Page 165 of 173 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 3452

Thread: Iup basketball

Default Re: Iup basketball

Pissed off Willem wrecks havoc

That rebounding concern may not be as dire as you think. West Chester was killer on the boards throughout the year, one of the top rebounding clubs in D-II (especially offensively). Bottom line, you blew their doors off when it counted.

3. Default Re: Iup basketball

Quote Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
    That rebounding concern may not be as dire as you think. West Chester was killer on the boards throughout the year, one of the top rebounding clubs in D-II (especially offensively). Bottom line, you blew their doors off when it counted.
    Yeah, one of the guys sitting around me was following the live stats and said at one point early it was 20-9 on the boards for WC, so IUP actually held their own after the initial onslaught. Rokins is a stud and Toro is just jacked and hard to move.

The way things are playing out, I wouldn’t be surprised if these teams met again in round 1 of the regional.

4. Default Re: Iup basketball

Disappointing crowd numbers wise, considering it was a playoff game, but fairly loud and engaged considering there was no student presence at all. I thought at least the cheerleaders usually stuck around during spring break if there were playoff games.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Disappointing crowd numbers wise, considering it was a playoff game, but fairly loud and engaged considering there was no student presence at all. I thought at least the cheerleaders usually stuck around during spring break if there were playoff games.
    Screw 'em. Didn't need 'em. Us townies did better anyway.

Yeah, one of the guys sitting around me was following the live stats and said at one point early it was 20-9 on the boards for WC, so IUP actually held their own after the initial onslaught. Rokins is a stud and Toro is just jacked and hard to move.

The way things are playing out, I wouldn’t be surprised if these teams met again in round 1 of the regional.
    Toro had the game of his life today. He's usually just a hack machine.

He did play well.

7. Default Re: Iup basketball

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Toro had the game of his life today. He's usually just a hack machine.

He did play well.
    I didn’t know much about him, but looking at his season stats I’d say game of his life is a good way of putting it. Just to look at him though, if you told me he always played like he did today I’d have no problem believing it.

Cobo was a concern today.

Cobo was a concern today.
    I thought he played well, despite not scoring. He didn’t force the issue on offense. He handled the ball well and was a calming presence when things got crazy. He does a lot of things for this team, obviously.

I expect Cobo to score in the mid double digits tomorrow. I’m encouraged by how well IUP played without him scoring much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ESU came out guns firing then they fell right in to the famous Mercyhurst trap.

Only request today: guard the big white kid when he comes in to the game.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-10-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Only request today: guard the big white kid when he comes in to the game.
    Pratapas was a non-factor yesterday.

I was thinking the same thing so I went back and looked at my ticket stubs from the PSAC championships I’ve attended.

2011 Memorial Fieldhouse Night Game vs SRU. I attended only the finals and this game was packed. Although maybe worst officiated championship game of all time with IUP scoring 49 of its 82 points at the foul line. IUP attempted 62 FTs. Very few possessions in this game without a foul being called. Tough to watch but IUP won

2013 at KCAC at night. I remember these games being well attended on both days. Once again SRU was in the field

2015 at Hammermill in the afternoon. I remember these games being sparsely attended. I only went to semis

2017 at KCAC in the afternoon. I only went to semis. I thought these games were pretty well attended. More than yesterday. Shippensburg brought some extra WPIAL fans in with Sleva, Kellum and Castello playing key roles on their roster.

So in this small sample it looks like night games and games including SRU have been the biggest attendance boost. The next factor might be kids that played in the WPIAL or other local districts.

So yesterday had 3 things going against it. Not a night game, no SRU and 3 of the teams had no contributors that played their ball locally.
    Last edited by IUPTrackMan; 03-10-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Here's the thing to me ...

Last Saturday night had 3,652 for Seton Hill -- and it was an AWFUL crowd. Yesterday had 1,500 and the place was cooking.

I will say I was shocked at the low turnout yesterday. The away teams brought next to nobody. I get WCU and ESU ... that's 5-6 hours each way. Joe even hinted at the turnout in the paper today.

I suspect today will be be a much bigger gate.

Figure spring break costs them 800 to 1,000.

It's dissapointing the cheerleaders didn't stay.

The sideline reports are painful to watch on the feed. Yikes.

First Half was a game of runs. Hurst led early 6-4 then IUP went on 5pt run to make it 11-6. Hurst scored next 6 to regain lead at 12-11. After the teams evened it at 13, IUP goes on 16-3 run to close out half at 29-16.

So far Maxwell is a non factor 0-4. Having Malik guarding him early took Maxwell out of the game.

IUP wants to pound it inside and have gone 6-8 from line. I don’t think they made a foul shot in the first half yesterday. Going 1-6 from three in first half probably means they shoot a high percentage in second half.

Joe has his dancing shoes on.

What a boring basketball game.

IUP with the basketball title sweep

As it should be.

Hail to the Indians!!! Go IUP!!!

Cobo's three from the 'I' in IUP on that play as the clock expired is an instant icon in IUP history. What a moment.