Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    20

    Default USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    USI opens season with 90-77 win over Lake Erie. Julius Rajala with 29 points and 8 rebounds, was unstoppable! Alex Stein with 19 points, USI showing a high-octane offense in this win! Great win by Watson & Company!

  2. #2

    Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    Lake Erie is awful, don't read too much into a win over a team like that. See how you do against Ashland, then get excited if you win that one. UIndy plays them in about an hour.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    Quote Originally Posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post
    Lake Erie is awful, don't read too much into a win over a team like that. See how you do against Ashland, then get excited if you win that one. UIndy plays them in about an hour.
    No one said Lake Erie is great. But Rajala looked like a potential Division II National Player of the Year performer. He's around 6-10, can pass, is very hard to stop in the paint because he has a nice touch. Lake Erie attempted to guard him with 6-6 or 6-7 players. That will not work, especially if Dickson is also in the game. USI's guard had an off night and we still won. This team can contend for a national title. I thought so after we gave Purdue a scare last week. Now I am fully confident this team is going to win 24 games at least and challenge for a national title!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    Quote Originally Posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post
    Lake Erie is awful, don't read too much into a win over a team like that. See how you do against Ashland, then get excited if you win that one. UIndy plays them in about an hour.
    BTW, Gravy the Greyhound: we are watching your UIndy team here in the second game and you are losing to Ashland at the half 31-30. UIndy looks very undisciplined and unsure of itself as a team. Counting the USI fans like us who remained in the gym for this game, there are about 150 fans here. My wife and I felt sorry for Ashland because they have possibly 10 fans here. USI has never had a crowd this miserably small for a home game. lol!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    BTW again, Gravy the Greyhound: Ashland is still beating your Hounds in the second half. lol!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    lol! Ashland beats UIndy 70-64! The USI fans are cheering for the AU players as we speak, gave UIndy a solid defeat on their home floor. As I said earlier in the fall, UIndy is not very good. I think we saw that tonight. Poor Gravy the Greyhound! We might not hear from him tonight. lol!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    UIndy could easily have a losing record this season from what I saw tonight. Ashland, we are told, lost their best player to an injury in the off season. That doesn't sit well with this loss at home for the Hounds. lol!

  8. Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    We are talking trash after beating a team that will be lucky to win 8 games?

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPride View Post
    UIndy could easily have a losing record this season from what I saw tonight. Ashland, we are told, lost their best player to an injury in the off season. That doesn't sit well with this loss at home for the Hounds. lol!

  9. #9

    Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    Quote Originally Posted by bkingbroker View Post
    We are talking trash after beating a team that will be lucky to win 8 games?
    I'm with you. Eagle Pride likes to kick other schools when they are down. UIndy could not hit anything tonight, Ashland is a good team, lost their best player which makes this loss tough to swallow. UIndy has lots of new players, so I'm not shocked. I hate to say this, but I hope KWC kicks the snot out of USI just so Eagle Pride won't come on this board and spout off. I'm tired of his routine, it's just the first game of the season.

  10. Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    Here is the bottom line.....the GLVC is very weak this year. Quincy and Parkside got drilled tonight, Drury barely beat Webster U. USI should not be happy with this performance. Turning the ball over time and time again against a team like this is inexcusable.

  11. Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    while I enjoyed the merciless trash talk that is inevitable when GradyGreyhound and USI fans post on the same chat, I certainly hope USI fans do not create a new thread for each game

  12. #12

    Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    1 game into the season and we've learned that USI is going to contend for a national championship, Indy sucks, and the whole GLVC is very weak.

    Haha!

    It's early people. Lots of new players and teams have been practicing for barely a month. And, btw, our defense was bad but Webster is better than some teams in this league.

  13. Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    Quote Originally Posted by druryfanther2011 View Post
    while I enjoyed the merciless trash talk that is inevitable when GradyGreyhound and USI fans post on the same chat, I certainly hope USI fans do not create a new thread for each game
    Only a dufus would do that...so yes it could happen! Gave Purdue a scare...hilarious!

  14. #14

    Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    Quote Originally Posted by druryfanther2011 View Post
    while I enjoyed the merciless trash talk that is inevitable when GradyGreyhound and USI fans post on the same chat, I certainly hope USI fans do not create a new thread for each game
    Send a note to JMH. Pride is a lady surrogate of Wodney. Trying to infiltrate board of public opinion to appear neutral to draw you in only to spew propaganda.
    I.e.: Rajala D2 POY.


    Indy better have service pro on standby. If HoTWoD beats Ashland you'll have a big load to mop up in Nicosen Hall.

  15. #15

    Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    Quote Originally Posted by DUPanther View Post
    1 game into the season and we've learned that USI is going to contend for a national championship, Indy sucks, and the whole GLVC is very weak.

    Haha!

    It's early people. Lots of new players and teams have been practicing for barely a month. And, btw, our defense was bad but Webster is better than some teams in this league.
    I'm worried about glvc. Drury has proven to start slow and lose some early but improve and finish strong over the course of a season.

    If I had to wager right now. NCAA 4 gliac 3 glvc 1 gmac finance.

  16. #16

    Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
    I'm worried about glvc. Drury has proven to start slow and lose some early but improve and finish strong over the course of a season.

    If I had to wager right now. NCAA 4 gliac 3 glvc 1 gmac finance.
    Drury started a junior, 2 sophomores, and 2 freshmen last night. If their defense improves they can be good sometime this year, but it wouldn't surprise me to see some struggles early. Barring injury, Hesser's teams always improve as the year goes on.

    Way too early to call the balance of power in the region. I will agree that some of the traditional GLVC powers look to be down from where they've been, but after having a national title contender just about every year for the last 5 or 6 years, the bar is pretty high.

  17. Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    Ashland taking it to USI at half. USI looks slow and disinterested.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    Quote Originally Posted by bkingbroker View Post
    Ashland taking it to USI at half. USI looks slow and disinterested.
    You were saying? lol! USI rolls past Ashland in second half, 74-62!

  19. #19

    Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    Quote Originally Posted by DUPanther View Post
    Drury started a junior, 2 sophomores, and 2 freshmen last night. If their defense improves they can be good sometime this year, but it wouldn't surprise me to see some struggles early. Barring injury, Hesser's teams always improve as the year goes on.

    Way too early to call the balance of power in the region. I will agree that some of the traditional GLVC powers look to be down from where they've been, but after having a national title contender just about every year for the last 5 or 6 years, the bar is pretty high.
    I'm with you, way too early for people to be spouting off about how good they are. UIndy is trying to mesh 5-6 new players with a bunch of role players. UW Parkside and Lewis are down this season, St. Joe's is a lot better they beat Northwood the other night.

  20. #20

    Default Re: USI 90, Lake Erie 77

    Quote Originally Posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post
    St. Joe's is a lot better they beat Northwood the other night.
    Yes and they nearly beat SVSU, who is probably the favorite in the regional. St. Joe's might put up a fight in the East.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •