Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 112

Thread: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

  1. #21

    Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Good one for you maybe as your winona boys got a win. Ish, that one hurts.

    It didn't seem that SCSU was ever in this one. Down 13 at a couple of points in the first half, worked it down to 8 at halftime. Then went down by as much as 17 in the second half. They really need to end this trip 1-2.
    Listed to most of the game. Like you said WT got up early and SCSU was never really able to get back into it. They did get it down to 4 for 1 possession in the second half but it never felt like WT was in danger of losing the lead. Runs are just part of the game. Anyway I know I am biased but WT is a pretty good team this year. They are picked to finish 4th in the conference but I could see them winning it if they stay healthy and continue to play as a team. They have everyone back from a 21 win team last year and have added White back into the rotation after medical red shirt last year along with Skylar coming down for one final year from WSU. They now have some depth that they were lacking in past 2 seasons to go along with experience since most of these kids were FR and SO last year.

    Was not expecting SCSU to lose yesterday though. Tough to win when you go 4-34 from 3. Just one of those days I guess. From what I was told SCSU has some players though. Davis is tough but heard he can lose interest when things are not going right for him so that will need to change and then the shooters will need to make some shots for them. SCSU needs to find that big guy that requires some attention down low. The past couple of years they have been down is because they do not have that stud they usually have and would help open it up some for these shooters. Not all is lost, its only 3 games.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,831
    Rep Power
    179455

    Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    Any guesses on where the Huskies will be ranked in the next poll?

  3. #23

    Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Rough start for the Huskies. On the plus side, none of these three losses counts as an in-region loss, right?
    My interpretation:
    All opponents within your geographic region are in-region contests.

    That means that since the Central Region includes Arkansas, the game against AR-Fort Smith would be an in-region contest.

  4. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Any guesses on where the Huskies will be ranked in the next poll?
    Closer to where they actually should have been rated in the first poll.

  5. #25

    Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    Watched a little bit of your good pal Jordan Poydras tonight in the CBI, since I follow Wyoming somewhat and that's who his team was playing. He's averaging about 11 ppg this year for Utah Valley, had 9 pts on 3-10 shooting tonight in his last college game.

    Comment on Poydras from a Wyoming fan: "#10 on UVU was such a stupid loser pile of crap." Had a good chuckle when I read that!

    Oh, and as for this from the first post...

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Thought I'd go get this started. Although it will probably be one of the least acted on on here.
    Had to go all the way to the last page of threads to find this, so good call simple.

  6. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    You wouldn't find many people around the SCSU program who would disagree with that sentiment on Jordan.

    And while you were doing that I was sitting in the same group with Mr.'s Smith and Barnes at Williams Arena taking in the Class AA state tourney games.

  7. #27

    Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    You wouldn't find many people around the SCSU program who would disagree with that sentiment on Jordan.

    And while you were doing that I was sitting in the same group with Mr.'s Smith and Barnes at Williams Arena taking in the Class AA state tourney games.
    Not his best game, but what did you make of Stevin Lipp? That C-I big man looked pretty good but tough to tell on my phone, ha

  8. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Not his best game, but what did you make of Stevin Lipp? That C-I big man looked pretty good but tough to tell on my phone, ha
    He was solid. Is that the kid going to NDSU for football #52?

  9. #29

    Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    He was solid. Is that the kid going to NDSU for football #52?
    Carson Yaggie is #4 for Breckenridge, he is a walk on QB for NDSU next year. #22 I Stevin Lipp, he is the one who had put up 30+ a few time and a school record 41 against Waubun. Has a ton of dunks on the year. I know, doesn't mean he is great, has a lot to work on but could become a good player. #5 is only a sophomore and has good height, not a typical post but very slim. He is the one I'd watch to maybe get some possible d2 looks IF he grows into that body and keeps developing.

    I'm not sure on the C-I kid, just seems like one who should play somewhere.

  10. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    If I remember the right player, #52 from CI is going to NDSU for football.

  11. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    I absolutely understand why SCSU would want a player with this name. :)

    http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/...eam/727162001/

  12. #32

    Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    I absolutely understand why SCSU would want a player with this name. :)

    http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/...eam/727162001/
    I knew this was coming

  13. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    Statement from SCSU about Gage Davis.

    St. Cloud State University men's basketball player Gage Davis will not play in the Huskies' first six games of the 2017-18 season due to a violation of the St. Cloud State University student code of conduct. He is scheduled to return to the SCSU roster on Dec. 2, 2017 for the Huskies' game against Bemidji State. Davis will not be on the floor for the Huskies' season opening games on Nov. 10-11 at the MIAA/NSIC Challenge in Pittsburg, Kan.

  14. #34

    Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Statement from SCSU about Gage Davis.

    St. Cloud State University men's basketball player Gage Davis will not play in the Huskies' first six games of the 2017-18 season due to a violation of the St. Cloud State University student code of conduct. He is scheduled to return to the SCSU roster on Dec. 2, 2017 for the Huskies' game against Bemidji State. Davis will not be on the floor for the Huskies' season opening games on Nov. 10-11 at the MIAA/NSIC Challenge in Pittsburg, Kan.
    Can't remember the poster or the thread exactly (may have been Moorhead123 or something like that) that mentioned this during the late summer. Now confirmed.

  15. #35

    Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Can't remember the poster or the thread exactly (may have been Moorhead123 or something like that) that mentioned this during the late summer. Now confirmed.
    Page 5 of predictions

  16. #36

    Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Can't remember the poster or the thread exactly (may have been Moorhead123 or something like that) that mentioned this during the late summer. Now confirmed.
    I heard that rumor a while ago and he is probably very lucky not kicked off team.

  17. #37

    Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    I heard that rumor a while ago and he is probably very lucky not kicked off team.
    If he were not Gage Davis, maybe he would have been?

  18. Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    If he were not Gage Davis, maybe he would have been?
    I hope that that isn't the case. If it should have been a fireable offense, it should be a fireable offense.

  19. #39

    Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    I hope that that isn't the case. If it should have been a fireable offense, it should be a fireable offense.
    Agreed. I'd feel the same if it were.... well, I don't think MSU has anything close to a star player, but you get the point :)

  20. #40

    Default Re: New SCSU Mens basketball thread

    Think that is an accurate statement

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •