Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1759

Thread: New bellarmine thread

  1. #41

    Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    So has official practice started? If not when? I haven't seen anything about the "Morning Madness" Scotty has promoted in the past. Would like to catch that and some official practices to get a feel for whom Scotty may be leaning towards in playing time.
    Morning madness is tomorrow!

  2. #42

    Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthead View Post
    Morning madness is tomorrow!
    It is? Why nothing on the BU website?

    Oh duh, now I see it
    Last edited by KnightStalker; 10-13-2016 at 10:45 AM. Reason: I'm a blind idiot

  3. #43

    Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    I think Scotty will go back to fronting the post like he did 2011 and 2012. we had a lack of height and shot blocking then like we do now

  4. #44

    Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BUFAN View Post
    I think Scotty will go back to fronting the post like he did 2011 and 2012. we had a lack of height and shot blocking then like we do now
    I think you are correct. I think Scotty prefers fronting the post but with Suggs and Kolo there really was no reason to do it.

    Ok, who is going tomorrow morning? Live blogging? If they had good wifi there I could post some youtube. Of course, I wouldn't count on me getting up in time!

  5. #45
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisville Metroplex
    Posts
    1,314
    Rep Power
    80

    Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    Ok, who is going tomorrow morning? Live blogging? If they had good wifi there I could post some youtube. Of course, I wouldn't count on me getting up in time!
    Wish I could be there -- will be with you and Moves, etc. in spirit. I think you should do some "Facebook live," baby!
    https://live.fb.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/facebookmed...practices/live

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    So has official practice started? If not when? I haven't seen anything about the "Morning Madness" Scotty has promoted in the past. Would like to catch that and some official practices to get a feel for whom Scotty may be leaning towards in playing time.

    Friday morning at 5:00 am

  7. #47

    Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
    Wish I could be there -- will be with you and Moves, etc. in spirit. I think you should do some "Facebook live," baby!
    https://live.fb.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/facebookmed...practices/live
    ok, I couldn't get up to make it.... Really bad now that I live about a mile from the gym. Anybody catch the live feed? They had it last year but I haven't looked for it.

  8. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    Here is interview with Scotty at Morning Madness:

    http://www.wdrb.com/story/33390453/b...orning-madness

    Weyer/Taylor have reshaped their bodies over the summer, both losing over 20 lbs.

  9. #49

    Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    Quote Originally Posted by #1KnightFan View Post
    Here is interview with Scotty at Morning Madness:

    http://www.wdrb.com/story/33390453/b...orning-madness

    Weyer/Taylor have reshaped their bodies over the summer, both losing over 20 lbs.
    That is big for Taylor especially. Shows he has the desire to contribute right away. Will be nice to have some size coming off the bench. Weyer didn't appear to need to lose that much unless he put on some weight after last season. I'm sure he is getting his first taste of real weight training and probably has a lot of added muscle. Watched Rusty's interview. The typical non-informative sports interview but Rusty was impressive in his cool and smooth approach to all the sports interview clich├ęs.

  10. #50

    Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    Louisville Catholic Sports write up on Morning Madness:
    http://www.catholicsportsnet.com/lou...ghts--campaign

    Najjar (ultimate BU and Scotty cheerleader) notes that Eberhard and Hunter are noticeably beefed up and cut this year. That might be the best news yet. Eberhard has some of the best skills and instincts I've have ever seen from a freshman at BU but his durability was always a question last year (collapsed lung was probably big culprit.) If he has added a lot of strength to his abilities, he is all conference material. If he has added some confidence to his outside shooting ability as well, he is all-american material,

  11. #51

    Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    I see on the Indiana basketball site that the exhibition game is set for 7pm on November 5th. It will be interesting to see how the team does there a second time. Last year I think the IU game was the shakiest because the players were in awe playing there for the first time. I think this year they won't be as nervous, although last year's team had a lot more DI size to compete against IU.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisville Metroplex
    Posts
    1,314
    Rep Power
    80

    Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    I see on the Indiana basketball site that the exhibition game is set for 7pm on November 5th. It will be interesting to see how the team does there a second time. Last year I think the IU game was the shakiest because the players were in awe playing there for the first time. I think this year they won't be as nervous, although last year's team had a lot more DI size to compete against IU.
    Went down to Bloomington for the game last year, hoping that the Knights could pull off the shocker. Was a fun experience. Our guys dug a big hole in the first haft, but Suggs hit some threes early in the second half, cutting the lead to seven. The good guys wound up losing by eleven. I fear that it won't be nearly as close this year, largely due to the size difference, but can't wait to see what this season has in store.

    If I remember right, I thought the Cincinnati game seemed the ugliest of the three exhibitions last season, which is funny because Bellarmine has given them some good games in the past.

    Anyway, anybody seen any practices recently? I was down in L'ville the other day and walked around some of the BU campus for fun, but the team wasn't practicing at the time.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western Kentucky
    Posts
    8,988
    Rep Power
    21232

    Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BUFAN View Post
    What happened. Did alumnifan overloaded the message board?
    Yes! The Midwest region may not be as down as some think. The region could see a dark horse from every conference, and I think each conference will produce two regional contenders.

  14. #54

    Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
    Went down to Bloomington for the game last year, hoping that the Knights could pull off the shocker. Was a fun experience. Our guys dug a big hole in the first haft, but Suggs hit some threes early in the second half, cutting the lead to seven. The good guys wound up losing by eleven. I fear that it won't be nearly as close this year, largely due to the size difference, but can't wait to see what this season has in store.

    If I remember right, I thought the Cincinnati game seemed the ugliest of the three exhibitions last season, which is funny because Bellarmine has given them some good games in the past.

    Anyway, anybody seen any practices recently? I was down in L'ville the other day and walked around some of the BU campus for fun, but the team wasn't practicing at the time.
    All three exhibitions were similar last year. Brief spells of looking good but ultimately just getting overrun in the end. I think Cincy may have been the best team at the time. UofL was probably beatable but Scotty doesn't want to show up Pitino. Indiana was probably the best segment of basketball but it was also the place where Derksen hurt his ankle and never fully recovered (yes his ankle recovered but he never did fully since he lost his starting role.) That may have been the big season changer right there. Still would have been interested to see if Scotty was going to begin the season with the big lineup.

  15. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    Any thoughts on scores of these exhibitions? If I were going to guess I would say IU is the scariest with the big men they have. Likely to be 30+ margin. I would also say that Cincy would likely be the closest. It always seems like UofL is right in the middle because Scotty doesn't want to show up Pitino and I don't think Pitino wants to embarrass them. Plus you get to fill the Yum! for an exhibition game which you don't get often and why jeopardize that? I would say Cincy by 15-20, UofL by 20-25, and IU by around 30.

    All that goes out the window though if any three of the teams doesn't take them seriously, which we have seen in the past. I certainly hope Bellarmine can sneak a win out but I would guess this is not the year for that.

  16. #56

    Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthead View Post
    Any thoughts on scores of these exhibitions? If I were going to guess I would say IU is the scariest with the big men they have. Likely to be 30+ margin. I would also say that Cincy would likely be the closest. It always seems like UofL is right in the middle because Scotty doesn't want to show up Pitino and I don't think Pitino wants to embarrass them. Plus you get to fill the Yum! for an exhibition game which you don't get often and why jeopardize that? I would say Cincy by 15-20, UofL by 20-25, and IU by around 30.

    All that goes out the window though if any three of the teams doesn't take them seriously, which we have seen in the past. I certainly hope Bellarmine can sneak a win out but I would guess this is not the year for that.
    I really haven't paid attention to the three teams preseason talk, but if there are anything like last year I think Cincy will be tougher just because they always have 3 or 4 good size forwards/centers which this BU team will not be able to stop. I agree that UofL would probably be the best game except Scotty won't want to bring on any more angst for Pitino so the final margin will be around 20. In the end I think all 3 will be around 20 but they will get there in different ways. Cincy will probably be up 30 and come back down, IU will probably always stay around 20 and UofL will be closer until the final 5 minutes or so.

  17. #57

    Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    I expect that we will get badly beaten in all three. All three teams are very good D1 teams, probably top 20 and UofL and IU may be top ten or five. UofL is HUGE. I think Pitino will be happy if Scotty gives them a lesson in defending the perimeter, because that is the only place where Bellarmine will be able to score. I suspect that both UC and IU are among the favorites to win their respective leagues. I would be happy if any of the games are close at half time.

  18. Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    Just heard a rumor that Weyer is moving around campus on crutches too...

  19. #59
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisville Metroplex
    Posts
    1,314
    Rep Power
    80

    Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthead View Post
    Just heard a rumor that Weyer is moving around campus on crutches too...
    Yikes! Hope it's not true.

  20. #60

    Default Re: New bellarmine thread

    I saw the team in "open gym" just 2 days before the start of official practice and Taylor was in street clothes and was clearly nursing some kind of leg injury, although not on crutches. If Weyer is hurt, it happened since the start of official practice because he was moving fine on the day I was there. If Weyer is on crutches that is a catastrophe, because even if it is something that he will recover from, it will put him way behind. The exhibitions would be a great learning experience for him. If Taylor and Weyer are out, that leaves a very small team. Cook is going to have to step up.

Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •