Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: Alderson Broaddus Basketball

Default Re: Alderson Broaddus Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    Wow, breaking news on Wheeling Jesuit:

https://wtov9.com/news/local/wheelin...ncial-exigency

This all after a big contribution last year from the diocese. This is not a good situation for Wheeling Jesuit. Financial exigency is about as bad as it gets. They may have to go D3 or drop a bunch of sports.
    Wow. I remember years ago (when houses were appreciating crazily), we refinanced our house twice in about a 2-year period. Our kids were little and my wife wasn't back to work yet. We were spending more than I was making and we pulled money out of the house equity both times just to stay afloat. This reminds me of that. They just got a bailout last year and they are already back in the same situation. Not good.

They aren't going to get a bailout from the diocese this year after this article concerning the WV bishop:

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/r...4bc6e8af4.html

Wonder how much money they put out to start the football program.

I don't know why the school announced it. But there is a reason. Wheeling Jesuit is going to do something pretty drastic soon. What it is? I have no idea.

But you don't announce something like this for no reason. This hurts getting kids come to your school for the upcoming year. It also causes a bit of panic for current students and can cause them to transfer out. I watched a news story last night concerning this. It appears the student body is not sure what is going on. That is not good. At least when AB had some financial problems a few years back, admin from the school met with the student body for a statement and then a Q & A. It appears Wheeling just sent out this release. I guess I go back to what I have said before....I believe May and June could be interesting times. Maybe I am wrong. But with Malone dropping football and now this, it could make for some more shakeup.

Congrats to the baseball team for splitting a 4-game series @ Walsh this past weekend. I watched some of the games. I thought they played well . Tough to lose the last game in 12 innings But our spring sports needed some type of success. Hopefully that spring boards the baseball team this spring in the conference.

I will type some stuff up when we sign some players. We have some offers out.

I have got it confirmed that Bruce Spruell is still up there after sitting out and plans to play next season. He averaged 11.3 ppg and 4 assists per game at SRU.

We lose one player in Mike Davis. That is a big, big loss. He could score, defend and rebound. He was the only senior.

We return the following:

Malik Bocook (JR), a 2nd-team G-MAC selection, who averaged 10.5 ppg and 9.4 rpg. The 6'4" forward came on after missing the first month of the season with a knee injury.

Tyler Golphin (FR) averaged 10.9 ppg last year while trying to play the point. I believe the team will look to move the athletic 6'2" player to the wing next year.

JUCO transfer Coye Campbell came on strong in the second half of the season averaging 10.9 ppg. His outside game was pretty deadly the last month of the season.

6'5" David Shriver had a good freshman campaign averaging 10.4 ppg and 3.1 rpg. He shot 82 of 201 from behind the arc for a 41% shooting average.

6'5" forward Bryan Polanco (JR) had his moments in games. In other games, he disappeared. He averaged 6.6 ppg and 5 rpg.

KJ Walker (FR) did well the second half of the season and started the last month. Cleveland Horton, Gavin Williams and John Grayson gave us some good bench minutes.

Might be a reach....but we did it with James Newberry in the 80s.....Brandon Simmons does have a semester of eligibility remaining. The 6'9" center averaged 13.5 ppg and 9.5 rpg before crashing in academics. I guess you could always play him second semester if he is even around.

I think we have to recruit a couple of JUCOs/transfers especially to fill Davis' slot. We need more size too. With Spruell and Campbell and Shriver out on the perimeter, we could use Davis' schollie on a big. I would say we will hit the JUCO route pretty hard.

I am also glad as a school that we are getting a little progressive as time moves on. This was good to see the school tweet this out:

https://twitter.com/ABU1871/status/1107648956287369216

Congrats to the baseball team for defeating Ohio Dominican twice today over in Columbus. Big wins as ODU was G-MAC pre-season favorite.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031