Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's a Griffon?

Contribute to D2

Default What's a Griffon?

MW getting some attention on NFL Network:

http://deadspin.com/nfl-network-pane...fin-1797404097

Default Re: What's a Griffon?

ok what is a griffon. I have pondered this for years now . what I have came up with is,they are a play toy for a gorilla to stomp on, or a scratching post for a donkey. They are a boring snack for a bearcat. I was told once it was a inbreed bird. Your guess is good as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by visionpipe View Post
    ok what is a griffon. I have pondered this for years now . what I have came up with is,they are a play toy for a gorilla to stomp on, or a scratching post for a donkey. They are a boring snack for a bearcat. I was told once it was a inbreed bird. Your guess is good as mine.
    He's back!

A D2 pro prospect factory lately. They have 5 in camps

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeman View Post
    He's back!
    What you really wanted to say was....Oh God, he's back and he's one of ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulas View Post
    What you really wanted to say was....Oh God, he's back and he's one of ours.
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    A D2 pro prospect factory lately. They have 5 in camps
    so how many national title rings do they have. 0 how many super bowl do they have 0.making to camps is a great. (my hats of to them) but making the team is a lot different. don't get me wrong I hope they do.

so how many national title rings do they have. 0 how many super bowl do they have 0.making to camps is a great. (my hats of to them) but making the team is a lot different. don't get me wrong I hope they do.
    Four of the five already made active squads. That doesn't guarantee anything for this year, of course, but they have already proved plenty.

Greg Zuerlein is going in to his sixth year with the Rams (and just got a 3-year contract extension in the offseason).

Mike Jordan is going into his second year with the Rams.

Leonard Wester is going into his second season with the Bucs.

David Bass is going into his fifth NFL season, this year with the Seahawks.

Sam Brown was on the Ravens practice squad last year and is in Vikings camp this year.

That's pretty impressive for a D2 school. Good job Griffs.

Detects hint of jealousy

A Griffon is a football team that annually stubs its toe and plays in the Mineral Water Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post
    Four of the five already made active squads. That doesn't guarantee anything for this year, of course, but they have already proved plenty.

Greg Zuerlein is going in to his sixth year with the Rams (and just got a 3-year contract extension in the offseason).

Mike Jordan is going into his second year with the Rams.

Leonard Wester is going into his second season with the Bucs.

David Bass is going into his fifth NFL season, this year with the Seahawks.

Sam Brown was on the Ravens practice squad last year and is in Vikings camp this year.
    Griffs can thank UNO for cancelling their program and giving them Zuerlein for his senior year
    Also is Michael Hill not in a camp or on a practice squad anymore?

I loved watching greg Z kick. I think and have said he will set the distance record in the NFL soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Detects hint of jealousy
    Nope just stating the FACTS.

I loved watching greg Z kick. I think and have said he will set the distance record in the NFL soon.
    I agree with Pipe that Greg was fun to watch. I can't quote his senior year stats, but the guy was just lights out. All those 50 yarders were just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
    I agree with Pipe that Greg was fun to watch. I can't quote his senior year stats, but the guy was just lights out. All those 50 yarders were just amazing.
    He hit a 58 yarder to beat NW in 2011. I hated it, but admit that it was amazing to watch.

I think he was 9-9 from beyond 50 that year.

Quote Originally Posted by stubintner View Post
    He hit a 58 yarder to beat NW in 2011. I hated it, but admit that it was amazing to watch.
    I watched that game on TV. Great game and fabulous kick. That field goal had to sting for Bearcat fans. I know the pain....Warrensburg Nov. 6, 2010 - Todd Adolf hits a 45 yard field goal with the clock showing 00:00 to beat the Mules 17-16. That felt like a knife through the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I think he was 9-9 from beyond 50 that year.
    The guys announcing that game said it was a first in football history. Which I don't know if anyone was surprised by that little tidbit for his feat at that point. Nice little gift from UNO for one very productive year at MW.

Quote Originally Posted by stubintner View Post
    I watched that game on TV. Great game and fabulous kick. That field goal had to sting for Bearcat fans. I know the pain....Warrensburg Nov. 6, 2010 - Todd Adolf hits a 45 yard field goal with the clock showing 00:00 to beat the Mules 17-16. That felt like a knife through the heart.

You just had to bring that one up, SM. The movement and scramble on the front line for NW to get set before that final tick came off the clock was insane. Here's the final series of plays. Love watching Coach T on the sidelines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt01crClbuU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast