Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Alderson Broaddus Basketball

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Alderson Broaddus Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Looking For 9 View Post
    Simmons is the real deal.. inexperience showed. AB will get much better.
    I was told by somebody there yesterday that he was bad in the game yesterday. He did improve today and is a great shot blocker for sure. He is not strong, but hopefully he will continue to develop over the season. He did better as the game went along.

We should have won. And I am not coulda, shoulda, woulda.

And thanks Butler for the broadcast of the game. There are a lot that do appreciate it and watch these broadcasts. I was just looking forward to the first game yesterday.

Women lose a close one to Clarion 53-48.

Grand Valley State leads at D&E 74-61

Interesting that Ohio Valley beat WV Wesleyan 72-58 tonight. This occurs after Wesleyan had gone 2-0 up at West Lib this past weekend defeating two of the top PSAC opponents. Ferris State also won on the road over Hillsdale.

Final on the road: Battler 88 Seton Hill 71

Mike Davis with 24 points
    Brandon Simmons with 22 points and 9 boards
    David Shriver 14 points...and is now 8 of 13 from three-point land in last two games.
    Tyler Golphin with 11 points

The game broadcast went out early on.

We got an offer out on the #65 rated player in NC, a 6'7" player originally from Tunisia in Akram ben Salah. He has a 4.0 GPA.

I thought the women played their best game today in a loss to Lake Superior State. The freshman Jeana Weatherspoon had a big day for the ladies.

5. Default Re: Alderson Broaddus Basketball

WBB had just a little stronger bench would get Ws.

Freshman David Shriver is 17 of 28 from three-point land in the last 4 games. That is 60.7%. The kid has been an absolute sniper from out there. He scored 26 points and grabbed six boards yesterday against Fayetteville State in the win. He was 6 for 10 from beyond the arc yesterday but showed more than just that. We haven't seen a shooter like this since Zimmerman's first couple of years here as coach when we had McBride, Dye and Allen.

I am hoping Malik comes back soon. He would have made a huge difference in some of these games. He makes a big difference on the screen-and-roll action in the motion, brings a better rebounder and can hit the mid-range jumper consistently. We play our first 4 G-MAC games on the road which I don't agree with. But we could use his experience on the road. We played our first 3 G-MAC games on the road last year. I don't understand this league's scheduling. The league office needs to figure out how to balance some things out. We always seem to play a lot of home conference games when students are on break....year after year.

Unreal

8. Default Re: Alderson Broaddus Basketball

So, he's taking a leave of absence so he can "try out" a new job or will he be taking a leave of absence every year? Either way, you're right, unbelievable.

I have no problem with Bodkins taking over. She competed for championships year after year when she was head coach. The program that she led has spiraled down since she resigned as head coach to take over her key role as assistant AD. It is the school she graduated from. She has passion for AB. I feel she will do a good job. And she will listen to JD Long who can give good advice and experience as he was a very successful athletic director at AB.. Both are AB alumni and have a passion for the school. They don't go thru the motions.

I just don't like the comment: "It is a great opportunity for Dennis". Okay? When Dr. Chen, who is an excellent professor, goes on a sabbatical for research, he comes back with great knowledge and research which bodes well for our science majors. He brings back good stuff for the students at AB. When Professor Klaus goes to Europe with students, they gain a great international experience and he learns from other teachers abroad. He brings back ideas to campus. What does this do for AB is the question I have? Would we allow Zimmerman to leave mid-season to coach a semi-pro team in the Akron area? He wouldn't do that, but the answer is no. As I have said, Creehan's act over the years has worn me thin. He is an excellent football coach. But he had a choice to make a few years and he chose AD over head football coach. This is have cake and eat it to.

I saw we beat Salem by 25 points last night without leading scorer Mike Davis. I haven't seen any of the last two games. I know Mike played very little against Lake Erie. I am assuming he got hurt in that game. Any one know of his condition?

Stats say Bocook had 16 points and 20 rebounds. Shriver had 23 including 7 of 14 from three land. Simmons had 17 pts and 13 rebounds.

Not a bad win especially considering our best player didn't play. Salem isn't great but he has elevated that program from the dumps. They came in 6-2. Any info on Mike is appreciated. We can't afford to lose him.

Mike was out with a groin injury suffered in the 1st half of the Lake Erie game. I should have read Greg Talkington's game story in the Clarksburg paper and I would have known.

https://www.wvnews.com/sports/highsc...e9a969521.html

Good road win over our long time rival. Balanced scoring. Hats off to Coye Campbell who took his demotion well....24 points. Freshman Tyler Golphin with 22 points. Simmons with 14 pts & 10 boards. Bocook played the whole game and had 12 points. Polanco had 10 boards.

We have a week off for finals. Hopefully all the guys take care of business.

Mike Davis didn't play in this one again. Pretty good for the very young team to win two in a row without our best player.

Hats off to our women's basketball team who had to open the conference schedule with 5 straight road games and went 3-2 during that road stretch. They impressively concluded that road stretch by defeating Ohio Dominican yesterday by outscoring ODU 28-3 in the 4th quarter. I don't know if I have ever seen that before. Pure guts, heart and effort! I am a big Coach Bogie believer. He has really improved this squad in short order. And any time a squad plays their heart out like that at the end of a game after being on the road during final exams and term papers means they believe and play super hard for their coach. That was the biggest women's win we have had in a long, long time. The ladies sit tied for 6th in the league standings. I hate they go to break because he has them playing so well.

I thought the men played well without Mike Davis. Simmons is really becoming a stud duck in there. I am hoping we get Mike back. It has been a huge loss.

The school itself got great, great financial news this week. Glad we are on a strong financial track.

JDon, I’m watching the Liberty/Alabama basketball game. Liberty has a guard named Cuffee. Same family as the WV kid who went to CU a few years back?

Yes, that is his brother. They are from Poca, WV.....Poca HS.....called the Poca Dots.

I thought there was a good chance it was at least the same extended family (not necessarily immediate family). I remembered you saying that the family had a basketball pedigree in WV.

17. Default Re: Alderson Broaddus Basketball

Happy to see AB get a very nice win.

18. Default Re: Alderson Broaddus Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Looking For 9 View Post
    Happy to see AB get a very nice win.
    AB beat Hillsdale. Uh oh.

19. Default Re: Alderson Broaddus Basketball

Now that they are healthy, AB is going to be a real handful the rest of the season, especially at home. Young guys have gained experience, they have two really good players in Davis and Bocook and have some length inside and are well-coached.

20. Default Re: Alderson Broaddus Basketball

Like KWC some of AB recruiting has not worked out. Healthy and heads right this can be a good team. Next Saturday will be telling.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829