Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 143

Thread: The Man.

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    8,436
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    191810

    Default Re: The Man.

    The Bearcats are 'The Man' in Men's Basketball too!
    NW FB/BB went an astounding 50-1 this academic year with 2 MIAA titles and 2 National Titles!
    Culture Wins!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    3,730
    Rep Power
    149071

    Default Re: The Man.

    If anyone is interested in reading about "The Man" behind NW BB here is a link to article in KC Star:

    http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...141852509.html

    Coach Ben McCollum
    Last edited by NW Normal; 03-30-2017 at 08:35 PM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    33,610
    Rep Power
    290151

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    The Bearcats are 'The Man' in Men's Basketball too!
    NW FB/BB went an astounding 50-1 this academic year with 2 MIAA titles and 2 National Titles!
    Culture Wins!
    Man, that's just going you sandbaggers all the more arrogant.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    360
    Rep Power
    3172

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Culture Wins!
    Culture is way overrated. Yogurt is okay, I guess, but buttermilk is just nasty. Oh, you meant a culture of winning. Well, big fish and small ponds and all that are fun if you're not easily bored but it must really suck when your high expectations don't get met. If you don't win it all then you're a massive failure. Like football in '14.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    33,610
    Rep Power
    290151

    Default Re: The Man.

    Regular yogurt or Greek yogurt??

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13,053
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by NW Normal View Post
    If anyone is interested in reading about "The Man" behind NW BB here is a link to article in KC Star:

    http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...141852509.html

    Coach Ben McCollum
    But he didn't invent basketball at NW

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    3,730
    Rep Power
    149071

    Default Re: The Man.

    No, that was Coach Iba, who was at Northwest before he became famous at Okie State.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    33,610
    Rep Power
    290151

    Default Re: The Man.

    Thursday, August 31st., 2017, Emporia State University gets their chance at the crown and I don't believe that the Man will have a chance to leave the MIAA until the playoffs. There's just something wrong with that.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Blue Springs, MO
    Posts
    9,578
    Rep Power
    9221

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Thursday, August 31st., 2017, Emporia State University gets their chance at the crown and I don't believe that the Man will have a chance to leave the MIAA until the playoffs. There's just something wrong with that.
    and given how well .500 SOS works, if northwest loses it to someone before the playoffs it could stay through the off-season because of that team not making the playoffs.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    33,610
    Rep Power
    290151

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    and given how well .500 SOS works, if northwest loses it to someone before the playoffs it could stay through the off-season because of that team not making the playoffs.
    Remember to lift those sandbags with your legs, not your back.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    3,730
    Rep Power
    149071

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    and given how well .500 SOS works, if northwest loses it to someone before the playoffs it could stay through the off-season because of that team not making the playoffs.
    2017 sees the Bearcats playing Central, Pitt and MoWest all on the road. Hmmm?

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    33,610
    Rep Power
    290151

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    and given how well .500 SOS works, if northwest loses it to someone before the playoffs it could stay through the off-season because of that team not making the playoffs.
    which would mean having to track 2 belts, I hate having to track two belts!!

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    33,610
    Rep Power
    290151

    Default Re: The Man.

    Dang, I was going to work on another little detail thing here to the list. Was thinking about adding in every championship game to the list, as that there was quite a few of the Man's who went into that game already holding the belt and keeping it for next season. I want to College Football Data Warehouse to check for those games but they've appeared to have gone belly up and are no longer on the internet. Damn shame as they had information on an ungodly amount of games that had to take several man years to all enter into their database.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    34 miles north of Sleepy Eye
    Posts
    43,024
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    I want to College Football Data Warehouse to check for those games but they've appeared to have gone belly up and are no longer on the internet. Damn shame as they had information on an ungodly amount of games that had to take several man years to all enter into their database.
    What? I used to go there for info but I haven't checked them in a long time. That is sad.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    33,610
    Rep Power
    290151

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    What? I used to go there for info but I haven't checked them in a long time. That is sad.
    I googled online looking for more information about it, but it looks like it went offline back sometime in April or so.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    10113

    Default Re: The Man.

    There appears to be some fairly complete data from a capture in March 2016 at the wayback machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20160306...team_index.php

    Did not try to see how complete, but a couple of teams seem to have links working...

  17. #37
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    11,947
    Rep Power
    136893

    Default Re: The Man.

    [QUOTE=bigmrg74;2059544]which would mean having to track 2 belts, I hate having to track two belts!! :at

    In the words of the Highlander...THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!! If no one has proven themselves to be worthy of being the one and only MAN, then shouldn't the belt be retired??

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    33,610
    Rep Power
    290151

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFromMI View Post
    There appears to be some fairly complete data from a capture in March 2016 at the wayback machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20160306...team_index.php

    Did not try to see how complete, but a couple of teams seem to have links working...
    Thanks!!! Might just be enough for what I need. I sure hope College Football Data Warehouse gets their act together and get back online with their information all backed up.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    33,610
    Rep Power
    290151

    Default Re: The Man.

    [QUOTE=boatcapt;2062125]
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    which would mean having to track 2 belts, I hate having to track two belts!! :at

    In the words of the Highlander...THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!! If no one has proven themselves to be worthy of being the one and only MAN, then shouldn't the belt be retired??
    The belts are tracked until there's a unification matchup. Odds favor both belts making the playoffs. Good teams tend to get them and to hang onto them.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    11,947
    Rep Power
    136893

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post

    The belts are tracked until there's a unification matchup. Odds favor both belts making the playoffs. Good teams tend to get them and to hang onto them.
    But as Ric Flair said...To be The Man, you've got to beat The Man. Don't beat The Man, you can't say you're The Man!! No such thing as "The Men!"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •