Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899 LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 1967

Thread: New bellarmine thread

Contribute to D2

Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmoves View Post
    I assume that "physicality" means strength. BU needs to upgrade that aspect even if it stays d2.
    You're right about that, boss.

2. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Combined championships for NCAA basketball planned. The NCAA announced that the DI, DII, and DIII MBB and WBB national championships will be celebrated as combined championship events in Atlanta during the 2020 NCAA Men’s Final Four

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...etball-planned

https://www.courierpress.com/story/s...le/3562226002/

A-Sun maintaining that it is "pretty picky":
    https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...es/3571721002/

Quote Originally Posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
    A-Sun maintaining that it is "pretty picky":
    https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...es/3571721002/
    In other words, just like every other league.

5. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

I just think it’s their way of saying “listen, we know not everybody is excited about us being a conference that adds reclassifying schools. However, we are confident that we found a really really good one”

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
    I just think it’s their way of saying “listen, we know not everybody is excited about us being a conference that adds reclassifying schools. However, we are confident that we found a really really good one”
    Quote Originally Posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    In other words, just like every other league.

So, according to the CJ Saturday, the ASun requires a "buy-in fee" and does not compete in 5 sports Bellarmine has today. Even with my excellent BU degree, I am still struggling with the logic of this decision. It easily has to cost another $10M-$15M a year to compete in D-1 (not counting facilities) and is the expectation that D-1 sports are going to attract enough students to pay for it? If not increased enrollment, then why else would you make the move. Also, what I am reading and seeing is a trend of alternate education to college undergraduate degrees taking hold due to the outrageous cost and questionable degrees that get you nowhere. Does BU think they can buck that trend with D-1 sports? It is clear that BU has green-lighted Scotty to talk this up to build enthusiasm but the numbers don't add up to me. Is there another Joe Paul Clayton (RIP) or Owsley Brown Frazier (RIP) out there that is going to provide the financial backstop for this? Can anyone shed some light on how all of this is supposed to work if the move is made?

8. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Quote Originally Posted by Big Smooth View Post
    ….Also, what I am reading and seeing is a trend of alternate education to college undergraduate degrees taking hold due to the outrageous cost and questionable degrees that get you nowhere. Does BU think they can buck that trend with D-1 sports? ….
    Yes, I think that is BU's play. They probably think that as the # of students wanting a "traditional college experience" shrinks, small private schools with less name recognition (like yours or mine) are more vulnerable than small private schools with more name recognition (like Butler, Xavier, Davidson, Lipscomb, etc.) I think there is a little bit of an expand or die mentality here - and they may not be wrong (see St. Joes (IN) or Wheeling Jesuit)

New locker room coming for the Knights:
    https://twitter.com/KentTaylorWAVE/s...87147895619584

New locker room coming for the Knights:
    https://twitter.com/KentTaylorWAVE/s...87147895619584
    Looks pretty sweet:
    https://www.wave3.com/2019/05/10/don...w-locker-room/

Sounds like a D1 locker room to me.

Quote Originally Posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    Sounds like a D1 locker room to me.
    My immediate thought too. We should finally find out something soon, as I understand that the trustees vote next week.

13. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Dr Mark Lynn is turning out to be a real BU supporter. He donated big time to make the U of L soccer complex happen (is named after him) but he resigned from the U of L foundation last year or so in the midst of some of the chaos recently in their athletic department. We're happy to welcome him as a BU athletic Booster any day!!

Quote Originally Posted by BGrad1971 View Post
    Dr Mark Lynn is turning out to be a real BU supporter. He donated big time to make the U of L soccer complex happen (is named after him) but he resigned from the U of L foundation last year or so in the midst of some of the chaos recently in their athletic department. We're happy to welcome him as a BU athletic Booster any day!!
    Yessir. I don't really keep up with the other university in town, but heard about his soccer support in the intro to the piece about the new Bellarmine locker room.

If I'm not mistaken, he also sprung for the t-shirts for a BU home game this past season. Great to have the Doc on-board!

Great to see the athletics program win the GLVC Commissioner's Cup by a healthy margin!

16. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Quote Originally Posted by #1KnightFan View Post
    "... she asked student leaders to reconsider an America-themed party in the wake of Donald Trump's election ..."

Oh brother. Surprised she's not trying to take us D-III.

Breaking news: the Trustees unanimously approved this new strategic plan.
    https://www.bellarmine.edu/strategic-plan/

19. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

She may frown upon the Atlantic Sun now since they have a school from Alabama in the conference.

Seriously these University leaders who don’t have the stomach to encourage free speech should be fired immediately as they obviously don’t have the backbone or the skill set to be a leader. I get so sick of hearing about diversity from the left when it is the left that absolutely hate diversity of thought.

"... she asked student leaders to reconsider an America-themed party in the wake of Donald Trump's election ..."

Oh brother. Surprised she's not trying to take us D-III.

Quote Originally Posted by bkingbroker View Post
    She may frown upon the Atlantic Sun now since they have a school from Alabama in the conference.

Seriously these University leaders who don’t have the stomach to encourage free speech should be fired immediately as they obviously don’t have the backbone or the skill set to be a leader. I get so sick of hearing about diversity from the left when it is the left that absolutely hate diversity of thought.
    I bet she slandered the kids over at Covington too much like USI’s assistant Vice President of something, also holding title of faculty athletic rep did continuously.