Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: The Man.

Contribute to D2

Default Re: The Man.

Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    Since Pitt State IS playing in the post season in the Texarcana Bowl vs Arkansas Tech, why would the winner of this game not carry the belt into the next season?
    I would imagine it would carry over to Tech if they won. Does the GAC schedule only in conference games?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy21 View Post
    I would imagine it would carry over to Tech if they won. Does the GAC schedule only in conference games?
    Yes.

Darn, so the belt would float around a silo conference until playoffs waiting to be merged again

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Darn, so the belt would float around a silo conference until playoffs waiting to be merged again
    Uh, it's in a silo conf already.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    Uh, it's in a silo conf already.
    Shoot you're right. I guess I should have said another silo conference so there's less of a hope of merging the titles next year before playoffs unless harding is somehow going to reel off 5 straight wins....of course that's if tech wins.

Wouldn't necessarily leave the silo conference. Assuming the current belt holder does not run the table and make the playoffs, here's a possible scenario...Team that ultimately makes the playoffs plays and beats Team A. Next week Team A plays and beats the current belt holder to become the belt holder. The ultimate playoff team misses becoming The Man by one week!

Monster's best case scanario is one of the MIAA schools wins the Interm belt so that there will be a forced unification next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
    Monster's best case scanario is one of the MIAA schools wins the Interm belt so that there will be a forced unification next year.
    I wonder how many Interim belts there could be? Let's assume Ark Tech beats Pitt to claim the REAL Man Belt and the MIAA does win and claims the fake Interim Belt. Next year the new NC has a "hangover" and loses the belt the first week of the season and then goes on to make the playoffs again while the vagaries of scheduling and W/L keep the ultimate holder of the fake Interim Belt out of the playoffs. Could we then have The Man, The Interim Man #1 and the Interim Man #2???

Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    I wonder how many Interim belts there could be? Let's assume Ark Tech beats Pitt to claim the REAL Man Belt and the MIAA does win and claims the fake Interim Belt. Next year the new NC has a "hangover" and loses the belt the first week of the season and then goes on to make the playoffs again while the vagaries of scheduling and W/L keep the ultimate holder of the fake Interim Belt out of the playoffs. Could we then have The Man, The Interim Man #1 and the Interim Man #2???
    thats why i dont think monster should recognize the bowl games...but who am i to tell someone crazy and stubborn enough to keep this going for well over a decade how he should run his thing

Quote Originally Posted by dvaara View Post
    thats why i dont think monster should recognize the bowl games...but who am i to tell someone crazy and stubborn enough to keep this going for well over a decade how he should run his thing
    While I feel there can be only ONE MAN and anyone who wears the Interim belt is just a pretender, I do agree with you that Monster is insane!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dvaara View Post
    The hard part of this was all digging through and finding the records of all the teams back when they played, figuring out who was an official D2 school back then, and sorting it all out. Tracking interim belts back in the 80's and 70's was a FEMALE DOG. Now, its just a pain in the glutes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    The hard part of this was all digging through and finding the records of all the teams back when they played, figuring out who was an official D2 school back then, and sorting it all out. Tracking interim belts back in the 80's and 70's was a FEMALE DOG. Now, its just a pain in the glutes.
    i cant think of a better person for the job

So Monsters only hope for a unified belt it is....Harding winning it all and Arkansas Tech to beat Pitt..that would be something to see a 7 seed do that lol

So Monsters only hope for a unified belt it is....Harding winning it all and Arkansas Tech to beat Pitt..that would be something to see a 7 seed do that lol
    eh, I'll have to track it next year anyways. as long as both belts make the playoffs, I'm good.

Pittsburgh State beats Arkansas Tech, they will be holding The Man belt until next season. Due to the MIAA's not playing any non-conference games, it will stay in the MIAA until the playoffs next year.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Due to the MIAA's not playing any non-conference games,.

That's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Wide_Right View Post
    That's a shame.
    Damn right!! we really need to get on our commissioners about trying to push forth some legislation that would force more conferences into allowing their schools to playing at least one non-conference game. Or maybe when it comes down to the playoff selection process, the fact that they didn't schedule at least one non-conference game at the start of the season gets counted as a loss as far as the math goes. Should at least allow a little leeway for a game that has to be canceled due to weather or something else that pops up.

So next weekend, West Florida gets to take their first crack ever at becoming The Man, as NWMSU had held onto the title belt longer than what they had been a program. In their way, a former belt holder in Texas A&M-Commerce. Going to have to see if we can make the interim belt a glass slipper for WFU to cap off their Cinderella season.

Texas A&M-Commerce beats West Florida 37-27 on 12-16-17 to claim the interim The Man title Belt for 2017.

My the two belts make the playoffs next year.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast