Page 83 of 109 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2177

Thread: USI Eagles

Contribute to D2

Default Re: USI Eagles

Lol! Your guarantee is guaranteed to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideMafia View Post
    It's not bitterness, it's reality...something that anyone within USI, that feels like Wodson is doing a good job, doesn't live in. I guarantee USI will win 22+ regular season games...then tank in the GLVC and NCAA tournaments.

gmac insurance conference done given up on hoops and wants to be considered a baseball conference

Lyle would probably be a fine player for any division II basketball team but he may not make them a regional winner. As an Ohio State fan I can tell you he was an absolute cancer on that team. I rarely dislike one of the best players on my teams but I actually liked it when he was off the court. During his time there he quit on defense repeatedly during games, he was a selfish and poor decision maker in the clutch, and had a bad attitude. I remember during last season in all the close games the Buckeyes lost I just knew Lyle would go one on one for the last shot or on another critical possession. It nearly always ended in a horrendous shot or him taking on three guys and losing the ball. Ohio State has no depth because of losing 7-8 players in the last two years to transfers or surprise NBA draft entries. However, a lot of Buckeye fans are still not sad to see him go, if that says anything. He has talent but with his attitude issues and now off the court issues he very well may find his way down to division II.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther Express View Post
    Lyle would probably be a fine player for any division II basketball team but he may not make them a regional winner. As an Ohio State fan I can tell you he was an absolute cancer on that team. I rarely dislike one of the best players on my teams but I actually liked it when he was off the court. During his time there he quit on defense repeatedly during games, he was a selfish and poor decision maker in the clutch, and had a bad attitude. I remember during last season in all the close games the Buckeyes lost I just knew Lyle would go one on one for the last shot or on another critical possession. It nearly always ended in a horrendous shot or him taking on three guys and losing the ball. Ohio State has no depth because of losing 7-8 players in the last two years to transfers or surprise NBA draft entries. However, a lot of Buckeye fans are still not sad to see him go, if that says anything. He has talent but with his attitude issues and now off the court issues he very well may find his way down to division II.
    I haven't seen him play enough to know but from everything I've heard I can see all that being true ... except that he's a DII player. He'll go overseas easily with his talent before going to play DII. I could even still see him transferring to another D-I.

Yeah right, we've heard it all before!

Quote Originally Posted by Redswin View Post
    Lol! Your guarantee is guaranteed to be wrong.

There was just a lot of chatter on here about him going to USI or KWC, probably just because of his hometown of Evansville. Because his arrest was something more minor and not sexual assault or something on that level then mid-major D-Is would most likely still risk taking him. I could see a Wright State or MAC level team in his future. The only caveat would be if he wanted to be closer to his sister with health issues. Even then, UE and SIU would still be in the mix.

There was just a lot of chatter on here about him going to USI or KWC, probably just because of his hometown of Evansville. Because his arrest was something more minor and not sexual assault or something on that level then mid-major D-Is would most likely still risk taking him. I could see a Wright State or MAC level team in his future. The only caveat would be if he wanted to be closer to his sister with health issues. Even then, UE and SIU would still be in the mix.
    JL to Austin Pee.

Lol! A player as good as Lyle is going to sit out a year to play for bottom feeding programs like Wright State, UE or SIU.

Sounds like a prototype Watson guy to me.

Only eagle 04 kmow the truth, watch for his commments.

He don't no nuffin

Quan

WoD got to find another non con game. His Herrin reunion special in the disgrace to joergans classic is adunda. Morthland going out of biz niss. I'm sure a bluefields or two will take their place.

Careful there as Hesser is burning through quite a few light bulbs in Drury land. Something isn't quite right with the water.

Quote Originally Posted by DUPanther View Post
    Sounds like a prototype Watson guy to me.

Careful there as Hesser is burning through quite a few light bulbs in Drury land. Something isn't quite right with the water.
    Need some that water in Evansville. Title contenders in MBB and WBB and a AD that isn't a lil bish.

The difference is Hesser is a proven winner, national champion, and national coach of the year while Watson is best known for beating two Bluefields in the same year.

Last time Hesser faced Watson in the NCAA's, he beat Rod's senior Ntumba-Trotter-Hogg led team with two 19 year old guards and a 6-3 lumberjack at forward.
    Last edited by DUPanther; 05-23-2017 at 09:27 PM.

The difference is Hesser is a proven winner, national champion, and national coach of the year while Watson is best known for beating two Bluefields in the same year.

Last time Hesser faced Watson in the NCAA's, he beat Rod's senior Ntumba-Trotter-Hogg led team with two 19 year old guards and a 6-3 lumberjack at forward.
    What you said is true. When KWC was playing in the GLVC, Drury was a thorn in our flesh on the road. Hesser is a proven coach, and he doesn't recruit quite like Davenport either. It seems to me that he recruits a style of player at each position that he knows will go to class and stay out of trouble with the type of skills he wants them to have. That's not easy to do in D2. However, with Drury's facilities it makes recruiting a little easier. I was jealous of Drury's gym when they first built it.

What really boggles my mind is how and why does a D2 program like Wayne State, with 21,000 students not do more in their athletic department. They have no business in D2 with 21,000 students. D3 has some huge schools, but they can't give out Athletic scholarships and the athletes that get academic scholarships have to actually go to class and study while keeping their GPA at a minimum point.

Hesser seemed to have a plan that was working but that plan has flatlined. If you are jealous of Drury's facilities I can't wait until you see the Taj Mahal being built in Evansville!

Quote Originally Posted by alumnifan View Post
    What you said is true. When KWC was playing in the GLVC, Drury was a thorn in our flesh on the road. Hesser is a proven coach, and he doesn't recruit quite like Davenport either. It seems to me that he recruits a style of player at each position that he knows will go to class and stay out of trouble with the type of skills he wants them to have. That's not easy to do in D2. However, with Drury's facilities it makes recruiting a little easier. I was jealous of Drury's gym when they first built it.

What really boggles my mind is how and why does a D2 program like Wayne State, with 21,000 students not do more in their athletic department. They have no business in D2 with 21,000 students. D3 has some huge schools, but they can't give out Athletic scholarships and the athletes that get academic scholarships have to actually go to class and study while keeping their GPA at a minimum point.

Hesser seemed to have a plan that was working but that plan has flatlined. If you are jealous of Drury's facilities I can't wait until you see the Taj Mahal being built in Evansville!
    We'll see ;)

BTW, does it bother you that in Hesser's "flatline" year he won as many NCAA games as Watson?

We'll see ;)

BTW, does it bother you that in Hesser's "flatline" year he won as many NCAA games as Watson?
    Wait until you see WoDs bio for the 17-18 season. It will include "not even John wooden or Dean smith have won more NCAA games the past five seasons".