Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mankato D1?

Default Mankato D1?

Anyone else catch Krabbenhoft at halftime last night? He mentioned his goal with the donation and hopefully more to come in future is to get Mankato to become a D1 program.

Obviously 5 mil is a good start. Kato fans you think this is possible if they can get a matching donation?

Default Re: Mankato D1?

Its crazy how states like Iowa can have multiple division I programs, but Minnesota only has one.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Well, they would need at least one million more to afford Lee Majors- who is what we needed last night to win.

The 5 million last night was astounding. I had gotten an email that there would be a "special announcement" five minutes before tipoff. I expected a large amount- maybe half a million. But FIVE! Astounding. Hats off to those who were instrumental in getting that done.

I did hear a rumor that a former player might be making a sizable donation later this season, but I don't expect it to come close to that number. What ever he gives though, will be appreciated.

An absolute fear of mine would be going D1 in all sports but dropping football. That is something I would be 100% opposed to doing. Like Vince Lombardi said, "A school without football is in danger of becoming a medieval study hall." I'd have to find another school to support during the fall. Southwest is the next closest drive for me- I like sitting under the overhang. St. Cloud seems to be taking steps backward after building that beautiful stadium.

Here is some more info on this story:

http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=14...aper=frontpage

5. Default Re: Mankato D1?

This Krabenoff guy must be a real piece of work. By doing this he just reinforces Matts philosophy of running kids off to suit your own purposes.
    Its going to suck for Matt when he goes out and brings in a transfer to replace some poor kid who has a scholarship bearing his name. But he won't care, when your heartless and lack guts, all you care about is winning and not peoples feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    Here is some more info on this story:

http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=14...aper=frontpage
    $5M @ 4% = 200K / $16,574 = 12.05

I propose Sanford buy out Winona Health.

I'd have to find another school to support during the fall. Southwest is the next closest drive for me- I like sitting under the overhang.
    Come on down! And don't worry about limiting your support to only the fall either....

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    This Krabenoff guy must be a real piece of work. By doing this he just reinforces Matts philosophy of running kids off to suit your own purposes.
    Its going to suck for Matt when he goes out and brings in a transfer to replace some poor kid who has a scholarship bearing his name. But he won't care, when your heartless and lack guts, all you care about is winning and not peoples feelings.
    You never get sick of being wrong.

9. Default Re: Mankato D1?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    You never get sick of being wrong.
    What I'll never get sick of is exposing him for what he truly is.

Krabbenhoft's oldest son Joe played bb for Wisconsin and was very good. Younger son Joe played OL for Augustanafrom 2008 to 2011. Kelby Krabbenhoft is the CEO for Sanford Health and lives in Sioux Falls. I know he has a lake house near Mankato. His brother is in a wheelchair and is my doctor in Lincoln NE. Would be very costly for MSU to go D1. A new football stadium or drop football and become another Nebraska Omaha. Would legislature's and UMTC power's let it happen?
    Last edited by vikingfaithful; 12-10-2016 at 06:29 PM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Krabbenhoft's oldest son Joe played bb for Wisconsin and was very good. Younger son Joe played OL for Augustanafrom 2008 to 2011. Kelby Krabbenhoft is the CEO for Sanford Health and lives in Sioux Falls. I know he has a lake house near Mankato. His brother is in a wheelchair and is my doctor in Lincoln NE. Would be very costly for MSU to go D1. A new football stadium or drop football and become another Nebraska Omaha. Would legislature's and UMTC power's let it happen?
    It would seem to me that a full move to D1 sports while telling legislators that your campus financial situation is so dire you can barely survive would be frowned upon heavily. I hope the ultinate goal is to just make MSU the best it can be at the DII level.

Quote Originally Posted by wsuguy87 View Post
    It would seem to me that a full move to D1 sports while telling legislators that your campus financial situation is so dire you can barely survive would be frowned upon heavily. I hope the ultinate goal is to just make MSU the best it can be at the DII level.
    The time for MSU to have gone full D1 was the end of the 90s when the whole NCC minus Morningside talked about doing it as a conference. The first night they had the votes- the second day some schools switched. It has been great for the Dakota schools but too much apathy at the MN ones to move up.

If the move was made, it would probably have to be done without football. It would not surprise me if a move up occurs sometime within a decade, however.

The time for MSU to have gone full D1 was the end of the 90s when the whole NCC minus Morningside talked about doing it as a conference. The first night they had the votes- the second day some schools switched. It has been great for the Dakota schools but too much apathy at the MN ones to move up.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Its crazy how states like Iowa can have multiple division I programs, but Minnesota only has one.
    Agree. Minnesota must be one of, if not the, largest states in population with just one program that is Division I in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MStateMaverick View Post
    Agree. Minnesota must be one of, if not the, largest states in population with just one program that is Division I in everything.
    Well considering the only other states are Hawaii (1,360,301), Maine (1,328,361), Vermont (625,741) and Wyoming (563,626).....yes Minnesota (5,303,925) is the biggest.

And the Dakota schools are having much more success than I thought they'd ever have at that level.

Mankato has the facilities for D1 basketball and maybe some of the other sports but I am sure football would be well behind the others facility wise let along money wise. My guess would be it would have to drop football to get it done. I have heard that St. Thomas would be another one to watch someday. They have the private money to do it and would have to play games at Target Center or the X.

Quote Originally Posted by wscsuperfan View Post
    And the Dakota schools are having much more success than I thought they'd ever have at that level.
    I would agree with this. I mean, it's crazy that in hoops NDSU and SDSU have 5 of the 8 NCAA Tournament bids out of the Summit League since they joined...with the conference tournament there every year you might as well just rename it the Sioux Falls Conference.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofnsic View Post
    Mankato has the facilities for D1 basketball and maybe some of the other sports but I am sure football would be well behind the others facility wise let along money wise. My guess would be it would have to drop football to get it done.
    Any chance that's why they've seemed to drag their feet about updating Blakeslee?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast