Thread: Vulcan rebirth ??

Contribute to D2

Default Vulcan rebirth ??

CALU MBB are moving in the right direction. With a thrown together lineup and a new coach, they are increasingly competitive in their recent games. Hung with unbeaten SHIP before losing 72-78. The trick here as the losses mount, is to keep the spirit up which in no small feat. Coach McBride will be really tested and probably needs an upset(or 2-3) to pull this off. Upcoming games against CARLOW and BORO would be a good place to start. We'll see what happens.
    Side note about VULCANS WBB. As they continue to roll, watching the game on Saturday vs SHIP was an opportunity to see COACH STROM'S vision not only for this year but next. Though it is certainly not in stone, soph ABBEY SPORIO is looking more and more like the heir apparent to MIKI G as the team leader. Though she doesn't start, she's only behind GLENN, BARRETT and DORAN in minutes played and curiously is a southpaw like MG. There seem to be A LOT of competitive WBB teams in the west this season so it certainly will get interesting in the New Year. First stop @BORO on 12/30. Should be fun.
    Just saw a tweet from promising frosh RAMON CREIGHTON of his right ankle, heavily wrapped and in a soft boot. &%$#@€¥ luck !!! This rebirth just became a lot more difficult.
    Last edited by CALUPA69; 12-11-2016 at 12:34 PM. Reason: New Info

Default Re: Vulcan rebirth ??

I was wondering why Creighton was sitting. The men are looking better each and every game. Had Creighton played we would've won, I think. A really good team effort did not go unnoticed! Once they get an upset ( and they will) I think they will be on their way.
    Women: Abby Sporio has developed overnight (or so it seems) into a dominant player! Unbelievable on defense and a real threat on offense too. All the girls have a great attitude and are having fun. I just hope the new players get more and more playing time. Don't want to see any players go the way of CeCe Dixon.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedoggie View Post
    I was wondering why Creighton was sitting. The men are looking better each and every game. Had Creighton played we would've won, I think. A really good team effort did not go unnoticed! Once they get an upset ( and they will) I think they will be on their way.
    Women: Abby Sporio has developed overnight (or so it seems) into a dominant player! Unbelievable on defense and a real threat on offense too. All the girls have a great attitude and are having fun. I just hope the new players get more and more playing time. Don't want to see any players go the way of CeCe Dixon.
    I think it's inevitable that we will lose a few more, but I'm glad to see JS using these easier games to audition future keepers. Both of this year's top recruits, HAHN and VALLECORSA , are getting about 10 mpg which, given the veteran makeup of this team, is a lot. FYI, #1 ESU lost their first yesterday and likely ASHLAND (a very scary team) moves up as well as the VULCANS.

Well, last night was a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedoggie View Post
    Well, last night was a start.
    You deserved a win after all those close losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden89 View Post
    You deserved a win after all those close losses.
    The close loses may begin to change to wins as this thrown together team gets more of a feel for McBride's style. I'm actually somewhat pleased to see the players continue to play hard through what might seem like a downer of a season. Last night's win was nice, but I'm looking for a major upset before the season ends.

7. Default Re: Vulcan rebirth ??

Quote Originally Posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    The close loses may begin to change to wins as this thrown together team gets more of a feel for McBride's style. I'm actually somewhat pleased to see the players continue to play hard through what might seem like a downer of a season. Last night's win was nice, but I'm looking for a major upset before the season ends.
    I think this team will compete with for a playoff spot.
    Next two games with UPJ and Seton Hill are pivotal a split would be huge for the program.

I think with two games left with Clarion, and one left with Boro gives them a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by CALU_Crazies View Post
    I think this team will compete with for a playoff spot.
    Next two games with UPJ and Seton Hill are pivotal a split would be huge for the program.

I think with two games left with Clarion, and one left with Boro gives them a chance.
    Not unless they get their act together at the foul line...