Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Default The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

As much as it pains me to finally give in and start a new thread for the Augustana Vikings, there's news to be posted and the old thread doesn't seem to be making a triumphant return as of now.

If the old threads do return, maybe a moderator can combine this one with the old one. Or maybe that's impossible.

Either way, for those interested, it looks like the Augie men's basketball team will be honored for their National Championship at the homecoming game this weekend:

http://www.goaugie.com/news/2016/10/...-saturday.aspx

All of the National Championship players will be there (except Danimal, who is playing overseas in Belgium). Also mentions that new players will be introduced.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Default Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

I wonder where all of those missing posts went. I'm not going to point fingers, but I did see simple at Wal-Mart with a cart full of bleach.

3. Default Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

I was just waiting for colt 45 to come down from the mountains and wilderness to bestow us with a new one, sort of like Moses.

Quote Originally Posted by Augie Skyhook View Post
    I was just waiting for colt 45 to come down from the mountains and wilderness to bestow us with a new one, sort of like Moses.
    Haha. Funny you say that, since that's the exact reason I waited as long as I did.

At Saturdays homecoming football game the NATIONAL CHAMPION AUGUSTANA VIKING basketball squad were bestowed their NC rings to a thunderous applause. National player of the year Dan Jansen was not present as he was across the pond in Europe I theorize. Brought a smile to my face and euphoria seeing the squad.

Came across this tweet from Jay Wright (coach of last year's D1 National Champion, Villanova) and thought it was kind of cool:

Any idea as to why there were at the Cuyahoga HTS 60th Reunion?

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    Great question. Board says 50th reunion, but I agree with Lakers math.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Great question. Board says 50th reunion, but I agree with Lakers math.
    Darn unripe cataracts! The Cuyahoga River must be on fire again!

Looking through Coach Billeter's tweets, he has the same photo posted a few days before Jay Wright's, mentioning something about a Nike Clinic. Maybe that's the site where the clinic was held?

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Looking through Coach Billeter's tweets, he has the same photo posted a few days before Jay Wright's, mentioning something about a Nike Clinic. Maybe that's the site where the clinic was held?
    I think that you hit it right on the head. Back in my coaching days I remember seeing a list of Nike basketball clinics and seeing one at Cuyahoga. I wondered why even then.

The Augustana All-Access show on Midco had a short segment featuring the men's bball team getting its National Championship rings at the homecoming football game last Saturday. The basketball segment starts at the 16:45 mark for anyone interested. Also talks a little bit about the upcoming season for the Vikes.

Hearing good things out of fall camp from my sources close to the situation. Kerkman could surprise some people. Tall and long, he could get early PT and I just got really excited about the upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest69 View Post
    Hearing good things out of fall camp from my sources close to the situation. Kerkman could surprise some people. Tall and long, he could get early PT and I just got really excited about the upcoming season.
    That's good news for sure. Last I'd heard, he had only recently started working out after recovering from the broken foot he's had pretty much all through the preseason. I like your report on Kerkman a little more than the reports I'd been hearing.

Came across this tweet on the Augie men's bball Twitter account and thought it was kind of cool. Congrats to Dan. Seems things are off to a good start for him over in Belgium.

Looks like I got double posted. Go ahead and disregard this one. Or all of them, if you're simple as a $3 bill.
    Last edited by MrAugustana; 10-25-2016 at 10:40 AM.

A recent Prep Hoops Dakotas article about SD's top shooters lists 2017 Augie commit Matt Cartwright as the #1 shooter in the state:

Matt Cartwright – SF O’Gorman (SR.)- The Augie commit continued to impress all summer hitting shots from everywhere on the floor. Cartwright’s length helps him to hit shots over smaller defenders and his quick release leaves bigger defenders at a disadvantage. Cartwright is poised for another big season with the Knights.
    And fellow 2017 commit Tayton Vincent as another (#5):

Tayton Vincent – Sioux Valley (SR.)- Showed how comfortable he was all summer long. Vincent has a quick first step past defenders followed by a smooth pull up jumper. Sioux Valley has a load of talent and Vincent should be able to get even more looks with wing Trevor Olson and big Trevor Hanson commanding defenses attention.
    As much as simple doesn't care about South Dakota kids, I'm looking forward to seeing what these two do this season during their senior years as well as what they're able to do once they get into Augie jerseys.

(Ugh. simple references in two consecutive posts...now I'm afraid he's going to pull a John and assume that means I'm obsessed with him or something.)
    Last edited by MrAugustana; 10-25-2016 at 10:43 AM.

18. Default Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

A recent Prep Hoops Dakotas article about SD's top shooters lists 2017 Augie commit Matt Cartwright as the #1 shooter in the state:

And fellow 2017 commit Tayton Vincent as another (#5):

As much as simple doesn't care about South Dakota kids, I'm looking forward to seeing what these two do this season during their senior years as well as what they're able to do once they get into Augie jerseys.

(Ugh. simple references in two consecutive posts...now I'm afraid he's going to pull a John and assume that means I'm obsessed with him or something.)
    Oh boy, the numbers 1 and 5 shooters in South Dakota. That and a $5 bill will get you...........20 quarters. Good luck with all that.

Ha, I already knew you are obsessed with me.

Came across this tweet on the Augie men's bball Twitter account and thought it was kind of cool. Congrats to Dan. Seems things are off to a good start for him over in Belgium.

Two assists!!! But how many pairs of shoes did he wear in that game?

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Oh boy, the numbers 1 and 5 shooters in South Dakota. That and a $5 bill will get you...........20 quarters. Good luck with all that.

Ha, I already knew you are obsessed with me.
    While we may not be the preseason #10 SCSU Huskies, I do have confidence in the Augie coaching staff's ability to find and cultivate good talent. Should be fun to see if Cartwright in particular proves you wrong over the next few years. I don't think Vincent is expected to be a knockdown shooter, so if that aspect of his game happens to be solid during his career as a Viking, it's probably just a bonus.

Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast