Page 167 of 173 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 3452

Thread: Iup basketball

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Iup basketball

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    West Chester isn't an easy Round 1
    I agree BUT I'd rather play them than ESU which I'm gathering was the other option. I'm sure ESU got the 7 b/c they won the EAST. Beat WCU then beat Hurst or FSU like this past weekend. I think they will be fine as long as they take it one game at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    I agree BUT I'd rather play them than ESU which I'm gathering was the other option. I'm sure ESU got the 7 b/c they won the EAST. Beat WCU then beat Hurst or FSU like this past weekend. I think they will be fine as long as they take it one game at a time.

I agree with this. I think East Stroudsburg can beat West Liberty. That’s not a knock on West Lib either. I think ESU has a good team. They just can’t play too out of control. If they do then WL should win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    I agree as well, but was hoping for Fairmont in the first game. ESU will be a tough out in this tournament, especially since Ryan Smith has matured over the year, he will be a beast in a couple years.

When will game times be announced?

5. Default Re: Iup basketball

Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    When will game times be announced?

I’d imagine sometime today. The schedule for day one usually goes

3 vs 6
    2 vs 7
    1 vs 8
    4 vs 5

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    I’d imagine sometime today. The schedule for day one usually goes

3 vs 6
    2 vs 7
    1 vs 8
    4 vs 5
    The first game will tip at noon. There will be a break between the afternoon and evening session.

Is that order dictated or does the host choose it?

7. Default Re: Iup basketball

The first game will tip at noon. There will be a break between the afternoon and evening session.

Is that order dictated or does the host choose it?
    Not sure but I can’t really remember it not being that way since the regional went to 8 teams so I’m guessing it’s dictated to keep the host team from being on the court until 11 pm. But maybe other regions are different, I can’t say for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Not sure but I can’t really remember it not being that way since the regional went to 8 teams so I’m guessing it’s dictated to keep the host team from being on the court until 11 pm. But maybe other regions are different, I can’t say for certain.

Anybody going to try and go the distance on Saturday? I 'think' I could do it. That said, Mrs. bigIndian may object.

9. Default Re: Iup basketball

Anybody going to try and go the distance on Saturday? I 'think' I could do it. That said, Mrs. bigIndian may object.
    Same here. If I were single I’d do it in a heartbeat. But if I’m going to leave the wife all alone to deal with a 2 year old all day, watching basketball won’t cut it as a reason, unfortunately.

I think we are all in the same boat. hahahaha Mine would probably do the whole thing with me but she works a half day Saturday then I think we'll make the trip.

Here's a stat from yesterday that likely still has Joe smiling this morning:

Mercyhurst was held to 29.3% from the field yesterday and 1-17 from deep.

They made Mercyhurst fight for every point they got yesterday. Armoni and Malik had excellent defensive games.

I’ll be there for all 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    No, its the beat a team 3 times thing. But the other concern is that WCU plays so physical that IUP is tired for the second game - like yesterday's mercyhurst game, or even worse someone gets banged up. Do we have PSAC refs or others ?

On the other hand, IUP is 5-1 against the teams in its bracket, and 7 - 1 against the Atlantic region field.
    Based on some data compiled from D1 basketball over a 10 year period, it showed that a team that had beat another team twice actually won the third matchup about 72% of the time.

Here’s the link

http://coachbobwalsh.com/2018/03/02/...m-three-times/

I saw that. But keep in mind the team that won the two previous is picked to win the third game nearly 100% of the time so how does a 1 in 3 chance of an upset compare to the number of upsets in the first meeting? IUP should win but the style of play makes it a tough opener I think

I’ll be making the trip in from Columbus. Even took Monday off to hang around for what will hopefully be a Sunday evening game.

I’m excited. I haven’t been to the KCAC for a game in 2-3 years. That’s way too long for me. Tough to plan the winter with the weather and having a limited number of home Saturdays. In fact, the last game I made it to was the NCAA tournament win over Kutztown a few years ago.

Very excited to be getting back into the old stomping grounds.

I would love to “go the distance,” but I doubt I will. My dad is going to be coming with me. I have him interested enough, but he’s not a fan of IUP basketball. Just spending some quality time with his son in town for the weekend.

Would be difficult to convince him into a full day of D2 basketball lol.

I would love to “go the distance,” but I doubt I will. My dad is going to be coming with me. I have him interested enough, but he’s not a fan of IUP basketball. Just spending some quality time with his son in town for the weekend.

Would be difficult to convince him into a full day of D2 basketball lol.

Regionals this weekend and, sigh, IUPatty's the next.

Regionals this weekend and, sigh, IUPatty's the next.
    As much of a headache and nuisance that train wreck causes, you'd almost want the debauchery to be this weekend. Students would show up LIT AF. Like it or not, that was part of the reason that was such a rabid crowd for the PSAC Championship against Slippery Rock a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    I saw that. But keep in mind the team that won the two previous is picked to win the third game nearly 100% of the time so how does a 1 in 3 chance of an upset compare to the number of upsets in the first meeting? IUP should win but the style of play makes it a tough opener I think
    Sorry if I misinterpreted your original thoughts. I agree, it is not an easy opener and upsets are common at tourney time. Plus at this time of year you never know whose going be sick.
    Home crowds are a huge advantage though.

As much of a headache and nuisance that train wreck causes, you'd almost want the debauchery to be this weekend. Students would show up LIT AF. Like it or not, that was part of the reason that was such a rabid crowd for the PSAC Championship against Slippery Rock a few years ago.
    2013 PSAC title game on the Saturday night of the first IUPatty's...the crowd was LIT AF, as the youths say. Great crowd.
    Pete Sirianni. Digital Editor, New Castle News.

2016 IUP graduate. twitter.com/petersirianni.