Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11-year Reuninon

Default 11-year Reuninon

http://www.postbulletin.com/news/loc...86db52f75.html

Should be an interesting Homecoming weekend

Default Re: 11-year Reuninon

Leaf was a great Coach. My guess is he won't show up and there will be a void by him not being there. Probably for the best. If they have a nother thing in 15-20 years he could show up

There's more than likely going to be A LOT of people not there

4. Default Re: 11-year Reuninon

Quote Originally Posted by MrMustang View Post
    Leaf was a great Coach. My guess is he won't show up and there will be a void by him not being there. Probably for the best. If they have a nother thing in 15-20 years he could show up
    Leaf is a good coach? By what standards do you associate this by? Is it because he won multiple championship? Did you not stop for a second and think that maybe those assistant coaches were running the show until they couldn't handle him any longer? That man is a fraud. He couldn't even make breakfast when recruits came to visit on weekends the last 3-4 year because he was passed out at his home. Just like the story said everyone knew what was going on but what were they to do because the man was wining games and titles. Now look at this mess left behind.

On top of it they hired a coach with no balls who can't even come out to the alumni direct and say he is going to change this tone. He had been there a year and yet once has he reached out to alumni personally. What the heck it that? They need to clean house. AD and all coaches. Those that think Malvik is liked by alumni are idiots. He doesn't even have support of him cause he is gutless. Look at the kids they have coming in they are D3 caliber (sorry guys if you are reading this but you are you should be happy to just be at wsu cause you should be at UWL). It's embarrassing all around but they should win 20 game this year easily. So let's see what this staff can do because after this senior class there is nothing of promise left.

Show up to the event or not, that's really a personal choice for the people involved. But, I have always had an issue with people going negative in the press, but not being willing to identify themselves. Stand by your words. At least Smith did so (even though he comes across a bit whiny in the article), but I give him credit for putting his name to the words.

Quote Originally Posted by wsufamily View Post
    Leaf is a good coach? By what standards do you associate this by? Is it because he won multiple championship? Did you not stop for a second and think that maybe those assistant coaches were running the show until they couldn't handle him any longer? That man is a fraud. He couldn't even make breakfast when recruits came to visit on weekends the last 3-4 year because he was passed out at his home. Just like the story said everyone knew what was going on but what were they to do because the man was wining games and titles. Now look at this mess left behind.

On top of it they hired a coach with no balls who can't even come out to the alumni direct and say he is going to change this tone. He had been there a year and yet once has he reached out to alumni personally. What the heck it that? They need to clean house. AD and all coaches. Those that think Malvik is liked by alumni are idiots. He doesn't even have support of him cause he is gutless. Look at the kids they have coming in they are D3 caliber (sorry guys if you are reading this but you are you should be happy to just be at wsu cause you should be at UWL). It's embarrassing all around but they should win 20 game this year easily. So let's see what this staff can do because after this senior class there is nothing of promise left.
    Oh good. The ax grinder is back again! Should have expected you to show up!

Quote Originally Posted by wsuguy87 View Post
    Show up to the event or not, that's really a personal choice for the people involved. But, I have always had an issue with people going negative in the press, but not being willing to identify themselves. Stand by your words. At least Smith did so (even though he comes across a bit whiny in the article), but I give him credit for putting his name to the words.
    Kind of like people on a message board.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Kind of like people on a message board.
    If you don't see the difference between a message board and being interviewed in a regional newspaper, I can't help you. To the larger point, I'm not saying WSU is blameless in the situation, but it seems that celebrating a national championship should be something that brings people back together, regardless of the scares.
    Last edited by wsuguy87; 09-17-2016 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Added the last sentence

If you don't see the difference between a message board and being interviewed in a regional newspaper, I can't help you.
    There is a difference. It just reminded me of people who come on here proclaiming to be insiders.

I don't want your help.

10. Default Re: 11-year Reuninon

Oh good. The ax grinder is back again! Should have expected you to show up!
    You bet I'm back. I will keep coming back until they come clean and release those in the higher positions that handled this situation so poorly.

Your just like everyone else at WSU you want this to go away and pretend like nothing happened. How can you support an administration like they have? How can you support a coach that doesn't reach out to alumni? Is that the type of people you want representing WSU?

This is just a messy situation all around.....too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by wsufamily View Post
    You bet I'm back. I will keep coming back until they come clean and release those in the higher positions that handled this situation so poorly.

Your just like everyone else at WSU you want this to go away and pretend like nothing happened. How can you support an administration like they have? How can you support a coach that doesn't reach out to alumni? Is that the type of people you want representing WSU?
    How come you don't post on anything other than running WSU through the mud? See, asking leading and loaded questions is fun!

"I'm not telling guys not to go, but I think there's still a lot of bitter feelings about how that all went down," said Smith, who now lives in Rochester. "It's a tough deal because … the memories are some of the best we've ever had. We love that town, the majority of the people there and the school. Until there's some kind of public truth and public apology, I can't see there being any reconciling."

I am having trouble finding the 'whiny-ness' here.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    "I'm not telling guys not to go, but I think there's still a lot of bitter feelings about how that all went down," said Smith, who now lives in Rochester. "It's a tough deal because … the memories are some of the best we've ever had. We love that town, the majority of the people there and the school. Until there's some kind of public truth and public apology, I can't see there being any reconciling."

I am having trouble finding the 'whiny-ness' here.
    If everything but a few bad apples mean so much, go back and celebrate it. As I said in a previous post. For me, celebrating what was a great season should be enough to bring people back even if there are some hard feelings. But that's up to them.
    Last edited by wsuguy87; 09-17-2016 at 06:51 PM.

If everything but a few bad apples mean so much, go back and celebrate it. As I said in a previous post. For me, celebrating what was a great season should be enough to bring people back even if there are some hard feelings. But that's up to them.
    If there was an award for understatement of the century, I think calling someone being fired for alerting their boss' boss about their boss' criminal actions against a direct subordinate "bad apples" would have to be the GOAT.

Got it. So if the player that was assaulted sexually was your son, nephew or good friend, you'd tell them to suck it up and go. Fall in line and celebrate that sports championship, right?

Just seems you have taken a clear side and are not interested in hearing the other side. At all. No matter how valid their concerns.

So far sounds like only 3 guys are coming back. Coincidence that the 2 assistants got invited and its the 1st official day of basketball as well....GREAT planning by WSU ADepartmen. Lots of people on Twitter saying the AD should resign.

Got it. So if the player that was assaulted sexually was your son, nephew or good friend, you'd tell them to suck it up and go. Fall in line and celebrate that sports championship, right?

Just seems you have taken a clear side and are not interested in hearing the other side. At all. No matter how valid their concerns.
    I don't think that's what I am doing at all. I've said they have every right to not show up if they don't like. If it were me, I'd go back and celebrate the championship, not the coach. Not the administration that's there now-the team that I played on. But, as I've said, that's just me. What I wouldn't be doing is talking off the record to reporters. But again, that's just me.

And for the record, I hear/understand everyone's concerns. And I respect them. I just think you can separate the actions of a few and celebrate something that was pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    If there was an award for understatement of the century, I think calling someone being fired for alerting their boss' boss about their boss' criminal actions against a direct subordinate "bad apples" would have to be the GOAT.
    That is not why John got fired, he got into a pissing match with the AD over another petty matter and lost. They both overacted, said things they shouldn't have and it led to this. The AD should have taken the higher ground but yet again showed he is in the wrong position. I do not support the new AD in any way and am not happy with he way he is running the department. Worst AD hire WSU could have made. Leaf isn't hiding either, saw him on my last trip to Winona.

I think why you didn't see more action taken was the more people asked questions about the players story it started to fall apart a bit. I feel bad for the kid, not a position anyone should be in but I don't think the case was open and shut either. Nobody wins in this one and the school handled the situation wrong and still is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast