Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1760

Thread: New bellarmine thread

Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Quote Originally Posted by Knights Hall View Post
    Being an ass Orme was the icing on the cake, those guys work hard and do a great job.
    I listened to the post game interview and was embarrassed by Scotty's rude behavior. The radio guys are big BU supporters, why take it out on them? It unfortunately reinforces the perception that some have that Scotty is a hot-headed sore loser. If he can't control his temper he needs to send out an assistant coach to do the post game interview. Thankfully they cut the post game interview off early after just a couple of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by BGrad1971 View Post
    I listened to the post game interview and was embarrassed by Scotty's rude behavior. The radio guys are big BU supporters, why take it out on them? It unfortunately reinforces the perception that some have that Scotty is a hot-headed sore loser. If he can't control his temper he needs to send out an assistant coach to do the post game interview. Thankfully they cut the post game interview off early after just a couple of minutes.
    Davenport is one of the best at this level, but that perception is well earned. I’ve seen it first hand more than once.

The team may still win 25 games, but, unless they can get their "mojo" back, we can forget about it being a "special season."

The defensive lapses, turnovers, three-point shooting woes, lacking confidence, and, yes, injuries are brutal.

4. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Scotty is a mess, the last five minutes of the first half was a mess, he was yelling at everybody but the popcorn man, had no idea what was going on in the game. At the end of the come when Bellarmine got within striking distance he Starited subbing offensive for defense, taking out his high point man, Cook on offense and puts in for defense.

Needs to build this team up, they need confidence.
    Success has a thousand Father's...........failure has none! These kids are tough and have each other's backs and that's where the confidence comes from. We ain't done yet.

5. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Scotty is a mess, the last five minutes of the first half was a mess, he was yelling at everybody but the popcorn man, had no idea what was going on in the game. At the end of the come when Bellarmine got within striking distance he Starited subbing offensive for defense, taking out his high point man, Cook on offense and puts in for defense.

Needs to build this team up, they need confidence.
    Everyone, including Doug and Mark, that's been in this system for so long knows what to expect from Coach D. He is who he is and everyone in the BU family knows what to expect. We haven't lost 3 games in a row since........... we'll I don't know when so it's always bad with Coach when we lose. Take that times 3 and well, it's anybody's guess what to expect. Not excusing the retort because you're correct Doug is a great guy but he also knows not to "poke the bear" when you're in uncharted waters.
    Last edited by Voice of Reason; 02-10-2019 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Context error

6. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

His antics would be embarrassing to me as a fan. This is D II basketball and he acts like he is some messiah. I like the Bellarmine players and the program, but this man is a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by DUPanther View Post
    Davenport is one of the best at this level, but that perception is well earned. I’ve seen it first but hand more than once.

7. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Can’t say that I am surprised by Scotty’s behavior on the radio show. He has a history of losing his mind when things aren’t going well. Even to the detriment of the team. Does way more harm than good. Regarding the team, I think everyone needs to relax and not panic. Ebby obviously isn’t 100% but is looking better, CC will recover from his sprain, and hopefully Ramser will be back soon. His presence on the floor is clearly missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightwatch View Post
    Can’t say that I am surprised by Scotty’s behavior on the radio show. He has a history of losing his mind when things aren’t going well. Even to the detriment of the team. Does way more harm than good. Regarding the team, I think everyone needs to relax and not panic. Ebby obviously isn’t 100% but is looking better, CC will recover from his sprain, and hopefully Ramser will be back soon. His presence on the floor is clearly missed.
    You are definitely right about Daniel. He brings guts, and toughness to the team. He is the intangible missing right now. (and AE at about 60% does not help!)

All is not lost. injuries and inexplicable bad shooting by our best shooters (Weyer and until the last 2 goals late, Fleming) have been the root of these losses. Getting home and getting rest will turn this around. I predict a long winning streak ahead 15 at least. (Now thats something coming from the most negative guy East of the Mississippi!)

I hope you are right, being home for 4 straight will help. This is uncharted waters for the Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    I predict a long winning streak ahead 15 at least. (Now thats something coming from the most negative guy East of the Mississippi!)
    Where is the real Stalker and what have you done to him?

12. Default

Injury update: Went to practice today. Eberhart looked to be back to his old self. It was a strenuous, fast paced practice and he fully participated, driving the lane, no-look passes and the mid-range jumpers. He was also active on the boards. Ramser was taking shots but didn’t participate. He has lost conditioning but may be able to go this weekend. CC was in a boot and probably won’t be back until next week.

Didn’t pick up any negative vibes. Scotty has said that lack of focus is primary reason for the lax defense and TO’s the past several games. They were focused today.

Garret Tipton, who is redshirting this year looked really good - very similar to CJ Fleming.

Let’s hope the intensity and focus translate into the rest of the games.

Thanks for the recon.

Quote Originally Posted by #1KnightFan View Post
    Injury update: Went to practice today. Eberhart looked to be back to his old self. It was a strenuous, fast paced practice and he fully participated, driving the lane, no-look passes and the mid-range jumpers. He was also active on the boards. Ramser was taking shots but didn’t participate. He has lost conditioning but may be able to go this weekend. CC was in a boot and probably won’t be back until next week.

Didn’t pick up any negative vibes. Scotty has said that lack of focus is primary reason for the lax defense and TO’s the past several games. They were focused today.

Garret Tipton, who is redshirting this year looked really good - very similar to CJ Fleming.

Let’s hope the intensity and focus translate into the rest of the games.
    I think with AE back to 100%, the team should have no issues with this weekend's games. UIS and McKendree are not the same pushovers they have been in the past but they are not close to the competition of BU's last 3 games. It would be great to have Ramser and CC back for the following weekend. Need to put a revenge pounding on Lewis and Indy to show them who is the top dog still.

15. Default

Just heard that Brent Bach signed today with Portugal and will continue playing at the professional level in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by #1KnightFan View Post
    Just heard that Brent Bach signed today with Portugal and will continue playing at the professional level in Europe.
    So how long does the season go in Europe? Is there leagues all year round?

17. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

European professional leagues generally match the European Soccer leagues in that they start in early September and are finished around the 1st of May. Professional leagues in each country may vary some (some don't start until October) but the overall biggest league called the Euroleague (which has the top teams from many countries - kind of like the UEFA Champions league for soccer) follows an October to May schedule I know for sure.

... the overall biggest league called the Euroleague (which has the top teams from many countries - kind of like the UEFA Champions league for soccer) ...
    Just offhand, I think Bellarmine has an alum in the Euroleague right now: none other than the G.O.A.T., Mr. Braydon Hobbs.

19. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Quote Originally Posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
    Just offhand, I think Bellarmine has an alum in the Euroleague right now: none other than the G.O.A.T., Mr. Braydon Hobbs.
    Hobbs plays for Bayern Munich (or Bayern München in German). Bayern Munich is one of the top German soccer clubs too (one of my personal favorites BTW). Most of these European basketball clubs are connected with a top flight soccer club. The Euroleague has the top 16 European basketball clubs. Its like the NBA of Europe.

20. Default

The team Brent is playing for is the same one that Chris Dowe started with.