Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 G-MAC football schedule

Contribute to D2

Default Re: 2017 G-MAC football schedule

Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    Quincy's out of the Great Lakes Valley Conference and is a relatively newer D2 program (previously NAIA, as I recall).
    I goofed on that. I usually check my fats before I post and I didn't this time. Honestly thought Quincy was a D3! My apologies to any Hawks fans out there that might read this!

KWC OOC Schedule:

8/31 @ Murray State (Thursday)
    9/9 Livingstone
    9/16 @ Kentucky State

3. Default Re: 2017 G-MAC football schedule

So basically there are now five GMAC teams still looking for games this late...many on 9/23

ODU is open on 9/16 & 9/23
    Walsh is open on 9/23
    KW is open on 9/23
    Malone is open on 9/9 & 9/23
    LEC is open on 9/23

Wonder if many of these teams will play just a nine or ten game schedule or if they are actively looking for I-AA or NAIA teams to fill in...certainly not too many open 9/23 dates on the D2 site under OPEN DATES and even fewer posting on Football Scoop of open dates now

Quote Originally Posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
    So basically there are now five GMAC teams still looking for games this late...many on 9/23

ODU is open on 9/16 & 9/23
    Walsh is open on 9/23
    KW is open on 9/23
    Malone is open on 9/9 & 9/23
    LEC is open on 9/23

Wonder if many of these teams will play just a nine or ten game schedule or if they are actively looking for I-AA or NAIA teams to fill in...certainly not too many open 9/23 dates on the D2 site under OPEN DATES and even fewer posting on Football Scoop of open dates now
    At a bare minimum, I would think that ODU and Malone would've scheduled at least a 10th game by this point. The only thing I can think of is there are games in the pipeline, but they haven't gone public with announcing those games just yet.

5. Default Re: 2017 G-MAC football schedule

Saw Walsh just added a rad game at I-AA Central Connecticut which now brings them to 11 games. Wish Malone and ODU would add some games as each still have just nine. There still some D2 teams needing a 9/23 game, like Valdosta St, Central St, some other SIAC and Lone Star teams.

Quote Originally Posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
    Saw Walsh just added a rad game at I-AA Central Connecticut which now brings them to 11 games. Wish Malone and ODU would add some games as each still have just nine. There still some D2 teams needing a 9/23 game, like Valdosta St, Central St, some other SIAC and Lone Star teams.
    Central State might be the best option for a GMAC team at this rate, probably for ODU. Valdosta State typically schedules only 10 games so I doubt they'd fill their open date. The only LSC team with an open date on 9/16 or 9/23 is Midwestern State and, much like Valdosta, they tend to prefer 10 games as opposed to 11 (or at least they have in recent years). I haven't seen all of the SIAC schedules yet, but distance could be a deterrent for most of those schools.

You can see the benefit of the Tiffin addition.

8. Default Re: 2017 G-MAC football schedule

Malone will be hosting Missouri S & T on 9/23, now has ten games.

ODU still at nine with 9/16 and 9/23 open. Hopefully they'll get a SIAC team and possibly a NAIA team to fill out their schedule.

Assume LEC & Malone will stay at the ten game spot and not try any further for an 11th game

9. Default Re: 2017 G-MAC football schedule

Just noticed that UF now has the KWC game listed as a Friday, October 20, 7pm. game. Panther website still has it listed as a Saturday, October 21 game. Huh.

10. Default Re: 2017 G-MAC football schedule

I e-mailed our AD and she said that the Kentucky Wesleyan game will be on Friday, October 20 at 7pm. It is Homecoming weekend although first time, that I remember, having a Homecoming game on Friday. Also, the Panther soccer teams will be here for games on the 21st.

AB's 2017 schedule graphic:

12. Default Re: 2017 G-MAC football schedule

AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ABjo View Post

That is sweet! Well done

Quote Originally Posted by ABjo View Post

Love it! Very cool.