Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 85

Thread: USI vs. Purdue game

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    22

    Default USI vs. Purdue game

    Just a day from now USI takes on Purdue. My wife and I just arrived in West Lafayette early this evening and are thrilled about the season! I think USI plays it tight, takes good shots, and keeps it from being a blowout against the Boilermakers. I say Purdue 72, USI 58. Here is the Courier & Press preview:

    http://www.courierpress.com/story/sp...tion/93063070/

  2. Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    Although I want to agree that USI can keep it close, I think the size of Purdue will be too much for USI. USI guards can and will hold their own against Purdue. Looking forward to seeing what Stein can do against this kind of athleticism and size. My prediction is Purdue 81 USI 59.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary3 View Post
    Although I want to agree that USI can keep it close, I think the size of Purdue will be too much for USI. USI guards can and will hold their own against Purdue. Looking forward to seeing what Stein can do against this kind of athleticism and size. My prediction is Purdue 81 USI 59.
    You are 100 percent right with this point, I am also curious how Stein will do against them. You have USI scoring 59, and I have us with 58, so I think we are expecting the same type of effort. I think Purdue's lack of an outside game will prevent them from running away. Should be a great atmosphere, some of the Boiler fans were in the restaurant we ate in tonight and said they are very big inside, but they are concerned about their guard play. We told them we are the opposite, we have great guards, a lot of questions inside. Should be a lot of fun!

  4. #4

    Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    "lol"

  5. Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    " "

  6. #6

    Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    I'm not sure why there is an emphasis on guessing the score. Both teams will be testing the waters. USI is going to lose, it is irrelevant by how many points. I'll be looking at the athletism and skills of the new players and to see how returners have improved. This will be a good indicator of how USI performs or disappoints the fans again this year.

  7. Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    I think a lot of the time with exhibitions the score comes down to the attitude of the coach and how much he decides to let his starters play. I generally think most D2 starters are equivalent to D1 backups or at least compete well with them. I think if Painter leaves his starters in most of the game it may get out of hand but I don't think that'll happen. If I had to throw a score on it I would say Purdue 75 to 56.

    On another note I am hoping we aren't going to get a new thread for every USI game lol. One thread is hard enough to keep up with ;)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    Quote Originally Posted by PantherExpress View Post
    "lol"
    Why it's a KWC troll on the USI threads. Can't wait until we beat KWC like a drum in three weeks. lol

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    Quote Originally Posted by glvcpro View Post
    I'm not sure why there is an emphasis on guessing the score. Both teams will be testing the waters. USI is going to lose, it is irrelevant by how many points. I'll be looking at the athletism and skills of the new players and to see how returners have improved. This will be a good indicator of how USI performs or disappoints the fans again this year.
    Because we are fans trying to enjoy the season. You are obviously a very sad individual, based on your previous posts, who sees everything half empty. I am here in the Purdue arena right now, it is an amazing facility.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthead View Post
    I think a lot of the time with exhibitions the score comes down to the attitude of the coach and how much he decides to let his starters play. I generally think most D2 starters are equivalent to D1 backups or at least compete well with them. I think if Painter leaves his starters in most of the game it may get out of hand but I don't think that'll happen. If I had to throw a score on it I would say Purdue 75 to 56.

    On another note I am hoping we aren't going to get a new thread for every USI game lol. One thread is hard enough to keep up with ;)
    Your prediction is very close to mine. As far as threads for each game, I like the idea. Let the outdated threads go the day of the Herdes-ites and disappear completely. This Purdue arena is an amazing place, we are in here right now. Much, much different than the PAC.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    Quote Originally Posted by Looking For 9 View Post
    " "
    Stay in Owensboro and off the USI threads, or I will head back to your KWC posts and bring up Chris Thomas and barber schooling credits. lol

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Evansville, Ind.
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    The USI players and coaches are in the building! I also just walked down where the Purdue players are shooting around, one of their players is at least 7-2 or 7-3. They have four other players at least 6-9 or 6-10. Very tall and athletic.

  13. Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPride View Post
    Because we are fans trying to enjoy the season. You are obviously a very sad individual, based on your previous posts, who sees everything half empty. I am here in the Purdue arena right now, it is an amazing facility.
    No, I am realistic and have been commenting for many years both good and bad. You on the other hand have been on here for only several months but seemed to have all the answers; just wait and we will see what you have to say at the end of another lousy season. I've been in Mackey arena many times during real games, yes it's had many renovations, it's nice...Enjoy!

  14. Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPride View Post
    The USI players and coaches are in the building! I also just walked down where the Purdue players are shooting around, one of their players is at least 7-2 or 7-3. They have four other players at least 6-9 or 6-10. Very tall and athletic.
    Well what did you expect???? Your observations are insignificant to us.

  15. #15

    Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPride View Post
    Just a day from now USI takes on Purdue. My wife and I just arrived in West Lafayette early this evening and are thrilled about the season! I think USI plays it tight, takes good shots, and keeps it from being a blowout against the Boilermakers. I say Purdue 72, USI 58. Here is the Courier & Press preview:

    http://www.courierpress.com/story/sp...tion/93063070/
    Purdue is going to kill USI, this will be a 30 or 40 point smashing. If Painter calls off his horses, maybe 25 points. USI has no inside game at all. I say Purdue 87, USI 58. That's being generous.

  16. #16

    Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    Quote Originally Posted by glvcpro View Post
    No, I am realistic and have been commenting for many years both good and bad. You on the other hand have been on here for only several months but seemed to have all the answers; just wait and we will see what you have to say at the end of another lousy season. I've been in Mackey arena many times during real games, yes it's had many renovations, it's nice...Enjoy!
    I love this, a down and out USI fan and the season hasn't even started yet! It's funny to come on this board and see all the negative USI fans fighting among each other. UIndy is ready to rock & roll this season, the Hounds will give USI more losses later this season.

  17. #17

    Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPride View Post
    Your prediction is very close to mine. As far as threads for each game, I like the idea. Let the outdated threads go the day of the Herdes-ites and disappear completely. This Purdue arena is an amazing place, we are in here right now. Much, much different than the PAC.
    Is it a sell out general admission? Is it Black Friday already? Who the hell goes that early to a practice game vs a unheralded d1 ? the lights even on yet?

  18. #18

    Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    Quote Originally Posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post
    I love this, a down and out USI fan and the season hasn't even started yet! It's funny to come on this board and see all the negative USI fans fighting among each other. UIndy is ready to rock & roll this season, the Hounds will give USI more losses later this season.
    People can dis on Stan but his collective body of work gets hounds to NCAA despite having more obstacles than USI. HoTWoD was busy sittin by caller ID waiting on [BELL, THOMA] eating fried pickles from
    Pinch Penney pub while Uindy playing in postseason

  19. Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    Well so far not impressed with new recruits and don't see much improvement in the rest...going be a long season AGAIN!

  20. #20

    Default Re: USI vs. Purdue game

    Can't believe this criticism of USI Carbondale !!!! Did you not see these moves by HoTWoD recruits? Better than anything ever put on the floor in USI history!
    https://youtu.be/8V8QMbLd2f8

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •