Page 51 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1781

Thread: New bellarmine thread

Quote Originally Posted by glvcpro View Post
    Only seen the score, so what’s your opinion on why BU lost tonight?

My opinion - poor defense; no passing on offense, resulting in too many one on one drives, 35 3- pt attempts and too many challenged shots to count.

After BU went out to a 16-8 lead, th UINDYcoach called TO and made an adjustment on defense, choosing to not cover Corbett or Coles on the outside and sagging into the lane to prevent the cheap baskets we have thrived on all season. After that adjustment - we had no answer. We shot 40%, a season low as a result of not executing. Except for the first 5 min of the game, there was no movement on offense with 4 guys standing watching one guy dribble and drive. Eberhart has six TO’s filling the 4 he had last Saturday.

As at UWP, we were outplayed and out coached. I heard Scotty’s lifelong friend, asst coach and now color man Mark Bugg on the radio broadcast use words “embarrassing” and “nonchalant” to describe the effort and performance.

Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Quote Originally Posted by #1KnightFan View Post
    My opinion - poor defense; no passing on offense, resulting in too many one on one drives, 35 3- pt attempts and too many challenged shots to count.

After BU went out to a 16-8 lead, th UINDYcoach called TO and made an adjustment on defense, choosing to not cover Corbett or Coles on the outside and sagging into the lane to prevent the cheap baskets we have thrived on all season. After that adjustment - we had no answer. We shot 40%, a season low as a result of not executing. Except for the first 5 min of the game, there was no movement on offense with 4 guys standing watching one guy dribble and drive. Eberhart has six TO’s filling the 4 he had last Saturday.

As at UWP, we were outplayed and out coached. I heard Scotty’s lifelong friend, asst coach and now color man Mark Bugg on the radio broadcast use words “embarrassing” and “nonchalant” to describe the effort and performance.
    Mostly agree, but when you really get down to it, Corbett, Weyer, Chitty, and Coles were 4 for 24 on threes. Honestly, I thought everyone of them was an open shot, which ties into your observation on UIndy's decision to sag. If those guys shoot their season average, BU wins the game.

3. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmoves View Post
    Mostly agree, but when you really get down to it, Corbett, Weyer, Chitty, and Coles were 4 for 24 on threes. Honestly, I thought everyone of them was an open shot, which ties into your observation on UIndy's decision to sag. If those guys shoot their season average, BU wins the game.
    Sounds like just a bad shooting night. Shooting can be contagious, when no one making them it puts added pressure on everyone else, then no one is making any shoots. Also doesn’t help having a coach scream or yelling at you...not saying that’s what happened at Indy but Ive seen him do it. It adds to the pressure.

4. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

He was very negative, gets himself wrapped up on a bad Call and won’t let it go.

Bad shooting was the cause. Mostly just didn't hit the open shot. Indy adjusted and started sagging off and blocking the passing lanes. Defense was not bad except on the post against Dickson. He looked like an all American against the defense. Can't say the officiating was bad. Sure there were bad calls but that always happens. Nothing that made a difference in the outcome.

Strong game especially considering being shorthanded. CC played a great first half. Too bad he got sick before second half. Scotty said he was OK though. Probably got what hunter has. Bach played well despite the minor injury. He truly has become a scoring machine.

7. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

The Knights have to be be consistent over the next 7 games, can't take off any more games. When the ball is not going in the hole they have to step up their D and rebounding. Chitty played his best game of the year Saturday, they need him to come in a play lock down D and not have a bunch of turnovers. Taylor is still a project but he can help with certain match ups, he has five fouls to give and could have helped against the big guy at U Indy.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    Strong game especially considering being shorthanded. CC played a great first half. Too bad he got sick before second half. Scotty said he was OK though. Probably got what hunter has. Bach played well despite the minor injury. He truly has become a scoring machine.

Scotty mentioned on the taping of his show tonight that CC is fine. He was overheated and is fully recovered. Locker room was over 90 degrees. He’s good to go Thursday. The rest of the team is getting healthy again. If they stay that way, he said every thing is in place to make the big run. He said a “test regional ranking” will be done on Feb 6. Scotty is one of the 5 members in this year’s regional committee.

Quote Originally Posted by #1KnightFan View Post
    He said a “test regional ranking” will be done on Feb 6. Scotty is one of the 5 members in this year’s regional committee.
    Unfortunately, BU is probably going to be 3 in that ranking. The upside being that after this weekend their schedule is much tougher than UF and FSU. Gives them more opportunity for quality wins. At the same time it gives the better chance to lose which at this point they can't afford to do. With the GLVC tourney being the only one of the three conference tourneys to be played at a neutral site, BU should get more of a bump in the rankings with a conference championship. That being said I am not sure it would be enough to run the table if either UF or FSU does the same (which I think they are more likely to do than BU.)

10. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Knight View Post
    He was very negative, gets himself wrapped up on a bad Call and won’t let it go.
    Sure hope Coach doesn’t ruin this team. His tantrums during games is downright embarrassing for him, the school and the program. To see how he talks to his own players when he is upset is unbearable to watch. I had to move seats to avoid witnessing these outbursts. He has 2 totally different personalities. He always uses the word “family” but not sure that is how a family should treat its members or how it should be represented. Not sure a good, loyal family member would gather his team before the season to say he is gone if UL calls. It would be one thing to have that conversation if he had ever received that call, but it never came. I really like this team and its players and I think they have a lot of heart, but I feel like they play more to not get screamed at than to win.
    Sure hope that isn’t the case.

11. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Not everybody could play for him but you know what you are signing up for when you go there.

12. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Quote Originally Posted by Knightwatch View Post
    Sure hope Coach doesn’t ruin this team. His tantrums during games is downright embarrassing for him, the school and the program. To see how he talks to his own players when he is upset is unbearable to watch. I had to move seats to avoid witnessing these outbursts. He has 2 totally different personalities. He always uses the word “family” but not sure that is how a family should treat its members or how it should be represented. Not sure a good, loyal family member would gather his team before the season to say he is gone if UL calls. It would be one thing to have that conversation if he had ever received that call, but it never came. I really like this team and its players and I think they have a lot of heart, but I feel like they play more to not get screamed at than to win.
    He’s definitely old school like bob knight was. I think he gets a lot out of his players but times have changed to today when you can’t scream at anyone with fear of being reported and disaplined for raising your voice and hurting their feelings. This country has become wussified. Sure he can be embarrassing sometimes but I can guarantee you that opposing teams hate playing against him because he’s great x and o coach, will ride the refs, and usually wins. Also I feel that his style is attractive to certain prospective players and their parents that want the structure and discipline. He’s a proven winner, not someone with only one ncaa postseason win. I guarantee you that with his style and if he only had one ncaa postseason win in ten years at BU, AD would’ve already let him go.

13. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Knight View Post
    Not everybody could play for him but you know what you are signing up for when you go there.
    Disagree.... I don’t think anyone is prepared for that treatment. I’m sure he turns on the charm in the recruiting process, just like he does on tv, radio, and public speaking engagements. I guarantee these kids don’t know what they are getting into and to validate his behavior by implying so is just wrong!

Disagree.... I don’t think anyone is prepared for that treatment. I’m sure he turns on the charm in the recruiting process, just like he does on tv, radio, and public speaking engagements. I guarantee these kids don’t know what they are getting into and to validate his behavior by implying so is just wrong!
    All the kid has to do is go to one game and he knows what Scotty is like. I too think its sometimes embarrassing, especially when he belittles the players (not so much the refs, they deserve it!) but I do think these kids know what is coming. Several of them are sons of coaches and are used to it. Guys like Jeremy Kendle and now Parker Chitty thrive on it. I'm sure by the time Parker is a senior he will be giving some of it back to Scotty like Kendle did. The kids know it is coming.... I wish sometimes he would have a little patience and not pull the player on the first mistake. Give em till their second one at least.

15. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Quote Originally Posted by glvcpro View Post
    He’s definitely old school like bob knight was. I think he gets a lot out of his players but times have changed to today when you can’t scream at anyone with fear of being reported and disaplined for raising your voice and hurting their feelings. This country has become wussified. Sure he can be embarrassing sometimes but I can guarantee you that opposing teams hate playing against him because he’s great x and o coach, will ride the refs, and usually wins. Also I feel that his style is attractive to certain prospective players and their parents that want the structure and discipline. He’s a proven winner, not someone with only one ncaa postseason win. I guarantee you that with his style and if he only had one ncaa postseason win in ten years at BU, AD would’ve already let him go.
    Bob Knight??? Well, that ended really well for him, didn’t it?I I think that is a very fair comparison. You have proven my point exactly and I thank you!

I think when he uses the word "family", he means the old fashioned type where the father wasn't scared to kick a little ass to get the kids to behave. It may be old fashioned but it works. The kids that finish out their careers at BU seem to love him. I'm sure they have kind of a love/hate going on but I think in the end they appreciate what he does for them. Now would it work in the world of D1 prima donnas, I'm not so sure. As far as the UofL thing, who could blame him for wanting to help his alma mater and make a million bucks at the same time. If he told the players that I think he was being honest so as to prepare them if he did go. I was overjoyed that UofL was too narrow minded to offer to him. Hope he stays at BU for another 15 years.

Bob Knight??? Well, that ended really well for him, didn’t it?I I think that is a very fair comparison. You have proven my point exactly and I thank you!
    Where you been the last 10 years? Nothing about Scotty has changed. Say what you want about him, there is not a better coached team, regardless of the division.

18. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

I meant no disrespect, just pointing out there’s pros and cons to that style. Hopefully Scotty never goes past that limit like knight did.

19. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmoves View Post
    Where you been the last 10 years? Nothing about Scotty has changed. Say what you want about him, there is not a better coached team, regardless of the division.
    I’ve been right here in my seat for the last ten years. And yep! You are right! It has been a problem for me for the last 13 years. I’m just now on the board. As a Bellarmine graduate, I am a huge fan but I continue to think his demeaning behavior is a disgrace, and I will not support the good ol’ boys’ club who continue to think his antics are funny.
    Last edited by Knightwatch; 02-01-2018 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Misspelling

20. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    I think when he uses the word "family", he means the old fashioned type where the father wasn't scared to kick a little ass to get the kids to behave. It may be old fashioned but it works. The kids that finish out their careers at BU seem to love him. I'm sure they have kind of a love/hate going on but I think in the end they appreciate what he does for them. Now would it work in the world of D1 prima donnas, I'm not so sure. As far as the UofL thing, who could blame him for wanting to help his alma mater and make a million bucks at the same time. If he told the players that I think he was being honest so as to prepare them if he did go. I was overjoyed that UofL was too narrow minded to offer to him. Hope he stays at BU for another 15 years.
    My impression is that they bond together to get through it, not support it. They don’t love him. Are you kidding me? I am sorry to upset your apple cart, but you can defend him all you want. He is out of control and he is embarrassing. And if that is how you want to win, ok. I’m just saying I am tired of watching it.
    Last edited by Knightwatch; 02-02-2018 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Misspelling