Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 163

Thread: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Breckenridge, MN
    Posts
    5,547
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    19118

    Default The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    Wolves men and women will win NSIC regular season titles...it's my bold prediction for the year...good luck kids

  2. #2

    Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Wolves men and women will win NSIC regular season titles...it's my bold prediction for the year...good luck kids
    Did Peterka undergo a miraculous/divine healing in the past several weeks?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Breckenridge, MN
    Posts
    5,547
    Rep Power
    19118

    Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Did Peterka undergo a miraculous/divine healing in the past several weeks?
    No...he'll be back in a year. Smith is sounding to be an incredible player. I didn't say I'm betting anything, just a bold, meaningless statement to kick off our thread. 😉

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Breckenridge, MN
    Posts
    5,547
    Rep Power
    19118

    Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    NSU women beat Concordia/Moorhead 81-39...oddly the MIAC doesn't do a preseason poll until Friday?

    Nice start regardless

  5. Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Wolves men and women will win NSIC regular season titles...it's my bold prediction for the year...good luck kids
    OK, I will agree with you. Girls seem loaded and guys have plenty of offense and I hope Sundance has inspired them to rebound and play defense with more intensity. Both squads have the talent and depth to compete with any NSIC team.

  6. #6

    Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    I don't know much, but I hope the Mustangs win in Aberdeen on Tuesday night!

    great rivalry -- glad we are playing Northern instead of a chump in NC action

  7. Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMustang View Post
    I don't know much, but I hope the Mustangs win in Aberdeen on Tuesday night!

    great rivalry -- glad we are playing Northern instead of a chump in NC action
    I just quit watching this game at halftime. I feel sorry for the kids having to play with officials this bad. Second game in a row with all the NSU bigs sitting in foul trouble for imaginary fouls. Not sure where they find these guys but my high school officials from 40 years ago were more competent.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Breckenridge, MN
    Posts
    5,547
    Rep Power
    19118

    Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    Wow...NSU scores to make it a one point game with I think 7 seconds left, steal the inbound, get absolutely hammered, no call, SMSU gets possession and fouled and win this one by one. It'doesn't like to not care so much about every game, but they all mean so much and for the last few years it feels we've found ourselves on the losing side of these close games. Lots of season left but housed by Harding and this loss don't help for the nonconference schedule

  9. #9

    Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Wow...NSU scores to make it a one point game with I think 7 seconds left, steal the inbound, get absolutely hammered, no call, SMSU gets possession and fouled and win this one by one. It'doesn't like to not care so much about every game, but they all mean so much and for the last few years it feels we've found ourselves on the losing side of these close games. Lots of season left but housed by Harding and this loss don't help for the nonconference schedule
    These matchups always seem to come down to the last possession, don't they.......

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Breckenridge, MN
    Posts
    5,547
    Rep Power
    19118

    Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    These matchups always seem to come down to the last possession, don't they.......
    They do indeed. Fun series that they've started...time to make a trophy series I think

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Breckenridge, MN
    Posts
    5,547
    Rep Power
    19118

    Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    Wloves had things clicking 1st half, up around 15...now up by one on Chadron....who was picked 14th out of 15 in the RMAC and hasn't had a winning season in 15 years...all because of a full court press to start the 2nd half



    I TAKE ALL MY POSITIVE, HOPEFUL THOUGHTS BACK....I'M PUMPING THE BREAKS, even though I said my prediction was for nothing

  12. #12

    Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Wloves had things clicking 1st half, up around 15...now up by one on Chadron....who was picked 14th out of 15 in the RMAC and hasn't had a winning season in 15 years...all because of a full court press to start the 2nd half



    I TAKE ALL MY POSITIVE, HOPEFUL THOUGHTS BACK....I'M PUMPING THE BREAKS, even though I said my prediction was for nothing
    6 turnovers coming out of the half before we attempted our first shot of the half. 7 turnovers in the 1st 3:45 of the second half of the 10 we had for the game.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Breckenridge, MN
    Posts
    5,547
    Rep Power
    19118

    Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    Surviving some scares on the road and seeing SMSU is now 5-0 in a game we had a chance (foul call or not at the end of that game) to beat the mustangs...how do we feel about this wolves squad? Obviously lots of chemistry to find with all the new guys but how optimistic should we be?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Breckenridge, MN
    Posts
    5,547
    Rep Power
    19118

    Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    Coach Fred goes for win number 800 tomorrow night at Kearney!!

  15. #15

    Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Surviving some scares on the road and seeing SMSU is now 5-0 in a game we had a chance (foul call or not at the end of that game) to beat the mustangs...how do we feel about this wolves squad? Obviously lots of chemistry to find with all the new guys but how optimistic should we be?
    For whatever reason, the NSU-SMSU games in Aberdeen are always close. But yeah, if during that game you were thinking of us as a sub-.500 team like the last two years, you should be more optimistic than you were. I think this team has definite potential, so adjust your NSU opinions accordingly.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Breckenridge, MN
    Posts
    5,547
    Rep Power
    19118

    Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    http://metroyouthsportsmedia.blogspo...l?spref=tw&m=1

    For what it's worth...the Wolves should be pretty happy about getting Parker Fox...

  17. Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    For what it's worth...the Wolves should be pretty happy about getting Parker Fox...
    You may change your mind after you see him play. I reffed him once last year and saw him play one other time, he is a really soft kid. Doesn't like any contact and wants to stand around and shoot jumpers as opposed to going inside and working.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Breckenridge, MN
    Posts
    5,547
    Rep Power
    19118

    Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    You may change your mind after you see him play. I reffed him once last year and saw him play one other time, he is a really soft kid. Doesn't like any contact and wants to stand around and shoot jumpers as opposed to going inside and working.
    Thanks for not giving me crap on double posting and also for visiting our lackluster thread.

  19. #19

    Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    You may change your mind after you see him play. I reffed him once last year and saw him play one other time, he is a really soft kid. Doesn't like any contact and wants to stand around and shoot jumpers as opposed to going inside and working.
    It's so hard to tell with this stuff which kids have games that will translate over well. I had heard from a few people last season that current Augie freshman Lucas Walford was at least a year, if not 2+ years away from making a decent impact for the Vikings. Instead, he seems to be having one of the better "freshman big man" years we've had since Jansen/Schilling's freshman years. Not necessarily saying he's as good as they were their freshman years, but his numbers are relatively comparable and he's playing substantially fewer minutes than Jansen in particular played as a freshman. The flip side is that Walford had offers from 10-12 of the 16 NSIC schools when he committed to Augie and Fox obviously wasn't quite as highly coveted when he made his commitment. But sometimes it all just depends on which program they get into, how they fit into that system, etc. more than how they performed in high school.

    Not knocking your analysis, simple. Just pointing out that kids are more than capable of surprising people once their college careers start.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Breckenridge, MN
    Posts
    5,547
    Rep Power
    19118

    Default Re: The Official Northern State Wolves Thread

    In other news, Johnny Dahl should make his debut in January

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •