Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: G-MAC Basketball

Default Re: G-MAC Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by schnautza View Post
    Well, this is embarrassing. The sheet that I was referencing that data off of had some weird errors in the formulas (probably from sorting and filtering) so lines were getting crossed between conferences. I've fixed it and I can tell you that I was flat out wrong on all of my claims. Please disregard my previous post. I've blanked it out so as not to confuse anybody further.

To set the record straight,
    GLVC - average PI = 11.80 (#10), average nonconf win% = 50.5% (#13)
    GLIAC - average PI = 12.13 (#5), average nonconf win% = 51.6% (#11)
    GMAC - average PI = 11.31 (#19), average nonconf win% = 45.8% (#17)
    No need to be embarrassed, heck this ole man doesn’t even know what the abbreviation PI means. That looked like a nightmare to tabulate. So which conference had the best out of conference winning percentage? I’m assuming you have Glvc #13 is 13th best in d2?

Quote Originally Posted by glvcpro View Post
    No need to be embarrassed, heck this ole man doesn’t even know what the abbreviation PI means. That looked like a nightmare to tabulate. So which conference had the best out of conference winning percentage? I’m assuming you have Glvc #13 is 13th best in d2?
    (PI means Performance Indicators)
    The best nonconference win percentage goes to the Northeast 10 (69.9%).
    Looking at their data, 46 games against CCAA teams (who has the 2nd worst nonconf win% at 36%) 37 games against ECC teams (nonconf win% of 43%). The remaining 10 games were against stronger LSC, PSAC, and SSC teams.
    It looks like the NE10 conference benefits from having very weak neighboring conferences.

Anyone know what happened with D&E before the last week of the season??? Between their 2/23 game vs Trevecca and their 2/28 game vs Cedarville, 5 players showed up on Verbal Commits as "transferring" and none of them played in the final two games of the season for them. This included 2 of their top guards (Friend & Bonar) and big man Trevor English.

I mean I can understand if the players want to transfer because the program is not doing so hot and/or is switching conferences, etc. But quitting before the season is over just seems wrong. Unless there were some circumstances around it that aren't being made widely known. Anyone in the area hear anything about this by chance?
    Last edited by kdubnation; 03-04-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Hate that CU will host both men’s and women’s first round games during spring break. Unfortunate timing.

For some reason, I can't get the brackets to paste. mens's link:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit..._Bracket_1.pdf

women's:

Final Four will be hosted by the highest remaining seed.

Alderson Broaddus (13-16) men's basketball team dropped an 88-62 decision to host and top-seeded Findlay Tuesday night in the First Round of the GMAC Basketball Tournament.
    Last edited by crixus; 03-06-2019 at 04:57 AM.
    Go Battlers!

Quote Originally Posted by kdubnation View Post
    Anyone know what happened with D&E before the last week of the season??? Between their 2/23 game vs Trevecca and their 2/28 game vs Cedarville, 5 players showed up on Verbal Commits as "transferring" and none of them played in the final two games of the season for them. This included 2 of their top guards (Friend & Bonar) and big man Trevor English.

I mean I can understand if the players want to transfer because the program is not doing so hot and/or is switching conferences, etc. But quitting before the season is over just seems wrong. Unless there were some circumstances around it that aren't being made widely known. Anyone in the area hear anything about this by chance?
    I hope someone answers your question because I'd like to know why too. I've never heard of players quitting with a couple of games left in the season. It's been a tough year for D&E.
    Go Battlers!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
    mens's link:

women's:

Final Four will be hosted by the highest remaining seed.
    Well, I was upset when I couldn't get the brackets to display and just had to post the links. However, the benefit is that the links are to an active bracket, so they are already updated.

Both Cedarville teams got the win at home (in front of a pretty empty gym because of Spring Break). I got to watch parts of both games. Both were competitive - with the Malone women leading (and even dominating) for much of the first half and the ODU men leading with 10 min to play in the game and keeping it tight until the end. Now, its off to Findlay and Canton. The men face #1 Findlay and the women have #2 KWC.

Regardless of outcome, the CU men have had one of their best (and most enjoyable to watch) seasons in a long time. Our women's' team has been pretty consistent for years. The men's team has lagged behind. Its nice to seem them both in the tournament final four.

Looking at schnautza‘s PI list, Findlay, Walsh and Hillsdale are all in the top 10 for MW. You would think that the Walsh/Hillsdale winner should see a boost. CU is at 15.

Women:

5:30 p.m. - No. 1 Walsh against No. 5 Hillsdale

7:30 p.m. - No. 3 Cedarville against No. 2 Kentucky Wesleyan

Men:

6 p.m. - No. 1 Findlay against No. 4 Cedarville

8 p.m. - No. 2 Walsh against No. 3 Hillsdale

KWC Women will go to the Finals against Walsh @ Walsh. Question: Will both teams get a Regional bid?

14. Default Re: G-MAC Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by alumnifan View Post
    KWC Women will go to the Finals against Walsh @ Walsh. Question: Will both teams get a Regional bid?
    If KWC wins there is no chance Walsh gets a bid.

If Walsh wins there is a chance that KWC still gets an at large bid, especially since USI (#6) lost to an unranked team and Michigan Tech (#8) is playing #4 Ashland.

I didn’t get to watch either CU game last night, but by scores alone I can see that the men did us proud (against a very good UF team) and the women got absolutely smoked by KWC. I think KWC wins the tournament. I saw an earlier CU/KWC game this season and they were a very good team.

16. Default Re: G-MAC Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by WKYDave View Post

If Walsh wins there is a chance that KWC still gets an at large bid, especially since USI (#6) lost to an unranked team and Michigan Tech (#8) is playing #4 Ashland.

HUGE upset as Region #8 Northern Michigan beats #3 in Region and #7 nationally in Coaches poll and #11T in SID poll Grand Valley AT Grand Valley.

17. Default Re: G-MAC Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by WKYDave View Post

HUGE upset as Region #8 Northern Michigan beats #3 in Region and #7 nationally in Coaches poll and #11T in SID poll Grand Valley AT Grand Valley.

Congrats to both Walsh teams.

Tough sledding for the G-MAC in the women’s bracket. Walsh is #7, KWC #8.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021