Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sleepers and dreamers

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Sleepers and dreamers

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatDude View Post
    Not butt hurt at all - I find you amusing.
    Renting out space in your head. JK lighten up dude

Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    How rude are the NW fans on this board...Stay on topic of the original poster or make a new topic.

Back on topic. I think Fort Hays is the sleeper this year, I think they take the next step with the physical brand of football they play out West. I also suspect a talented MW will be energized by the new coaching staff and post an improved season.
    I included it because I thought Forney was "dreaming" to come back after the injuries he suffered in an off season traffic accident.

Quote Originally Posted by NW Normal View Post
    I included it because I thought Forney was "dreaming" to come back after the injuries he suffered in an off season traffic accident.
    There are a lot more Bearcat fans on here than other schools so it is kind of expected. It just seems every thread gets hijacked. I'm not sure why the defending national champions would inject themselves in a sleepers thread lol.
    Last edited by HookemHerd; 08-08-2017 at 04:47 PM.

There are a lot more Bearcat fans on here than other schools so it is kind of expected. It just seems every thread gets hijacked. I'm not sure why the defending national champions would inject themselves in a sleepers thread lol.
    uh, b/c we are a sleeper.
    we got holes to plug everywhere.
    ppl voting us 1 b/c of history, but little else.
    new hc
    new qb
    irreplaceable pieces on our front 4 which could have a ripple effect on the rest of the back 7.

i know yer a pseud & all, but that's ridic.

Quote Originally Posted by northwest missouri state View Post
    uh, b/c we are a sleeper.
    we got holes to plug everywhere.
    ppl voting us 1 b/c of history, but little else.
    new hc
    new qb
    irreplaceable pieces on our front 4 which could have a ripple effect on the rest of the back 7.

i know yer a pseud & all, but that's ridic.
    This act is getting dull every year. You are not the underdogs. You are the Patriots, the Alabamas, the NDSU's. You were voted number one.

This act is getting dull every year. You are not the underdogs. You are the Patriots, the Alabamas, the NDSU's. You were voted number one.
    that is b/c ppl are lazy.
    insiders know we have many many ?s to answer. more than most.
    that makes us a sleeper.
    sowwy.

that is b/c ppl are lazy.
    insiders know we have many many ?s to answer. more than most.
    that makes us a sleeper.
    sowwy.
    Sleeper means unexpected success.
    So what games do u think theyll lose

you bite yer tongue.
    i surrender to no one.
    but i cannot deny the long odds.

you bite yer tongue.
    i surrender to no one.
    but i cannot deny the long odds.
    Youve been a worthy adversary.

Who's buying ESU at #2? Bringing back a preseason all-American/offensive player of the year at QB? 3 of their top receivers, leading rusher and 4 out of 5 offensive linemen? 7 starters on defense as well.

NW and ESU playoff caliber
    Pitt,UCM, Hays bowl teams
    MW and WU .500 record is a success

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brady's ball pump View Post
    Who's buying ESU at #2? Bringing back a preseason all-American/offensive player of the year at QB? 3 of their top receivers, leading rusher and 4 out of 5 offensive linemen? 7 starters on defense as well.
    I think most of us are buying Emporia at #2. Emporia will beat Northwest again sometime (I think Northwest has won 24 or 25 in a row), but until they do most non Hornet fans will put Northwest ahead of the Hornets.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I think most of us are buying Emporia at #2. Emporia will beat Northwest again sometime (I think Northwest has won 24 or 25 in a row), but until they do most non Hornet fans will put Northwest ahead of the Hornets.

Agree. In addition although ESU is returning players on defense I'm pretty sure they lost a couple of their top tacklers. While they had a good run defense their pass defense was middle of the pack in the MIAA. As much as some of the teams have improved on offense ESU will have to win a lot of shootouts, which they are capable of.

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain.

The internet can be a scary place. Sure this MB is highly dominated by NW and Pitt St fans and as much as I would like to see more fans from different schools I do not see an issue with their obvious devotion to their schools. D2 is a niche. As the inquirer of the sleepers as far as I am concerned many answers have been great. But sometimes the deviation from the topic can be quite amusing too if you think about it. During the season the answers are typically on topic. Nobody waters down Randy's pick em for instance.

How rude are the NW fans on this board...Stay on topic of the original poster or make a new topic.

Back on topic. I think Fort Hays is the sleeper this year, I think they take the next step with the physical brand of football they play out West. I also suspect a talented MW will be energized by the new coaching staff and post an improved season.
    now wait a minute here young one. you are new so i will let you slide on this one time. You must understand d2 football was invented in maryville. We have 6 national titles we have not been beaten in 2 seasons. So we have the right to say all we want. You call it rude I call it stating the facts.

Only people that know MIAA football.

Quote Originally Posted by visionpipe View Post
    Only people that know MIAA football.
    Completely agree, MIAA probably has 3 of the top 5 teams in the country IMO. What do you think though visionpipe do the Hornets even have a snowball's chance in hell at the Bearcats week 1 even with all that talent coming back?!

While I am not speaking for the one who smokes the pipe, I see this game as a toss up. One positive is that the Bearcats are playing at home. ESU has the talent and lots of questions on the opposite side. I am hoping we can keep this game close and if we can do that, we will have a chance to eek out a W at the end. I will be in attendance and looking forward to the football season getting under way.

Completely agree, MIAA probably has 3 of the top 5 teams in the country IMO. What do you think though visionpipe do the Hornets even have a snowball's chance in hell at the Bearcats week 1 even with all that talent coming back?!
    I see this game going one of two ways.. The way I hope it will go is we blow ESU out as normal. But I think it will be close but the cats will pull it out. So many questions. Who will step up and be are QB. how will are defense do. Who will be doing the kicking. ESU has so many starters coming back from last year can be good but also be bad. Its the first game of the year it should be later in the year.my pride says BEARCATS by 40 but my football mind says BEARCATS by 10. I will go to happy mountain and smoke the vision pipe with the football gods this week end and ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by visionpipe View Post
    now wait a minute here young one. you are new so i will let you slide on this one time. You must understand d2 football was invented in maryville. We have 6 national titles we have not been beaten in 2 seasons. So we have the right to say all we want. You call it rude I call it stating the facts.
    Young one that's cute.. After 19 years of service I never thought id get called young one again.
    NW may have invented football, but appear to have lost some class. Most NW are good guys, hopefully a few bad apples dont spoil the bunch

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast