Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11-12-16 Games

Contribute to D2

Default 11-12-16 Games

Entertaining game between MSU and MSSU. Refs are letting them play (especially the 3 shuffle travel at the end of the first half), looks like a regional game. Hopefully it'll continue to entertain in the 2nd half. And the Mavs win.

46-37 MSSU leads at half.

Default Re: 11-12-16 Games

They are NOT letting them play in the 2nd half, so far. Mavs look a bit sluggish thus far, need to find some energy.

Harding is giving Northern the business as they currently lead 85-60 with 4 minutes to go.

UMD and Lindenwood are tied with 4 minutes to go.

Earlier today the dream of Crookston's perfect season was dashed with an 11 point loss to Lincoln.

78-78. Going to OT in St. Cloud

Going to double OT after a strange call on a made 3pt basket that also gave MSSU two free throws. Fun game.

Double Overtime. Been a pretty good game from what Ive seen. Kind of sloppy in the first overtime from mankato to give away a decent lead.

Quote Originally Posted by msumavfan View Post
    Double Overtime. Been a pretty good game from what Ive seen. Kind of sloppy in the first overtime from mankato to give away a decent lead.
    Sloppy OT but this game should be over. Mavs are going to lose a game they should win, and will win the next 5 times they play this team.

The was a technical foul called in the 2nd half when the Mavs were shooting FTs. MSSU got one shot (which they made) but it was a VERY suspect technical. Not the refs fault and never will be, but that was unfortunate. On to the next game.

Witthus played a hell of a game, but his missed FT in regulation really hurt. Mavs win if he makes that, which many including himself expect him to.

I believe fuqua and austin had 7 turnovers each. That needs to come way down. rest of the team did good job of taking care of the ball

Quote Originally Posted by msumavfan View Post
    I believe fuqua and austin had 7 turnovers each. That needs to come way down. rest of the team did good job of taking care of the ball
    Fuqua had 8 i believe. But i completely agree, WAY too many from each player. Austin had a few lazy passes that led to his TOs. Have to be better with the ball.

Witthus puts up 30, but Carr for MSSU puts up 47 (not a typo). Looks like it must've been a fun game to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Fuqua had 8 i believe. But i completely agree, WAY too many from each player. Austin had a few lazy passes that led to his TOs. Have to be better with the ball.
    Austin had 8, Fuqua had 7.

Was a fun game. Frustrating that Carr throws the ball at the bucket and it goes in. But, I suppose at 5'6" he practices that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Witthus puts up 30, but Carr for MSSU puts up 47 (not a typo). Looks like it must've been a fun game to watch.
    Am guessing they recruited him to defend Pitts. Same type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Was a fun game. Frustrating that Carr throws the ball at the bucket and it goes in. But, I suppose at 5'6" he practices that.
    Watching him dance with Pitts will be a delight

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Watching him dance with Pitts will be a delight
    Indeed. I am still baffled as to why team don't post those guys up. Perhaps they will later in the season.

Mavs won in every stat expect two, and most importantly, the one that counts (score). 21 TOs to 11. Austin and Fuqua had 15 if the 21 TOs. That HAS to get better.

On the plus side to Fuqua's TOs, he is now 18-21 from the field on the season. I'm going to guess that leads the conference... (for players with more than 5 shots anyway)

I'll stop posting for a bit now since this thread should really be titled Purple Mav Man's random thoughts at this point. Sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast