Thread: GNAC 13-8 in D2 games this week

Contribute to D2

Default GNAC 13-8 in D2 games this week

Decent showing by the GNAC, surprised both Alaska schools got swept. CWU had two impressive wins with UAA transfer guard doing most of the damage.

WOU had an excellent week, Omlid had two double doubles, Yakima CC transfer guard had a big game on Saturday and Academy of Arts transfer (redshirted last year) came off the bench and played well.

St. Martin's appears to be good this year as does WWU.

http://www.gnacsports.com/mbasketball/schedule/

2. Default Re: GNAC 13-8 in D2 games this week

It does look like the GNAC got the better of the other two conferences this weekend. By my count, I had GNAC (12-8), CCAA (12-10), and PWC (10-16). GNAC had 5 teams sweep the weekend, while the CCAA only had 2 (UCSD & SF State). Those two head up to WOU's tournament next week, so there should be some good games in Monmouth! PWC has 3 undefeated teams lead by Cal Bap.

Default Re: GNAC 13-8 in D2 games this week

Quote Originally Posted by CCAA_Fanatic View Post
    It does look like the GNAC got the better of the other two conferences this weekend. By my count, I had GNAC (12-8), CCAA (12-10), and PWC (10-16). GNAC had 5 teams sweep the weekend, while the CCAA only had 2 (UCSD & SF State). Those two head up to WOU's tournament next week, so there should be some good games in Monmouth! PWC has 3 undefeated teams lead by Cal Bap.
    Correct, Simpson is NAIA or D3, not D2, and NNU beat them and lost to University of Utah.

4. Default Re: GNAC 13-8 in D2 games this week

Quote Originally Posted by tsull View Post
    Decent showing by the GNAC, surprised both Alaska schools got swept. CWU had two impressive wins with UAA transfer guard doing most of the damage.
    Great weekend for the GNAC for the most part. Rough time for the Alaska schools, but there's nothing like some character-building losses early. Sounds like there will be some good games in Monmouth next weekend and their video feed is FREE!

WOU had an excellent week, Omlid had two double doubles, Yakima CC transfer guard had a big game on Saturday and Academy of Arts transfer (redshirted last year) came off the bench and played well.

St. Martin's appears to be good this year as does WWU.
    OMG... Did you just say that?
    Yeah, I'd agree that CWU looks good early, and that SMU, WWU, and SPU are all off to solid starts, but as we all know, it's a long season.

Quote Originally Posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
    Yeah, I'd agree that CWU looks good early, and that SMU, WWU, and SPU are all off to solid starts, but as we all know, it's a long season.
    Regarding my compliment to WWU, it was tough to say and now I have to take a shower, ha! My mantra: Must ... not ... get ... sucked ... into ... WWU ... hype ... this ... year.

* Yes, in the great tiny town of Monmouth -- once dry, now wet with a couple decent pubs -- we give out our games for free on the internet!

After one week of real games, the only thing decided is that the GNAC is wide open and that UAA's preseason national ranking was inflated. But winning in Hawaii is no joke.