Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 181 to 200 of 200

Thread: The Man.

  1. #181

    Default Re: The Man.

    bigmrg74

    How's that???

  2. #182
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    22,521
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    bigmrg74

    How's that???

    biggvsushouldmoveup74

  3. #183
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    12,923
    Rep Power
    228881

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by '89HOG View Post
    Over 32K views... over 176 replies... hours of research... all because someone quoted Ric Flair's "To be the man, you've got to beat the man! Whoooo!!!"
    Hey, what's wrong with having a belt named for the stylin', profilin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' and dealin' son of a gun??

    It's OK to have a belt named after Ric Flair...Because Stone Cold said so! And THAT'S the bottom line!!!!!!

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,337
    Rep Power
    640208

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Why can't anyone ever type my name in right??

    I've kicked around the idea of an actual trophy/belt that teams could actually have with them, but that's something that would cost money and involve lawyers likely to keep some A-hole of a school from getting their hands on it and keeping it when it's their turn to hand it over. That and if its more of a trophy deal, it would need to be something pretty solid so that guys wouldn't mess it up when they're celebrating getting it. I don't wanna know how much the NHL spent on fixing Lord Stanley's Cup after the Capitals did repeated keg stands with it.
    NOt sure what you mean Bagmrs666?

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    4,417
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    bigmrg74

    How's that???

    BiggHombre3.14


    .. 'cause he goes to infinity and beeeyooooond!




    .
    Last edited by Wide_Right; 12-07-2018 at 12:41 PM.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    12,923
    Rep Power
    228881

    Default Re: The Man.

    Bigmrg 3:16 or maybe, 24/7/Bigmrg...

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Posts
    6,045
    Rep Power
    520025

    Default Re: The Man.

    That's why I just call him Monster.

    BTW, didn't you have an old tag line that said "If you're afraid of a Jedi, you BETTER be afraid of the monster" or something similar? I always thought that was hilarious.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Posts
    6,045
    Rep Power
    520025

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    two belts enter, only one belt leaves.

    blargh!! why does it have to be ferris??
    Valdosta is THE MAN.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    4,417
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by '89HOG View Post
    Valdosta is THE MAN.
    I'm still waiting for Big .Mr 77, so show us a picture of the belt??!!

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    33,780
    Rep Power
    355784

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    bigmrg74

    How's that???
    Better. The Rest of Y'all are jerks.

    Been busy with stuff. Need to update the list and probably save myself a copy of it. Just in case.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Valdosta, GA.
    Posts
    37,905
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by '89HOG View Post
    Valdosta is THE MAN.
    Thank you!!!
    What a season!!



    #BlazerNation

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    33,780
    Rep Power
    355784

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Louisiana Tech beats Western Kentucky 34-0 in the first NCAA Division 2 Championship Game to become the first Man on 12-15-1973.

    LTU lost it to Central Michigan 35-14 on 12-07-74.
    CMU goes D1 in 1975, but lost it to Northern Michigan 17-16 on 09-20-75.
    NMU lost it to Akron 30-13 on 10-11-75.
    Akron lost it to Eastern Kentucky 17-9 on 11-22-75.

    EKU doesn’t make the 1975 playoffs. The first interim belt goes to Northern Michigan for winning the 1975 championship.

    EKU lost it to Delaware 37-21 on 09-11-76.
    Delaware lost it to Northern Michigan 28-17 on 11-27-76.
    NMU lost it to Akron 29-26 on 12-04-76.
    Akron lost it to Montana State 24-13 on 12-11-76.
    MSU lost it to Boise State 26-0 on 10-01-77.
    BSU lost it to Nevada 28-10 on 10-15-77.
    Nevada lost it to Cal-Davis 37-21 on 11-12-77.
    Cal-Davis lost it to Lehigh 39-30 on 12-03-77.

    Lehigh left D2 in 1978. Their next D2 loss was to Delaware in 1979.
    Lehigh lost it to Delaware 21-14 on 10-06-79.
    Eastern Illinois wins the 1978 championship, and claims an interim belt in the process.
    Delaware left D2 in 1980. Next D2 loss was to Northern Michigan in 1980.

    Delaware lost it to Northern Michigan 22-7 on 10-18-80.
    NMU lost it to Eastern Illinois 35-28 on 11-01-80.
    EIU lost it to Cal Poly-SLO 21-13 on 12-13-80.
    Cal Poly-SLO lost to Cal Poly-Pomona 35-21 on 09-26-81.
    Cal Poly-Pomona lost to Cal-Davis 19-7 on 10-03-81.
    Cal-Davis lost to Humboldt State 20-18 on 10-10-81.
    HSU lost to Chico State 26-7 on 10-31-81.
    Chico State lost to Cal-Davis 38-9 on 11-07-81.

    Cal-Davis failed to make the playoffs in 1981. Texas State, then Southwest Texas won the Championship in 1981 and thus claiming an Interim The Man belt. Cal-Davis and Texas State both went on to win all their games in 1982, until the championship game, where the belts where unified.

    Cal-Davis lost to Texas State, 34-9 on 12-11-82.
    Texas State lost to Stephen F. Austin 27-24 on 10-22-83
    SFA lost to ACU 24-10 10-29-83
    ACU lost to Texas State 54-13 11-12-83
    Texas State lost to Central State 24-16 11-26-83
    Central State lost to North Dakota State 41-21 12-10-83
    NDSU lost it to MSU-Mankato 28-21 on 09-15-84
    MSU-Mankato lost it to Northern Colorado 24-22 on 09-22-84
    UNC lost it to North Dakota 33-7 on 09-29-84
    UND lost it to Nebraska-Omaha 28-3 on 10-20-84
    UNO lost it to North Dakota State 25-14 on 12-01-84
    NDSU lost it to Troy 18-17 on 12-08-84
    Troy lost it to Mississippi College 45-21 on 10-19-85
    MC lost it to West Georgia 30-28 on 11-02-85
    WGU lost it to Delta State 25-20 on 11-09-85
    DSU lost it to Valdosta State 39-20 on 11-16-85
    VSU lost it to North Alabama 45-0 on 11-23-85
    UNA lost it to NDSU 35-7 on 12-14-85
    NDSU lost it to Northern Michigan 10-6 on 09-12-87
    NMU lost it to Portland State 13-7 on 12-05-87
    Portland lost it to Troy 31-17 on 12-12-87
    Troy lost it to Central Florida 26-18 on 09-17-88
    CFU lost it to New Haven 31-23 on 10-08-88
    New Haven lost it to American International 51-21 on 10-15-88
    AIC lost it to Bowie State 16-13 on 10-22-88
    Bowie State lost it to Winston-Salem 16-14 on 11-05-88
    Winston-Salem lost it to North Carolina Central 31-16 on 11-20-88
    NC Central lost it to Sacramento State 56-7 on 11-27-88
    Sac St lost it to NDSU 42-20 on 12-03-88
    NDSU lost it to St. Cloud State 20-13 on 10-21-89
    SCSU lost it to Mississippi College 55-24 on 11-18-89
    MC lost it to IUP 27-8 on 12-03-90
    IUP lost it to NDSU 51-11 on 12-10-90
    NDSU lost it to GVSU 21-17 on 9/14/91
    GVSU lost it to Butler 33-0 on 9/21/91
    Butler lost it to Ferris State 7-6 on 10/19/91
    Ferris State lost it to St Joseph's (IN) 16-10 on 11/9/91

    St. Joseph's did not make the playoffs in 1991. Interim title of the Man goes to Pittsburg State for winning the NC in 1991.

    St. Joseph's lost it to Grand Valley State 28-18 on 09-05-92
    GVSU lost it to Indiana University (PA) 45-27 on 09-12-92

    IUP did not lose to another D2 that year but missed the playoffs. Jacksonville State will claim PSU's Interim title from 91 in 92. Jacksonville leaves D2 that year with the interim belt.

    IUP lost it to North Alabama 41-34 on 12-11-93
    UNA did not lose to another D2 school until 1996.

    UNA lost it to Albany State 17-10 on 08-31-96
    Albany St lost it to Miles 29-24 on 09-07-96
    Miles lost it to Tuskegee 37-36 on 09-21-96
    Tuskegee lost it to Albany State 38-14 on 09-28-96
    Albany St lost it to Valdosta State 38-28 on 11-23-96
    VSU lost it to Carson-Newman 24-19 on 11-30-96
    C-N lost it to Northern Colorado on 12-14-96
    Northern Colorado lost it to Western State 14-13 on 9-13-97
    Western State lost it to Fort Hays State 28-15 on 10-18-97
    Fort Hays State lost it to New Mexico Highlands 35-28 on 10-25-97
    NMH lost it to Nebraska-Kearney 49-48 on 11-08-97

    UNK did not make the playoffs in 97. Interim Title of The Man goes to Northern Colorado for winning the NC that year.

    UNK lost it to Missouri Western 26-23 on 9-5-98
    MWSU lost it to Truman St. 41-15 on 9-19-98
    Truman lost it to Central Missouri 10-7 on 9-26-98
    CMSU lost it to Pittsburg St. 32-14 on 10-15-98
    PSU lost it to Northwest Missouri 23-18 on 10-24-08
    NWMSU lost to Nebraska-Omaha 40-17 on 9-4-99.
    UNO lost to Northern Colorado 43-39 on 10-4-99.
    UNC lost to North Dakota 24-16 on 10-16-99.
    UND lost to South Dakota State 21-7 on 10-23-99.
    SDSU lost to UNO 40-34 on 10-30-99.
    UNO lost it to Augustana 31-24 on 11-6-99.
    Augustana lost it to UNC 48-32 on 11-13-99.
    UNC lost it to NWMSU 41-35 on 11-27-99.
    NWMSU lost it to North Dakota State 34-17 on 11-18-00.
    NDSU lost it to Delta State 34-16 on 12-2-00.
    DSU lost it to Valdosta State 70-12 on 10-6-01.
    VSU lost it to Catawba 37-34 on 11-24-01.
    Catawba lost it to Grand Valley State 34-16 on 12-1-01.
    GVSU lost it to UND 17-14 on 12-8-01.
    UND lost it to Central Washington 43-7 on 9-7-02.
    CWU lost it to UC Davis 24-6 on 11-23-02
    UC Davis lost it to Texas A&M-Kingsville 27-20 on 11-30-02
    TAMUK lost it to VSU 21-12 on 12-7-02.
    VSU lost it to GVSU 31-24 on 12-14-02.
    GVSU lost it to Saginaw Valley State 34-16 on 10-18-03.
    SVSU lost it to GVSU 10-3 on 11-29-03.
    GVSU lost it to SVSU 31-20 on 10-16-04.
    SVSU lost it to Michigan Tech 38-18 on 10-30-04.
    MTU lost it to GVSU 24-7 on 11-06-04.
    GVSU lost it to UND 19-15 on 11-27-04.
    UND lost it to Pittsburg State 31-19 on 12-04-04.
    PSU lost it to VSU 36-31 on 12-11-04
    VSU lost it to Harding 16-13 on 9-17-05.
    Harding lost it to North Alabama 35-6 on 9-24-05.
    UNA lost it to Central Arkansas 29-26 on 10-1-05.
    UCA lost it to UNA 41-38 on 12-01-05.
    UNA lost it to NWMSU 25-24 on 12-08-05.
    NWMSU lost it to GVSU 21-17 on 12-15-05.
    GVSU lost it to NWMSU 34-16 on 12-8-07.
    NWMSU lost it to VSU 25-20 on 12-15-07.
    VSU lost it to DSU 27-24 on 10-02-08.
    DSU lost it to UNA 55-34 on 11-29-08.
    UNA lost it to NWMSU 41-7 on 12-06-08.
    NWMSU lost it to Minnesota-Duluth 21-14 on 12-13-08.
    UMD lost it to Central Washington 13-10 on 09-03-09.
    CWU lost it to NWMSU 21-20 on 11-28-09.
    NWMSU lost it to TAMUK 16-7 on 09-02-10.
    TAMUK lost it to Abilene Christian 31-24 on 10-02-10.
    ACU lost it to Central Missouri 55-41 on 11-27-10.
    CMU lost it to NWMSU 37-20 on 12-04-10.
    NWMSU lost it to Minnesota-Duluth 17-13 on 12-11-10.
    UMD lost it to Wayne State College 7-0 on 9-17-11
    WSC lost it to Concordia-St. Paul 27-24 on 10-15-11.
    CSP lost it to Winona State 58-24 on 10-22-11.

    Winona fails to make the 2011 playoffs.
    Interim Title of the Man goes to Pittsburg State for winning the National Championship game that year.

    WSU lost it to UMD 38-16 on 09-08-12.
    UMD lost it to St. Cloud State 51-49 on 09-29-12.
    SCSU lost it to Northern State 28-27 on 10-20-2012.
    Northern State lost it to UMD 49-31 on 11-10-2012.
    UMD lost it do Missouri Western State 57-55 on 11-17-2012.
    MWSU lost it to Minnesota-State Mankato 17-10 on 12-01-2012.
    Mankato lost it to Valdosta State University 35-19 on 12-08-2012.
    VSU lost it to West Alabama 49-30 on 10-10-2013.
    UWA lost it to Midwestern State 45-21 on 10-19-2013.
    MSU lost it to Eastern New Mexico 40-21 on 11-09-2013.

    Eastern New Mexico fails to make the playoffs.
    Interim Title of the Man goes to Northwest Missouri State

    ENMU lost it to Midwestern State 42-17 on 09-20-14.
    MSU lost it to Angelo State 45-31 on 10-04-14.
    ASU lost it to Texas A&M-Commerce 41-40 on 10-11-14.
    TA&M-C lost it to Midwestern State 40-37 on 10-25-14.
    MSU lost it to Angelo State 41-36 on 11-08-14.
    ASU lost it to Colorado State – Pueblo 52-14 on 11-29-14.
    Pueblo lost it to West Texas A&M 31-31 on 09-12-15.
    WTA&M lost it to Angelo State 35-17 on 09-26-15.
    ASU lost it to Midwestern State 29-20 on 10-03-15.
    MSU lost it to Texas A&M-Commerce 27-14 on 10-03-15.
    Commerce lost it to Midwestern State 37-33 on 11-14-15.
    MSU lost it to Colorado State-Pueblo 26-17 on 11-28-15.
    Pueblo lost it to Grand Valley State 31-7 on 12-05-15.
    GVSU lost it to Shepherd University 34-32 on 12-12-15.
    Shepherd lost it to Northwest Missouri State 34-7 on 12-19-15.

    NWMSU did not lose another game until 10/28/17.

    NWMSU lost it to Pittsburg State University 20-10 on 10/28/17.
    PSU failed to make the 2017 playoffs.
    PSU lost it to NWMSU 31-7 on 10-06-18.
    NWMSU lost it to Fort Hays State 17-16 on 11-03-18.
    FHSU lost it to Indianapolis University 38-27 on 11-17-18.
    Indy lost it to Ouachita Baptist 35-7 on 11-24-18.
    OBU lost it to Ferris State University 14-37 on 12-1-18.
    FSU lost it to Valdosta State University 47-49 on 12-15-18, during the 2018 Championship Game.

    The Interim Title of The Man for 1975.

    Northern Michigan University claimed it against Western Kentucky 16-14 on 12-13-75.
    NMU lost it to Grand Valley State 31-14 on 11-13-76.
    GVSU lost it to Michigan Tech 10-6 on 09-17-77.
    MTU lost it to Moorhead State 24-0 on 10-08-77.
    Moorhead lost it to St. Cloud State 42-18 on 10-15-77.
    SCSU lost it to Northern Iowa 27-14 on 11-12-77.
    NIU lost it to Youngstown State 31-14 on 09-09-78.
    YSU lost it to Eastern Illinois 26-22 on 12-08-78.
    EIU lost it to Western Illinois 10-7 on 10-06-79.
    WIU lost it to Northern Iowa 38-25 on 10-13-79.
    NIU lost it to South Dakota State 14-7 on 10-20-79.
    SDSU lost it to North Dakota State 38-14 on 10-27-79.
    NDSU lost it to Northern Michigan 10-0 on 09-06-80.
    Northern Michigan beat Delaware to 22-7 on 10-18-80 to unify the titles.


    The Interim Title of the Man for 91 thru 96.
    PSU won the title 23-6 against Jacksonville State.
    PSU lost it to JSU 17-13 on 12-12-92
    Jacksonville St. did not lose to another D2 school until 96.
    JSU lost it to WGU 30-10 on 09-07-96
    WGU lost it to Henderson St. 20-13 on 9-28-96
    HSU lost it to DSU 24-0 on 10-05-96
    DSU lost it to UNA 27-17 on 10-19-96
    UNA lost it to CAU 21-20 on 11-02-96
    CAU lost it to VSU 63-30 on 11-09-96
    VSU lost it to WGU 42-21 on 11-16-96
    WGU lost it to Carson-Newman 41-19 on 11-23-96
    CN beat VSU 24-19 on 11-30-96 to Unify the titles.

    Interim Title of The Man for 98
    Northern Colorado lost it to Nebraska-Omaha 15-3 on 10-24-98
    Nebraska-Omaha lost it to Northwest Missouri 28-14 on 11-21-98
    NWMSU was the current holder of The Man title, so that game unified the title.

    Interim Title of The Man for 2012
    Pittsburg State University claimed it against Wayne State University 35 - 21 on 12-17-2011
    PSU lost it to NWMSU 31-21 on 10-13-2012
    NWMSU lost it to Missouri Western State 21-21 on 11-10-2012.
    MWSU was the current holder of The Man Title, so that was a unification game.

    Interim Title of the The Man for 2014
    NWMSU claimed it against Lenoir-Rhyne 43-28 on 12-21-2013.
    NWMSU lost it to Pittsburg State 35-17 on 14.
    PSU lost it to Minnesota State-Mankato 24-21 on 14.
    Mankato lost it to Colorado State-Pueblo 13-0 on 14.
    Pueblo was the current holder of The Man Title, so an unification game was played at the Championship.


    Texas A&M-Commerce beats West Florida 37-27 on 12-16-17 to claim the interim The Man title Belt for 2017.
    Texas A&M-Commerce lost it to CSU-Pueblo 23-13 on 09-22-18.
    Pueblo lost it to Minnesota State Mankato 24-10 on 11-24-18.
    Mankato lost it to Ferris State University 25-42 on 12-08-18.
    FSU was the current holder of The Man Title, so that game was an unification game.


    Valdosta State University now currently holds the title of "The Man" now.

    I'm pretty sure I had all of the dates from 1980 to present all filled out, I used this website here.... http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/ncaa_ii.htm and I pretty much used that site from there on to determine "The Man". It does get harder to figure out when teams moved up back then, but usually poking thru their older media guides will give you the dates you need, and you also might fight the info to confirm what division a school was when it played somebody who may have been a holder of the title belt then. If anybody can fill in those missing dates or track it back from an earlier champion, it would be a big help as well. In theory here, all NC winners were the Man, even if it was just an interim title.

    I think I've stumbled across another website that will make it much easier to track it down all the way to the original "The Man" Louisiana Tech in 1973.
    http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data...conf_index.php
    Updated this current list, kinda put it off so that I wouldn't have to type out that Ferris State is the current holder of "The Man". Thank you Blazers!!

    Noticed a slight goof in some of the dates on the Interim Man Title belt we had in 2014. Does someone want to look up those dates for me??

  13. #193

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Updated this current list, kinda put it off so that I wouldn't have to type out that Ferris State is the current holder of "The Man". Thank you Blazers!!

    Noticed a slight goof in some of the dates on the Interim Man Title belt we had in 2014. Does someone want to look up those dates for me??
    CSUP vs Mankato was December 20th
    Pitt vs Mankato was November 29th
    NWMSU vs Pitt was October 18th

    One other minor error I saw the September 12th 2015 CSUP vs West Texas game is listed as a 31-31 game, 31-30 is the correct score
    Last edited by twolfbenchwarmer; 12-26-2018 at 10:48 AM.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    33,780
    Rep Power
    355784

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post
    CSUP vs Mankato was December 20th
    Pitt vs Mankato was November 29th
    NWMSU vs Pitt was October 18th

    One other minor error I saw the September 12th 2015 CSUP vs West Texas game is listed as a 31-31 game, 31-30 is the correct score
    Thanks for catching that.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Valley of the Buffalo
    Posts
    1,197
    Rep Power
    30395

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Louisiana Tech beats Western Kentucky 34-0 in the first NCAA Division 2 Championship Game to become the first Man on 12-15-1973.

    LTU lost it to Central Michigan 35-14 on 12-07-74.
    CMU goes D1 in 1975, but lost it to Northern Michigan 17-16 on 09-20-75.
    NMU lost it to Akron 30-13 on 10-11-75.
    Akron lost it to Eastern Kentucky 17-9 on 11-22-75.

    EKU doesn’t make the 1975 playoffs. The first interim belt goes to Northern Michigan for winning the 1975 championship.

    EKU lost it to Delaware 37-21 on 09-11-76.
    Delaware lost it to Northern Michigan 28-17 on 11-27-76.
    NMU lost it to Akron 29-26 on 12-04-76.
    Akron lost it to Montana State 24-13 on 12-11-76.
    MSU lost it to Boise State 26-0 on 10-01-77.
    BSU lost it to Nevada 28-10 on 10-15-77.
    Nevada lost it to Cal-Davis 37-21 on 11-12-77.
    Cal-Davis lost it to Lehigh 39-30 on 12-03-77.

    Lehigh left D2 in 1978. Their next D2 loss was to Delaware in 1979.
    Lehigh lost it to Delaware 21-14 on 10-06-79.
    Eastern Illinois wins the 1978 championship, and claims an interim belt in the process.
    Delaware left D2 in 1980. Next D2 loss was to Northern Michigan in 1980.

    Delaware lost it to Northern Michigan 22-7 on 10-18-80.
    NMU lost it to Eastern Illinois 35-28 on 11-01-80.
    EIU lost it to Cal Poly-SLO 21-13 on 12-13-80.
    Cal Poly-SLO lost to Cal Poly-Pomona 35-21 on 09-26-81.
    Cal Poly-Pomona lost to Cal-Davis 19-7 on 10-03-81.
    Cal-Davis lost to Humboldt State 20-18 on 10-10-81.
    HSU lost to Chico State 26-7 on 10-31-81.
    Chico State lost to Cal-Davis 38-9 on 11-07-81.

    Cal-Davis failed to make the playoffs in 1981. Texas State, then Southwest Texas won the Championship in 1981 and thus claiming an Interim The Man belt. Cal-Davis and Texas State both went on to win all their games in 1982, until the championship game, where the belts where unified.

    Cal-Davis lost to Texas State, 34-9 on 12-11-82.
    Texas State lost to Stephen F. Austin 27-24 on 10-22-83
    SFA lost to ACU 24-10 10-29-83
    ACU lost to Texas State 54-13 11-12-83
    Texas State lost to Central State 24-16 11-26-83
    Central State lost to North Dakota State 41-21 12-10-83
    NDSU lost it to MSU-Mankato 28-21 on 09-15-84
    MSU-Mankato lost it to Northern Colorado 24-22 on 09-22-84
    UNC lost it to North Dakota 33-7 on 09-29-84
    UND lost it to Nebraska-Omaha 28-3 on 10-20-84
    UNO lost it to North Dakota State 25-14 on 12-01-84
    NDSU lost it to Troy 18-17 on 12-08-84
    Troy lost it to Mississippi College 45-21 on 10-19-85
    MC lost it to West Georgia 30-28 on 11-02-85
    WGU lost it to Delta State 25-20 on 11-09-85
    DSU lost it to Valdosta State 39-20 on 11-16-85
    VSU lost it to North Alabama 45-0 on 11-23-85
    UNA lost it to NDSU 35-7 on 12-14-85
    NDSU lost it to Northern Michigan 10-6 on 09-12-87
    NMU lost it to Portland State 13-7 on 12-05-87
    Portland lost it to Troy 31-17 on 12-12-87
    Troy lost it to Central Florida 26-18 on 09-17-88
    CFU lost it to New Haven 31-23 on 10-08-88
    New Haven lost it to American International 51-21 on 10-15-88
    AIC lost it to Bowie State 16-13 on 10-22-88
    Bowie State lost it to Winston-Salem 16-14 on 11-05-88
    Winston-Salem lost it to North Carolina Central 31-16 on 11-20-88
    NC Central lost it to Sacramento State 56-7 on 11-27-88
    Sac St lost it to NDSU 42-20 on 12-03-88
    NDSU lost it to St. Cloud State 20-13 on 10-21-89
    SCSU lost it to Mississippi College 55-24 on 11-18-89
    MC lost it to IUP 27-8 on 12-03-90
    IUP lost it to NDSU 51-11 on 12-10-90
    NDSU lost it to GVSU 21-17 on 9/14/91
    GVSU lost it to Butler 33-0 on 9/21/91
    Butler lost it to Ferris State 7-6 on 10/19/91
    Ferris State lost it to St Joseph's (IN) 16-10 on 11/9/91

    St. Joseph's did not make the playoffs in 1991. Interim title of the Man goes to Pittsburg State for winning the NC in 1991.

    St. Joseph's lost it to Grand Valley State 28-18 on 09-05-92
    GVSU lost it to Indiana University (PA) 45-27 on 09-12-92

    IUP did not lose to another D2 that year but missed the playoffs. Jacksonville State will claim PSU's Interim title from 91 in 92. Jacksonville leaves D2 that year with the interim belt.

    IUP lost it to North Alabama 41-34 on 12-11-93
    UNA did not lose to another D2 school until 1996.

    UNA lost it to Albany State 17-10 on 08-31-96
    Albany St lost it to Miles 29-24 on 09-07-96
    Miles lost it to Tuskegee 37-36 on 09-21-96
    Tuskegee lost it to Albany State 38-14 on 09-28-96
    Albany St lost it to Valdosta State 38-28 on 11-23-96
    VSU lost it to Carson-Newman 24-19 on 11-30-96
    C-N lost it to Northern Colorado on 12-14-96
    Northern Colorado lost it to Western State 14-13 on 9-13-97
    Western State lost it to Fort Hays State 28-15 on 10-18-97
    Fort Hays State lost it to New Mexico Highlands 35-28 on 10-25-97
    NMH lost it to Nebraska-Kearney 49-48 on 11-08-97

    UNK did not make the playoffs in 97. Interim Title of The Man goes to Northern Colorado for winning the NC that year.

    UNK lost it to Missouri Western 26-23 on 9-5-98
    MWSU lost it to Truman St. 41-15 on 9-19-98
    Truman lost it to Central Missouri 10-7 on 9-26-98
    CMSU lost it to Pittsburg St. 32-14 on 10-15-98
    PSU lost it to Northwest Missouri 23-18 on 10-24-08
    NWMSU lost to Nebraska-Omaha 40-17 on 9-4-99.
    UNO lost to Northern Colorado 43-39 on 10-4-99.
    UNC lost to North Dakota 24-16 on 10-16-99.
    UND lost to South Dakota State 21-7 on 10-23-99.
    SDSU lost to UNO 40-34 on 10-30-99.
    UNO lost it to Augustana 31-24 on 11-6-99.
    Augustana lost it to UNC 48-32 on 11-13-99.
    UNC lost it to NWMSU 41-35 on 11-27-99.
    NWMSU lost it to North Dakota State 34-17 on 11-18-00.
    NDSU lost it to Delta State 34-16 on 12-2-00.
    DSU lost it to Valdosta State 70-12 on 10-6-01.
    VSU lost it to Catawba 37-34 on 11-24-01.
    Catawba lost it to Grand Valley State 34-16 on 12-1-01.
    GVSU lost it to UND 17-14 on 12-8-01.
    UND lost it to Central Washington 43-7 on 9-7-02.
    CWU lost it to UC Davis 24-6 on 11-23-02
    UC Davis lost it to Texas A&M-Kingsville 27-20 on 11-30-02
    TAMUK lost it to VSU 21-12 on 12-7-02.
    VSU lost it to GVSU 31-24 on 12-14-02.
    GVSU lost it to Saginaw Valley State 34-16 on 10-18-03.
    SVSU lost it to GVSU 10-3 on 11-29-03.
    GVSU lost it to SVSU 31-20 on 10-16-04.
    SVSU lost it to Michigan Tech 38-18 on 10-30-04.
    MTU lost it to GVSU 24-7 on 11-06-04.
    GVSU lost it to UND 19-15 on 11-27-04.
    UND lost it to Pittsburg State 31-19 on 12-04-04.
    PSU lost it to VSU 36-31 on 12-11-04
    VSU lost it to Harding 16-13 on 9-17-05.
    Harding lost it to North Alabama 35-6 on 9-24-05.
    UNA lost it to Central Arkansas 29-26 on 10-1-05.
    UCA lost it to UNA 41-38 on 12-01-05.
    UNA lost it to NWMSU 25-24 on 12-08-05.
    NWMSU lost it to GVSU 21-17 on 12-15-05.
    GVSU lost it to NWMSU 34-16 on 12-8-07.
    NWMSU lost it to VSU 25-20 on 12-15-07.
    VSU lost it to DSU 27-24 on 10-02-08.
    DSU lost it to UNA 55-34 on 11-29-08.
    UNA lost it to NWMSU 41-7 on 12-06-08.
    NWMSU lost it to Minnesota-Duluth 21-14 on 12-13-08.
    UMD lost it to Central Washington 13-10 on 09-03-09.
    CWU lost it to NWMSU 21-20 on 11-28-09.
    NWMSU lost it to TAMUK 16-7 on 09-02-10.
    TAMUK lost it to Abilene Christian 31-24 on 10-02-10.
    ACU lost it to Central Missouri 55-41 on 11-27-10.
    CMU lost it to NWMSU 37-20 on 12-04-10.
    NWMSU lost it to Minnesota-Duluth 17-13 on 12-11-10.
    UMD lost it to Wayne State College 7-0 on 9-17-11
    WSC lost it to Concordia-St. Paul 27-24 on 10-15-11.
    CSP lost it to Winona State 58-24 on 10-22-11.

    Winona fails to make the 2011 playoffs.
    Interim Title of the Man goes to Pittsburg State for winning the National Championship game that year.

    WSU lost it to UMD 38-16 on 09-08-12.
    UMD lost it to St. Cloud State 51-49 on 09-29-12.
    SCSU lost it to Northern State 28-27 on 10-20-2012.
    Northern State lost it to UMD 49-31 on 11-10-2012.
    UMD lost it do Missouri Western State 57-55 on 11-17-2012.
    MWSU lost it to Minnesota-State Mankato 17-10 on 12-01-2012.
    Mankato lost it to Valdosta State University 35-19 on 12-08-2012.
    VSU lost it to West Alabama 49-30 on 10-10-2013.
    UWA lost it to Midwestern State 45-21 on 10-19-2013.
    MSU lost it to Eastern New Mexico 40-21 on 11-09-2013.

    Eastern New Mexico fails to make the playoffs.
    Interim Title of the Man goes to Northwest Missouri State

    ENMU lost it to Midwestern State 42-17 on 09-20-14.
    MSU lost it to Angelo State 45-31 on 10-04-14.
    ASU lost it to Texas A&M-Commerce 41-40 on 10-11-14.
    TA&M-C lost it to Midwestern State 40-37 on 10-25-14.
    MSU lost it to Angelo State 41-36 on 11-08-14.
    ASU lost it to Colorado State – Pueblo 52-14 on 11-29-14.
    Pueblo lost it to West Texas A&M 31-30 on 09-12-15.
    WTA&M lost it to Angelo State 35-17 on 09-26-15.
    ASU lost it to Midwestern State 29-20 on 10-03-15.
    MSU lost it to Texas A&M-Commerce 27-14 on 10-03-15.
    Commerce lost it to Midwestern State 37-33 on 11-14-15.
    MSU lost it to Colorado State-Pueblo 26-17 on 11-28-15.
    Pueblo lost it to Grand Valley State 31-7 on 12-05-15.
    GVSU lost it to Shepherd University 34-32 on 12-12-15.
    Shepherd lost it to Northwest Missouri State 34-7 on 12-19-15.

    NWMSU did not lose another game until 10/28/17.

    NWMSU lost it to Pittsburg State University 20-10 on 10/28/17.
    PSU failed to make the 2017 playoffs.
    PSU lost it to NWMSU 31-7 on 10-06-18.
    NWMSU lost it to Fort Hays State 17-16 on 11-03-18.
    FHSU lost it to Indianapolis University 38-27 on 11-17-18.
    Indy lost it to Ouachita Baptist 35-7 on 11-24-18.
    OBU lost it to Ferris State University 14-37 on 12-1-18.
    FSU lost it to Valdosta State University 47-49 on 12-15-18, during the 2018 Championship Game.

    The Interim Title of The Man for 1975.

    Northern Michigan University claimed it against Western Kentucky 16-14 on 12-13-75.
    NMU lost it to Grand Valley State 31-14 on 11-13-76.
    GVSU lost it to Michigan Tech 10-6 on 09-17-77.
    MTU lost it to Moorhead State 24-0 on 10-08-77.
    Moorhead lost it to St. Cloud State 42-18 on 10-15-77.
    SCSU lost it to Northern Iowa 27-14 on 11-12-77.
    NIU lost it to Youngstown State 31-14 on 09-09-78.
    YSU lost it to Eastern Illinois 26-22 on 12-08-78.
    EIU lost it to Western Illinois 10-7 on 10-06-79.
    WIU lost it to Northern Iowa 38-25 on 10-13-79.
    NIU lost it to South Dakota State 14-7 on 10-20-79.
    SDSU lost it to North Dakota State 38-14 on 10-27-79.
    NDSU lost it to Northern Michigan 10-0 on 09-06-80.
    Northern Michigan beat Delaware to 22-7 on 10-18-80 to unify the titles.


    The Interim Title of the Man for 91 thru 96.
    PSU won the title 23-6 against Jacksonville State.
    PSU lost it to JSU 17-13 on 12-12-92
    Jacksonville St. did not lose to another D2 school until 96.
    JSU lost it to WGU 30-10 on 09-07-96
    WGU lost it to Henderson St. 20-13 on 9-28-96
    HSU lost it to DSU 24-0 on 10-05-96
    DSU lost it to UNA 27-17 on 10-19-96
    UNA lost it to CAU 21-20 on 11-02-96
    CAU lost it to VSU 63-30 on 11-09-96
    VSU lost it to WGU 42-21 on 11-16-96
    WGU lost it to Carson-Newman 41-19 on 11-23-96
    CN beat VSU 24-19 on 11-30-96 to Unify the titles.

    Interim Title of The Man for 98
    Northern Colorado lost it to Nebraska-Omaha 15-3 on 10-24-98
    Nebraska-Omaha lost it to Northwest Missouri 28-14 on 11-21-98
    NWMSU was the current holder of The Man title, so that game unified the title.

    Interim Title of The Man for 2012
    Pittsburg State University claimed it against Wayne State University 35 - 21 on 12-17-2011
    PSU lost it to NWMSU 31-21 on 10-13-2012
    NWMSU lost it to Missouri Western State 21-21 on 11-10-2012.
    MWSU was the current holder of The Man Title, so that was a unification game.

    Interim Title of the The Man for 2014
    NWMSU claimed it against Lenoir-Rhyne 43-28 on 12-21-2013.
    NWMSU lost it to Pittsburg State 35-17 on 10-18-14.
    PSU lost it to Minnesota State-Mankato 24-21 on 11-29-14.
    Mankato lost it to Colorado State-Pueblo 13-0 on 12-20-14.
    Pueblo was the current holder of The Man Title, so an unification game was played at the Championship.


    Texas A&M-Commerce beats West Florida 37-27 on 12-16-17 to claim the interim The Man title Belt for 2017.
    Texas A&M-Commerce lost it to CSU-Pueblo 23-13 on 09-22-18.
    Pueblo lost it to Minnesota State Mankato 24-10 on 11-24-18.
    Mankato lost it to Ferris State University 25-42 on 12-08-18.
    FSU was the current holder of The Man Title, so that game was an unification game.


    Valdosta State University now currently holds the title of "The Man" now.

    I'm pretty sure I had all of the dates from 1980 to present all filled out, I used this website here.... http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/ncaa_ii.htm and I pretty much used that site from there on to determine "The Man". It does get harder to figure out when teams moved up back then, but usually poking thru their older media guides will give you the dates you need, and you also might fight the info to confirm what division a school was when it played somebody who may have been a holder of the title belt then. If anybody can fill in those missing dates or track it back from an earlier champion, it would be a big help as well. In theory here, all NC winners were the Man, even if it was just an interim title.

    I think I've stumbled across another website that will make it much easier to track it down all the way to the original "The Man" Louisiana Tech in 1973.
    http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data...conf_index.php
    This makes GWB head hurt - where's the Firewater?!?
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

  16. #196
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Valdosta, GA.
    Posts
    37,905
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    This makes GWB head hurt - where's the Firewater?!?
    Monster certainly has been dedicated to keeping this going!!

    #BlazerNation

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    33,780
    Rep Power
    355784

    Default Re: The Man.

    I keep promising myself that I'm going to go through the whole list sometime and format it so that the Brandon could put it into a web page as well for the website. Maybe if he reminds me of that sometime in the future it will happen.

  18. #198
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector
    Posts
    45,956
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Maybe if he reminds me of that sometime in the future it will happen.

  19. #199
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    90 miles outside Wildcat Country
    Posts
    18,882
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: The Man.

    Bumpity bump. In the Gonzaga game last Saturday they mentioned how someone in the game had met Rick Flair, the namesake of this thread. Wooooooo!!!!!

  20. #200
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    33,780
    Rep Power
    355784

    Default Re: The Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
    Bumpity bump. In the Gonzaga game last Saturday they mentioned how someone in the game had met Rick Flair, the namesake of this thread. Wooooooo!!!!!
    Wooooooo!!!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •