Page 38 of 125 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: USI Eagles

Contribute to D2

Default Re: USI Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by schnautza View Post
    I will go out on a limb and predict a #10 Bellarmine, #14 Southern Indiana, #17 Saginaw Valley, #21 Quincy, #22 Drury, and #25 KWC in next week's NABC poll.
    Actual NABC results are #9 Bellarmine, #10 USI, #18 Saginaw, #24 Quincy with #26 Drury, #29 KWC, #33 Parkside, and #36 Findlay in the "also receiving votes" category. I thought for sure KWC could pull ahead more than that.

Media poll was better for some of us with #7 USI, #10 Quincy, #11 Bellarmine, #22 Parkside, #30 Findlay, #32 Saginaw.
    Last edited by schnautza; 01-10-2017 at 03:05 PM.

2. Default Re: USI Eagles

Do we know the date for the first regional rankings? Isn't it around the second or third week in February?

Quote Originally Posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
    Do we know the date for the first regional rankings? Isn't it around the second or third week in February?
    The first ranking this year comes out on Feb. 15. Then the next two Wednesdays before the selection show on March 5.

Actual NABC results are #9 Bellarmine, #10 USI, #18 Saginaw, #24 Quincy with #26 Drury, #29 KWC, #33 Parkside, and #36 Findlay in the "also receiving votes" category. I thought for sure KWC could pull ahead more than that.

Media poll was better for some of us with #7 USI, #10 Quincy, #11 Bellarmine, #22 Parkside, #30 Findlay, #32 Saginaw.
    I looked into the Media Poll and they actually do a regional weekly poll. Here is the website it is posted: http://www.mssulions.com/sports/2016...78382720033188

The Midwest Regional ranking (now this is the d2sida media poll not the real one that matters) this week is:
    Midwest Region
    Rank School (First Place Votes) Record Points Prev.
    1. Southern Indiana (3) 14-0 30 2
    2. Quincy 15-1 25 4
    3. Bellarmine 12-2 24 1
    4. Wisconsin-Parkside 12-1 23 5
    5. Findlay 12-3 16 NR
    6. Wayne State 9-2 15 7
    7. Kentucky Wesleyan 12-2 11 8
    8. Ferris State 11-3 9 NR
    9. Truman State 12-3 7 10
    10. Saginaw Valley State 11-3 4 3

The media poll is done by six representatives in each region who do their own region and then collaborate on the national poll. I think this regional poll has some merit since its done by six regional SIDs who may not be the NCAA reps on the Regional Committee but they work with those reps in their regular jobs.

I just noticed that it looks like only 3 voted on this poll. Some of the other regions had 6 so I guess it may just have been a bad week to get all 6 together?

Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    I looked into the Media Poll and they actually do a regional weekly poll. Here is the website it is posted: http://www.mssulions.com/sports/2016...78382720033188

The Midwest Regional ranking (now this is the d2sida media poll not the real one that matters) this week is:
    Midwest Region
    Rank School (First Place Votes) Record Points Prev.
    1. Southern Indiana (3) 14-0 30 2
    2. Quincy 15-1 25 4
    3. Bellarmine 12-2 24 1
    4. Wisconsin-Parkside 12-1 23 5
    5. Findlay 12-3 16 NR
    6. Wayne State 9-2 15 7
    7. Kentucky Wesleyan 12-2 11 8
    8. Ferris State 11-3 9 NR
    9. Truman State 12-3 7 10
    10. Saginaw Valley State 11-3 4 3

The media poll is done by six representatives in each region who do their own region and then collaborate on the national poll. I think this regional poll has some merit since its done by six regional SIDs who may not be the NCAA reps on the Regional Committee but they work with those reps in their regular jobs.

I just noticed that it looks like only 3 voted on this poll. Some of the other regions had 6 so I guess it may just have been a bad week to get all 6 together?
    I'm curious how you found this as I can't find any way to navigate to it from MSSU's page. I've heard this poll exists for a while but have never been able to find it!

Man, I'm ready for this weekend's games. A lot on the line and I think we have what it takes to prove ourselves.

Right now there are 3 teams tied for longest active win streak (14) - Northwest Missouri, Southern Indiana, and Quincy. At least one of these must be broken on Saturday, if not sooner. Who will it be?

7. Default Re: USI Eagles

I'm curious how you found this as I can't find any way to navigate to it from MSSU's page. I've heard this poll exists for a while but have never been able to find it!
    Last year it was updated weekly on SW Oklahoma's website. This year it's apparently MO Southern's. I don't know if they just have no idea how to publish or draw interest to the thing, or if they are actively trying to keep it hidden from the public, but it's definitely weird. Why wouldn't you put it out there somewhere that it can be found by anyone who is curious?

Last year it was updated weekly on SW Oklahoma's website. This year it's apparently MO Southern's. I don't know if they just have no idea how to publish or draw interest to the thing, or if they are actively trying to keep it hidden from the public, but it's definitely weird. Why wouldn't you put it out there somewhere that it can be found by anyone who is curious?
    This kind of poll is meaningless, so let them hide it. The people voting have no clue. Now as far as USI, I think they will finally get a loss this week. It's hard to go unbeaten. I can't wait to hear their negative fans who are upset even though they are unbeaten. I can only imagine the comments after USI loses.

9. Default Re: USI Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
    This kind of poll is meaningless, so let them hide it. The people voting have no clue. Now as far as USI, I think they will finally get a loss this week. It's hard to go unbeaten. I can't wait to hear their negative fans who are upset even though they are unbeaten. I can only imagine the comments after USI loses.
    AND here you are again....commenting on a team you don't care about, imagine that!!!

Like every year, ALL these preseason games against horrid competition mean absolute nothing. I just hope history doesn't repeat itself (oh wait there was no history past two years!)....first round FLOP!!!! Wahwahwah..then wait till next year song and dance begins!! I think this team can overcome his potential to screw it up.

10. Default Re: USI Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by glvcpro View Post
    AND here you are again....commenting on a team you don't care about, imagine that!!!

Like every year, ALL these preseason games against horrid competition mean absolute nothing. I just hope history doesn't repeat itself (oh wait there was no history past two years!)....first round FLOP!!!! Wahwahwah..then wait till next year song and dance begins!! I think this team can overcome his potential to screw it up.
    I'm thinking if this dude isn't Grady he must be the older guy that shows up to all the KWC games wearing a USI hat.

Actually, I saw on BU's website that the D2sida did a regional poll. When I saw that, there was no link to the MSSU page. I emailed BU's SID and he told me the link had been added to the BU article on the polls. I don't think the D2sida has its own site. I think they just email the poll to the various SIDs. MSSU and some other schools put up the rankings (although MSSU is the only I found that puts up the regional as well as the national.)

I'm thinking if this dude isn't Grady he must be the older guy that shows up to all the KWC games wearing a USI hat.
    I told you before I'm not this Grady person you keep bringing up. I don't wear a USI hat to the KWC games, but I do sit next to old Jim with the plaid jacket in the Sportscenter for our games. I'm kinda old, if you consider 74 years young old. So you got that right.

Obviously Battler is Grady and Eagle Pride. He maybe some other long time poster as well but don't really care too much.

Yeah, and your idiot self comes over to the KWC forum all the time and comments with your USI stupidity. Don't worry, we're rooting for USI to get a loss this week so you can bash your coach and say "See, now I can be unhappy and depressed because USI lost!" like all you idiots want to do. You are not USI fans, you are people who just want to complain about something and never attend games. I would think the USI players would want nothing to do with "fans" like you.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    Obviously Battler is Grady and Eagle Pride. He maybe some other long time poster as well but don't really care too much.
    So now I'm two posters again. Can I go for a third or fourth?

16. Default Re: USI Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
    Yeah, and your idiot self comes over to the KWC forum all the time and comments with your USI stupidity. Don't worry, we're rooting for USI to get a loss this week so you can bash your coach and say "See, now I can be unhappy and depressed because USI lost!" like all you idiots want to do. You are not USI fans, you are people who just want to complain about something and never attend games. I would think the USI players would want nothing to do with "fans" like you.
    Only read the first sentence of your rant, no I only come over to kwc thread when you're commenting about USI which is in nearly every post you make. It's quite obvious to everyone that you have an obsession with USI. You sure act childish for a 74 yr old. Grow up already.

17. Default Re: USI Eagles

Yup, the child is on ignore list now, never had anything credible or interesting to share anyhow.

18. Default Re: USI Eagles

So the four quarters is supposed to speed up the game yet the girls game ran long (no overtime) causing men's game to be delayed nearly 30 minutes. Maybe they need to rethink this before they change the men's to four quarters too. I don't recall men's games being delayed by the women's in the past unless it went overtime of course.

19. Default Re: USI Eagles

Jeril 5 for 5 3fgm in first five minutes. Wow. They better put a guy on him.

So the four quarters is supposed to speed up the game yet the girls game ran long (no overtime) causing men's game to be delayed nearly 30 minutes. Maybe they need to rethink this before they change the men's to four quarters too. I don't recall men's games being delayed by the women's in the past unless it went overtime of course.
    Yeah it seems like every game is starting late now due to the 4 quarters. Sort of annoying.