt. 36 at St. Joseph and over from there. Unless you want the scenic route through Iowa, but I would recommend the four-lane highway way.

    Depending on what time the game is (and if you take my directions), a unique, non-chain restaurant place to eat would be AJ's in Macon. They just re-opened after a fire, and I haven't been since they re-opened, but if it's anything like it was before it briefly closed, it's delicious.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Peters, Missouri
    Posts
    4,472
    Rep Power
    182850

    Default Re: Morningside at truman state

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Madsen View Post
    Best way to get to Kirksville from Omaha is heading down I-29 to Rt. 36 at St. Joseph and over from there. Unless you want the scenic route through Iowa, but I would recommend the four-lane highway way.

    Depending on what time the game is (and if you take my directions), a unique, non-chain restaurant place to eat would be AJ's in Macon. They just re-opened after a fire, and I haven't been since they re-opened, but if it's anything like it was before it briefly closed, it's delicious.
    Shhhhh.... you wan't to lead barry right to us???

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Omaha Metro area or AZ
    Posts
    834
    Rep Power
    60695

    Default Re: Morningside at truman state

    Tyler, thank you for the directions and eats -- probably bringing the RV for a few days as the Stangs invade NE Mizzou.

    AFCA NAIA poll had M'side rated 6th to finish the season but VSN Super Sixteen had them at #2 behind St Francis who won the chipper. Stangs lost to St Francis 42-35 in Fort Wayne during quarterfinals, by far the closest anyone came to the Cougars in post season. M'side outgained them 546 to 480 roughly.

    Morningside brings back starters at QB, Wr (best one broke leg in game one and sat out the year), 2/3 O-linemen and most of a nasty, (tho maybe undersized to d2) defense that lead NAIA in points allowed and 2nd in total defense.

    After a home-n-home with D-III Whitewater, (lost both) exciting to play a D2 team again, especially one who had a very good season.

    And as for you BigSig, if LU is on the road that weekend, come on down and I'll treat in Kirksville.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Omaha Metro area or AZ
    Posts
    834
    Rep Power
    60695

    Default Re: Morningside at truman state

    BTW, only match-up I could find between TSU and M'side was a 25-21 TSU win in 1992 when Stangs were the Chiefs and still in D2.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Morningside at truman state

    I'm looking to confirm, but I've heard that 2017 is going to be AT Morningside and 2018 will be AT Truman. So, might have to hold on those plans for one more year.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Omaha Metro area or AZ
    Posts
    834
    Rep Power
    60695

    Default Re: Morningside at truman state

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Madsen View Post
    I'm looking to confirm, but I've heard that 2017 is going to be AT Morningside and 2018 will be AT Truman. So, might have to hold on those plans for one more year.
    Tyler, you were on track. First game of series is in Sioux City, IA on Sept 9th 2017.

    Should be a relatively even match-up of a sound D2 program and a top 5 NAIA team. Mustangs dropped two in non-conf, (by 3 and 14) to D-III WI-Whitewater the past two years, a team that would beat at least a third of D2 teams IMO. Stangs played NAIA Champs St Francis the toughest in post season and should be top 3 to start 2017

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Omaha Metro area or AZ
    Posts
    834
    Rep Power
    60695

    Default Re: Morningside at truman state

    I'm sorry, I must have erred. I thought there were TSU fans on the message board and we could discuss the game. I'll wait till the weather clears up over Kirksville.

  10. Default Re: Morningside at truman state

    Looks like they have a lot coming back:

    Quote Originally Posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
    Here is how Truman will look, going off their last 2-deep of the year.
    Red
    Offense
    QB - Jaden Barr (SO)
    QB - Randy Schroeder (JR)
    FB - Hayden Holt (SO)
    FB - Brandon Jones (SO)
    RB - Jordan Salima (SO)
    RB - Andy Satulla (JR) / Malique Robbins (JR)
    TE - Dalton Powell (SR)
    TE - Hayden Holt (SO)
    WR - Joey Schenck
    WR - Jordan Jorgenson (SR)
    WR - Drew Slager (SO)
    WR - Cam Nisbett (SO)
    LT - Colby Dohrman
    LT - Keyshone Young (SO)
    LG - Nick Verbeck (JR)
    LG - James Mitchell (SO)
    C - Brad Wellman
    C - Matt Kaysinger (SR)
    RG - Tanner Hageman (JR)
    RG - Kyle VanNess
    RT - Both of these players were backups / will be starters at other OLine positions
    RT -

    Defense

    DE - Isaiah Hinton (SR)
    DE -
    DT - Brian Craft (SR)
    DT - Brett Judkins (SR)
    DT - Kyle Leckrone
    DT - Spencer Chipley (SO)
    DE - Sam Reeves (SO)
    DE - Jon Scheeler (JR)
    OLB - Justin Mikeworth (JR)
    OLB -
    MLB - Ben Wellman (SR)
    MLB - Kade Young (JR)
    OLB - Bryan Edwards (SO)
    OLB - Jake Hays (JR)
    CB - Austin Zoda
    CB - D'Anthony Knight (SR)
    CB - T.J. Fine
    CB - Lawrence Woods (SO)
    FS - Ben Chaney (SR)
    FS - Arber Emroski (JR)
    SS - Jordan Brown (SR)
    SS - Taylor Manes (SO)

    Special Teams

    K - Brock Rohler (JR)
    K - Nick Dolezal (SR)
    P - Brock Rohler (JR)
    P - Jaden Barr (SO)
    KR - Jordan Salima (SO)
    KR - Jordan Siegel (SO)
    PR - Jordan Jorgenson (SR)
    PR - Malique Robbins (JR)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Omaha Metro area or AZ
    Posts
    834
    Rep Power
    60695

    Default Re: Morningside at truman state

    Great game today, M'side wins 35-30. TSU has a very good RB and pretty tough to corral QB. Your defense took away our top threat (#4 Connor Niles: 2 catches for 2 yards, but his 80 yard punt return was a difference maker).

    Talked to one of M'side's D-coaches afterwards and he was impressed with your O-line.

    Please win out and win the GLVC. See you in Kirksville next Sept.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector
    Posts
    45,936
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Morningside at truman state

    Quote Originally Posted by badboyblynn View Post
    Great game today, M'side wins 35-30. TSU has a very good RB and pretty tough to corral QB. Your defense took away our top threat (#4 Connor Niles: 2 catches for 2 yards, but his 80 yard punt return was a difference maker).

    Talked to one of M'side's D-coaches afterwards and he was impressed with your O-line.

    Please win out and win the GLVC. See you in Kirksville next Sept.
    Congrats on the win.

    I miss the Maroon Chiefs.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •