Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Man.

Contribute to D2

Default Re: The Man.

The Bearcats are 'The Man' in Men's Basketball too!
    NW FB/BB went an astounding 50-1 this academic year with 2 MIAA titles and 2 National Titles!
    Culture Wins!

If anyone is interested in reading about "The Man" behind NW BB here is a link to article in KC Star:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...141852509.html

Coach Ben McCollum
    Last edited by NW Normal; 03-30-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    The Bearcats are 'The Man' in Men's Basketball too!
    NW FB/BB went an astounding 50-1 this academic year with 2 MIAA titles and 2 National Titles!
    Culture Wins!
    Man, that's just going you sandbaggers all the more arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Culture Wins!
    Culture is way overrated. Yogurt is okay, I guess, but buttermilk is just nasty. Oh, you meant a culture of winning. Well, big fish and small ponds and all that are fun if you're not easily bored but it must really suck when your high expectations don't get met. If you don't win it all then you're a massive failure. Like football in '14.

Regular yogurt or Greek yogurt??

Quote Originally Posted by NW Normal View Post
    If anyone is interested in reading about "The Man" behind NW BB here is a link to article in KC Star:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...141852509.html

Coach Ben McCollum
    But he didn't invent basketball at NW

No, that was Coach Iba, who was at Northwest before he became famous at Okie State.

Thursday, August 31st., 2017, Emporia State University gets their chance at the crown and I don't believe that the Man will have a chance to leave the MIAA until the playoffs. There's just something wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Thursday, August 31st., 2017, Emporia State University gets their chance at the crown and I don't believe that the Man will have a chance to leave the MIAA until the playoffs. There's just something wrong with that.
    and given how well .500 SOS works, if northwest loses it to someone before the playoffs it could stay through the off-season because of that team not making the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    and given how well .500 SOS works, if northwest loses it to someone before the playoffs it could stay through the off-season because of that team not making the playoffs.
    Remember to lift those sandbags with your legs, not your back.

2017 sees the Bearcats playing Central, Pitt and MoWest all on the road. Hmmm?

which would mean having to track 2 belts, I hate having to track two belts!!

Dang, I was going to work on another little detail thing here to the list. Was thinking about adding in every championship game to the list, as that there was quite a few of the Man's who went into that game already holding the belt and keeping it for next season. I want to College Football Data Warehouse to check for those games but they've appeared to have gone belly up and are no longer on the internet. Damn shame as they had information on an ungodly amount of games that had to take several man years to all enter into their database.

I want to College Football Data Warehouse to check for those games but they've appeared to have gone belly up and are no longer on the internet. Damn shame as they had information on an ungodly amount of games that had to take several man years to all enter into their database.
    What? I used to go there for info but I haven't checked them in a long time. That is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    What? I used to go there for info but I haven't checked them in a long time. That is sad.
    I googled online looking for more information about it, but it looks like it went offline back sometime in April or so.

There appears to be some fairly complete data from a capture in March 2016 at the wayback machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20160306...team_index.php

Did not try to see how complete, but a couple of teams seem to have links working...

[QUOTE=bigmrg74;2059544]which would mean having to track 2 belts, I hate having to track two belts!! :at

In the words of the Highlander...THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!! If no one has proven themselves to be worthy of being the one and only MAN, then shouldn't the belt be retired??

Quote Originally Posted by RedFromMI View Post
    There appears to be some fairly complete data from a capture in March 2016 at the wayback machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20160306...team_index.php

Did not try to see how complete, but a couple of teams seem to have links working...
    Thanks!!! Might just be enough for what I need. I sure hope College Football Data Warehouse gets their act together and get back online with their information all backed up.

[QUOTE=boatcapt;2062125]
    which would mean having to track 2 belts, I hate having to track two belts!! :at

In the words of the Highlander...THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!! If no one has proven themselves to be worthy of being the one and only MAN, then shouldn't the belt be retired??
    The belts are tracked until there's a unification matchup. Odds favor both belts making the playoffs. Good teams tend to get them and to hang onto them.

Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post

The belts are tracked until there's a unification matchup. Odds favor both belts making the playoffs. Good teams tend to get them and to hang onto them.
    But as Ric Flair said...To be The Man, you've got to beat The Man. Don't beat The Man, you can't say you're The Man!! No such thing as "The Men!"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast