Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

I hope its not a case of premature nomination, but I think its probably a pretty safe bet that Gage Davis wins this weeks North Division POW award. Team went 2-0, and he averaged 26.5 pts. and 12 boards per game.
    Oh, and he turns 23 today.
    Last edited by simple as a $3 bill; 12-09-2018 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Forgot a point

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    I hope its not a case of premature nomination, but I think its probably a pretty safe bet that Gage Davis wins this weeks North Division POW award. Team went 2-0, and he averaged 26.5 pts. and 12 boards per game.
    Not so fast my friend.

Averaging 36 ppg on 763 shots this weekend while providing little else (like rebounding and defense) are quite obviously more important...

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Averaging 36 ppg on 763 shots this weekend while providing little else (like rebounding and defense) are quite obviously more important...
    Gage Davis has much better non-scoring stats, theres no denying that but here are Cleary's shooting #s for the weekend:

25-53 FG (47.2%), 10-15 3pt (66.7%), 12-12 FT

72 points on 53 FGA while being the undisputed focal point of your offense is absolutely POW worthy.

5. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Gage Davis has much better non-scoring stats, theres no denying that but here are Cleary's shooting #s for the weekend:

25-53 FG (47.2%), 10-15 3pt (66.7%), 12-12 FT

72 points on 53 FGA while being the undisputed focal point of your offense is absolutely POW worthy.
    Moorhead’s Gavin Baumgartner should also have been on short list after averaging 19.5 points per game. 17-22 from the field, 9-11 from three. How about 48 points on 22 shot attempts over the weekend? That efficiency is unheard of for perimeter player. Could argue that is as good or better than anyone in league over two weekend games.

6. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Not so fast my friend.
    How dare you use the F word with me. :)

7. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Silly me for thinking that helping your team to wins was important.

8. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

Some nice NCAA ink for St. Clouds best shooter.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...GENG_BkEUffnMA

9. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

10. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

11. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

Another signing down, only 11 more to go. :)

https://scsuhuskies.com/news/2019/3/...26Lac8lGB_cxsE

12. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

I know most won't care for this but some may like it. The Gage Davis mixtape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aklt...&feature=share

13. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

Is Gage Davis getting any looks from the pros? He posted a photo of what looked like a Bucks practice jersey today, with the caption that he was in Milwaukee.

I'm not sure what that was all about, but I noticed he seems to be working pretty hard even though his time @ SCSU is over.

14. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

Since I'm here, I saw that Halenbeck's center court is being replaced with the center court from Eastman. I can post a photo if y'all would like me too, if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

That's a neat idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    Is Gage Davis getting any looks from the pros? He posted a photo of what looked like a Bucks practice jersey today, with the caption that he was in Milwaukee.

I'm not sure what that was all about, but I noticed he seems to be working pretty hard even though his time @ SCSU is over.
    He's certainly good enough and has the requisite size to get some looks

16. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

Just the Bucks.

17. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    He's certainly good enough and has the requisite size to get some looks
    My prediction is that despite how good of player he is, he will not really get the nba looks because he is not a real consistent three point shooter. My guess is he will have a good run in Europe.

18. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

I know that he's been in contact with a few, 6 or so, G League teams with the Rio Grande Vipers(Houston) being in contact with him throughout most of last season. The main reason for that may be that former SCSU assistant Mahmoud Abdelfattah(the person who recruited him to SCSU) is an assistant with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    My prediction is that despite how good of player he is, he will not really get the nba looks because he is not a real consistent three point shooter. My guess is he will have a good run in Europe.
    Well of course, I wasn't really talking about the NBA. The original question asked if he was getting looks from the pros. Europe is still professional basketball. So is the G League, if that's an option as well.

I know that he's been in contact with a few, 6 or so, G League teams with the Rio Grande Vipers(Houston) being in contact with him throughout most of last season. The main reason for that may be that former SCSU assistant Mahmoud Abdelfattah(the person who recruited him to SCSU) is an assistant with them.
    Great point about the Abdelfattah connection!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast