Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 12/9 - 12/10 games

Contribute to D2

Default 12/9 - 12/10 games

Looks like Witthus is out with an ankle injury.

Default Re: 12/9 - 12/10 games

These Minot State commentators are as prepared as a 4th grader who's about to take a calculus test.

NSU women survived over Bemidji. Had a 44-21 lead before half but let the Beavers go on a 17-0 run or something like that before halftime. Ristau and Conrad with big games.

Winona up 45-29 at half. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Winona up 45-29 at half. Go figure.
    Doesn't hurt that Mankato's (arguably) best all-around player is out.

Winona's too. Bambenek twisted his ankle. Unsustainable shooting 76.9%. I see Crookston is up Moorhead by eight at half.

Crazy contested 3 pointer good for Moorhead. Puts them up one with less than a second left.

Unbelievable make from Ayob. Twice now this season Moorhead has won on near-miracle 3-point buzzer beaters. Golden Eagles had their chance but missed a free throw to push the lead to 3 and Moorhead took advantage.

Look and Minot and Mary have a night...that along with Crookstons close one, this conference does (for now) seem fairly wide open. I personally see no team as of now that I'd feel good about making a regional tourney run, but obviously very early on for such a statement

Quote Originally Posted by Augie Boy View Post
    These Minot State commentators are as prepared as a 4th grader who's about to take a calculus test.
    I could not take it any longer listening to the voices of the Beavers and switched to the radio to listen to Jeff Fylling.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

This game was truly ugly on the part of the Mavs. Warriors had the upper hand from the opening tip. Started bad and never got any better. A case of Preparation H wouldn't stop all the butthurt.

Mustangs took a while to heat up. Started the game 3-17 (18%) shooting, but then made 27-47 (57%) from then on to win comfortably.

Very poor showing by MSU men last night. Hopefully Witthus can return to action soon, which may help the team do better than 500 the rest of the season. I had hoped the Mavs might contend in the conference this season, but I am very doubtful about that now.

One of my former students at Nicollet, Mark Dorn, is in the Air Force and his wife is another classmate who I taught. Mark helped meet and greet a USO tour which included Scarlett Johansson.

John, this is for you. After the decisive Winona win last night- you deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    One of my former students at Nicollet, Mark Dorn, is in the Air Force and his wife is another classmate who I taught. Mark helped meet and greet a USO tour which included Scarlett Johansson.

John, this is for you. After the decisive Winona win last night- you deserve it.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to laker again. :)

16. Default Re: 12/9 - 12/10 games

Southwest fans, how far from Jackpot Junction to Marshall?

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Southwest fans, how far from Jackpot Junction to Marshall?
    42 miles.

If you go on Highway 23 towards Granite Falls, Prairie's Edge is 27 miles from Southwest.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to laker again. :)
    I figured that would put a smile on your face. I know it put one on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post

If not for the clarifier I would have suspected Scarlett Johansson and Jim Carey had hooked up.

Quote Originally Posted by MStateMaverick View Post
    Very poor showing by MSU men last night. Hopefully Witthus can return to action soon, which may help the team do better than 500 the rest of the season. I had hoped the Mavs might contend in the conference this season, but I am very doubtful about that now.
    As good as Winona looked Mankato looked equally as bad. Hard to beat a team that shoots 72% but the general disregard for defense on the losers part had something to do with that. Winona scored 50 points in the paint whereas last week it was all about jacking up threes. Dominated in all categories but free throw percentage. Gray was unstoppable with his cache of drives and acrobatic layups. He is uncanny for an ability to put up and make shots over bigs. Many can go to the rim and not finish. He is a finisher.

Winona went small for a long stretch as several guys had three fouls. Didn't matter. I expect their short bench will raise an ugly head somewhere along the line. Was even shorter last night as Koonz was out and then Bambanek got hurt at the end of the first half. Looked like an ankle sprain but paper said knee. He played some in the second half but not much.

Perhaps there is hope.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast