Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: USI 104, McKendree 58

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    20

    Default USI 104, McKendree 58

    USI has silenced most of the doubters with this one tonight! As I said months ago, the USI guards are the best in the nation. Marcellous Washington was Marvelous with 18 of his 20 points in the second half. Six players in double figures, and the Eagles made 18 3-pointers! Only a Herdes-ite could find fault with this tonight!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: USI 104, McKendree 58

    And even better news...UIndy lost! lol!!!!!! Can' wait to hear from Gravy the Wiener Hound about his team's latest loss. lol!!!!!!

  3. #3

    Default Re: USI 104, McKendree 58

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPride View Post
    And even better news...UIndy lost! lol!!!!!! Can' wait to hear from Gravy the Wiener Hound about his team's latest loss. lol!!!!!!
    Not funny, classless by typical USI fan. UIndy missing two starters still almost won. Officiating was horrendous according to WIRC radio announcer, called nothing at the end when Davis was hammered with a chance to tie or win. Coach Gouard skipped his post game radio show and sent a assistant, that's not good. Good effort, but UWP isn't that good and Hounds needed to win this.

  4. #4

    Default Re: USI 104, McKendree 58

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPride View Post
    USI has silenced most of the doubters with this one tonight! As I said months ago, the USI guards are the best in the nation. Marcellous Washington was Marvelous with 18 of his 20 points in the second half. Six players in double figures, and the Eagles made 18 3-pointers! Only a Herdes-ite could find fault with this tonight!
    Beat someone decent and then spew how good they are. D-2 basketball is in such sad shape.

  5. #5

    Default Re: USI 104, McKendree 58

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPride View Post
    USI has silenced most of the doubters with this one tonight! As I said months ago, the USI guards are the best in the nation. Marcellous Washington was Marvelous with 18 of his 20 points in the second half. Six players in double figures, and the Eagles made 18 3-pointers! Only a Herdes-ite could find fault with this tonight!
    and marty beat wabash too. wonder if they had a service for lebanon high to clean up donnies load after this one

  6. Default Re: USI 104, McKendree 58

    Lot of positives you can pick out in this game, but to me the most impressive was USI had maybe 3-4 bad possessions the entire night. The team was making the extra pass all night and this led to wide open shooters. USI could have beaten McKendree by 70 points if they wanted to last night. Now got to follow this game up with the same focus and intensity Sat.

  7. #7

    Default Re: USI 104, McKendree 58

    Sorry Silky and Taco, but USI clearly looks like the team to beat in the GLVC this year.

  8. Default Re: USI 104, McKendree 58

    Watson teams on the road have not done well on the Thursday and Saturday swing...lets see if this year has changed...seem to have let downs or is because they are not prepared with the short turn around?

  9. #9

    Default Re: USI 104, McKendree 58

    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    Watson teams on the road have not done well on the Thursday and Saturday swing...lets see if this year has changed...seem to have let downs or is because they are not prepared with the short turn around?
    Although wasn't the curse on Thursdays? We always seemed to follow a Thursday letdown with a Saturday win if my memory serves me correctly.

  10. #10

    Default Re: USI 104, McKendree 58

    Pulled the live stats link up for this mid-second half last night and was blown away. Emphatic start for the year for USI in an East division that has a handful of perennially-strong teams with some question marks (UIndy, UWP, Lewis).

  11. #11

    Default Re: USI 104, McKendree 58

    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    Watson teams on the road have not done well on the Thursday and Saturday swing...lets see if this year has changed...seem to have let downs or is because they are not prepared with the short turn around?
    Nobody does that well on the road. The Thursdays-Saturday trips are difficult, even against some of the lesser teams in the league. BU did nothing great last night, except win. Springfield is not terrible, but I honestly thought their defense was not good. BU missed a lot of open shots, something USI definitely did not do.

  12. Default Re: USI 104, McKendree 58

    Yeah, I think the curse was Thursday. How we started the McKendree game was impressive and important. Have to do the exact same Sat and just crush the will of these teams that don't have the talent or depth we have. I thought Dickson played a very solid game even though his stat line wasn't great. He played great defense and every shot he took was a good one. Stein has evolved his game to the point where he is a very difficult cover. You can't back off of him because he can knock down the outside side and now when he drives the ball to the rim his added strength is noticed. Very impressive how unselfish this team was last night. The chemistry right now looks like it is clicking, where over the past few years you could tell something was off.

    Quote Originally Posted by schnautza View Post
    Although wasn't the curse on Thursdays? We always seemed to follow a Thursday letdown with a Saturday win if my memory serves me correctly.

  13. Default Re: USI 104, McKendree 58

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmoves View Post
    Sorry Silky and Taco, but USI clearly looks like the team to beat in the GLVC this year.
    As far as I'm concerned, doesn't do any good to finish 1st glvc or win mini glvc tourney to only go on and flop 1st rd ncaa tourney. It's fun and all to win but let's wait and see what happens. Then maybe I'll change my tune.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: USI 104, McKendree 58

    Quote Originally Posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post
    Not funny, classless by typical USI fan. UIndy missing two starters still almost won. Officiating was horrendous according to WIRC radio announcer, called nothing at the end when Davis was hammered with a chance to tie or win. Coach Gouard skipped his post game radio show and sent a assistant, that's not good. Good effort, but UWP isn't that good and Hounds needed to win this.
    lol!!!! It's always the refs who cause you to lose, right, Gravy? lol!!!!! I do hate to hear Gouard did not show up for his radio show...that would not go over well at most schools.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: USI 104, McKendree 58

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmoves View Post
    Sorry Silky and Taco, but USI clearly looks like the team to beat in the GLVC this year.
    I agree with you. This team is special, will be very difficult to beat now that Bobo is back. My wife and I are driving to Springfield to catch Saturday's game in person. I believe USI will finish off the road sweep, Eagles win, 84-67.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: USI 104, McKendree 58

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Madsen View Post
    Pulled the live stats link up for this mid-second half last night and was blown away. Emphatic start for the year for USI in an East division that has a handful of perennially-strong teams with some question marks (UIndy, UWP, Lewis).
    Agreed totally! It helps that USI has the best collection of guards in the nation. Add in Julius Rajala and DayJar Dickson to the inside, and you have a national contender.

  17. #17

    Default Re: USI 104, McKendree 58

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPride View Post
    lol!!!! It's always the refs who cause you to lose, right, Gravy? lol!!!!! I do hate to hear Gouard did not show up for his radio show...that would not go over well at most schools.
    After hearing more this morning, I understand why Coach G. stayed off the radio, he could be fined by the GLVC for saying the truth about the officials. If he does the interview he would have told it like it is, Coach G. isn't afraid to speak his mind. It was a smart move. The GLVC officials are the worst, look at the last play on video of Davis being hacked by UWP and no call. UIndy did not play well and missing two starters, still should have won. UWP is not very good.

  18. #18

    Default Re: USI 104, McKendree 58

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Madsen View Post
    Pulled the live stats link up for this mid-second half last night and was blown away. Emphatic start for the year for USI in an East division that has a handful of perennially-strong teams with some question marks (UIndy, UWP, Lewis).
    We have more than some question marks, now missing two starters for some reason last night against UWP. UWP is not very good, even at home last night they only won because of the officials not blowing their whistle at the end. If we don't beat Lewis we could be looking at a losing season. I'm still behind Coach G. regardless of how this year plays out, UIndy was due for a bad season.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: USI 104, McKendree 58

    Quote Originally Posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post
    After hearing more this morning, I understand why Coach G. stayed off the radio, he could be fined by the GLVC for saying the truth about the officials. If he does the interview he would have told it like it is, Coach G. isn't afraid to speak his mind. It was a smart move. The GLVC officials are the worst, look at the last play on video of Davis being hacked by UWP and no call. UIndy did not play well and missing two starters, still should have won. UWP is not very good.
    I have an easy solution to Gouard's problem: Get way ahead like USI did last night, roll to an easy win like USI did, and then go on your postgame radio show as expected in a good mood with a victory under your belt. Coach Watson arrives in a timely fashion for his postgame comments with Dan Eigerski, win or lose.

    As for the officiating, get over it and move on. Indianapolis had 39 minutes and 56 seconds of other plays last night in which to defeat UW Parkside. One play does not win or lose a game, nor does a ref's whistle. I would suggest Indianapolis is in for a 20-loss season. Gouard might be absent from many of his postgame shows this season if so. lol!!!!!!!

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmoves View Post
    Sorry Silky and Taco, but USI clearly looks like the team to beat in the GLVC this year.

    I hope. Just think the wheels will fall off soon with Watson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •