Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11-11-16 Friday Game Thread

Default 11-11-16 Friday Game Thread

Lots of games tonight in our Central Region. The NSIC website (http://www.siouxfallsisthebestandweh...siouxfalls.org) (just kidding, www.northernsun.org) has a nice little display of all the games under the "Scoreboard" tab.

We start things at 3 with a rematch of the Upper Iowa Peacocks and the Northwest Missouri State Justin Pittses. Somehow UIU managed to take down NWMSU last year, but I'll be surprised to the max if they manage to pull it off again, assuming Pitts plays and is healthy. I saw a reference to him sitting out practices and scrimmages in a different thread, so maybe he's not at 100%? If that's the case, I still take NWMSU by 10-15 points.

Lots of other games throughout the day starting at various times between 4 and 7:30 PM. If you're a D2 basketball fan in this region, today's a pretty good day.

If people have updates/thoughts/complaints/etc. on games throughout the day, go ahead and drop 'em in here.

Default Re: 11-11-16 Friday Game Thread

Will be at the Lindendwood vs Bemidji and Central MO vs MN Duluth games today in Wisconsin Dells. Ready to see some D2 hoops that count!

It's one of my favorite days of the year! Good luck to all NSIC teams...until regular season of course

I think you meant...Good Luck to all the MIAA teams... :)

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Lots of games tonight in our Central Region. The NSIC website (http://www.siouxfallsisthebestandweh...siouxfalls.org) (just kidding, www.northernsun.org) has a nice little display of all the games under the "Scoreboard" tab.

We start things at 3 with a rematch of the Upper Iowa Peacocks and the Northwest Missouri State Justin Pittses. Somehow UIU managed to take down NWMSU last year, but I'll be surprised to the max if they manage to pull it off again, assuming Pitts plays and is healthy. I saw a reference to him sitting out practices and scrimmages in a different thread, so maybe he's not at 100%? If that's the case, I still take NWMSU by 10-15 points.

Lots of other games throughout the day starting at various times between 4 and 7:30 PM. If you're a D2 basketball fan in this region, today's a pretty good day.

If people have updates/thoughts/complaints/etc. on games throughout the day, go ahead and drop 'em in here.
    Pitts healthy as can be. 31 points. NW dominated and looks in mid season form, despite missing Chris Ndow due to illness. Freshman Welte looks ready to step in and make an impact. Woods played well off the dribble. all in all a dominating performance.

DISCLAIMER - I am not complaining about officiating, want to make that clear.

I just forgot how much Doug Votava loves himself and likes to blow his whistle! Welcome back basketball season :)

So far, and it's only been 1 half of basketball, the Mavs do not have a problem sharing the ball with all the newcomers. At times it seems they are passing too much. This team is extremely athletic. I don't know much at all about Pitt, and maybe they are just very unathletic. Also the Mavs seem to be very deep, which is nice.

Beavers down 27-17 to Lindenwood at half. Beavers are 1-10 from the 3 point line. Hmmm....let's pick it up guys!

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

58-50 Mavs with a little over ten minutes to play.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

FINAL- MSU 85 Pitt State 80. Fuqua 23, Witthus 20, Harper 12.

Beavers down 56-35 with 5 minute left.

Nice win for Mankato.

Augie up 49-15 on Southwest Oklahoma State at the half.

Less impressive 2nd half from the Vikes. Still winning comfortably, but things have gotten sloppy and we don't look as we did in half #1. Final score 81-57, but I believe we had a 40+ point lead at one point in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    DISCLAIMER - I am not complaining about officiating, want to make that clear.

I just forgot how much Doug Votava loves himself and likes to blow his whistle! Welcome back basketball season :)
    He's the worst

Wolves beat Southern Nazerine 91-88, Mack leads the way with 20 points

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    He's the worst
    There's far worse. I blame myself for forgetting about it! haha

Side note: I'll probably get taken to the woodshed for this opinion, but I think Stacy Jamison is a very good ref. He lets teams play but doesn't let it get out of hand. Feel free to rip me :)

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    There's far worse. I blame myself for forgetting about it! haha

Side note: I'll probably get taken to the woodshed for this opinion, but I think Stacy Jamison is a very good ref. He lets teams play but doesn't let it get out of hand. Feel free to rip me :)
    From a stance of "its about me" I feel Doug is the worst, for no other reason than he's the only ref I still remember.

On the baseline in college I knew more, haha

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    From a stance of "its about me" I feel Doug is the worst, for no other reason than he's the only ref I still remember.

On the baseline in college I knew more, haha
    Fair point.

Reading the NSIC scoreboard they show UIU 70 NWMSU 57. Seems impossible

Quote Originally Posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Reading the NSIC scoreboard they show UIU 70 NWMSU 57. Seems impossible
    Was a typo. Went to Bearcat site and NWMSU won 87-52

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast