Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Projected Finish

Contribute to D2

Default Projected Finish

What's everyone's guess on Final Conference Standings for 2017? Here is my guess...

1. Texas A&M Commerce 9-1, 8-0 (Loss to North Alabama)
    2. Texas A&M Kingsville 9-2, 6-2 (Losses to Commerce, Midwestern)
    3. Tarleton State 9-2, 6-2 (Losses to Commerce and Kingsville)
    4. Midwestern State 7-3, 5-3 (Losses to Commerce, Tarleton, Angelo)
    5. Angelo State 6-4, 4-4 (Losses to Commerce, Kingsville, Tarleton, ENMU)
    6. West Texas A&M 4-7, 3-5 (Losses to Azusa Pacific, CSU Pueblo, Commerce, Kingsville, Tarleton, Midwestern, Angelo)
    7. Eastern New Mexico 4-6, 3-5 (Losses to SW Baptist, Commerce, Kingsville, Tarleton, Midwestern, WTAMU)
    8. Western New Mexico 2-9, 1-7 (Losses to San Diego, Fort Lewis, Commerce, Kingsville, Tarleton, Midwestern, Angelo, WT, ENMU)
    9. UT Permian Basin 1-10, 0-8 (Losses to Lamar, Quincy, Commerce, Kingsville, Tarleton, Midwestern, Angelo, WT, ENMU, WNMU)

ENMU loses the Lynn Magic. Order to be restored in Portales Commerce and Kingsville both make playoffs. Tarleton loses out on playoffs due to OPSU not counting as a D2 game.
    Last edited by WT_ALUM08; 07-11-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Default Re: Projected Finish

I really don't think ENMU will drop that much. Unless there was a mass exodus, they are returning a lot of people. With the offense still intact, WT may be a year or two away from beating them

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    I really don't think ENMU will drop that much. Unless there was a mass exodus, they are returning a lot of people. With the offense still intact, WT may be a year or two away from beating them
    I'll always be a homer when it comes to Eastern

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    This ENMU team is the most talented team they have had in quite a while. It is going to be really interesting in Portales.

If Pueblo doesn't get the QB issue resolved soon no way they go and beat WT. Hughes will put 9 in the box and dare the Pack to beat them through the air. The good news is they have 2 very big, solid, WRs that could dominate, but someone has to get them the ball. Bernard and Co. at RB can only do so much as we've seen for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderwolves Fan View Post
    If Pueblo doesn't get the QB issue resolved soon no way they go and beat WT. Hughes will put 9 in the box and dare the Pack to beat them through the air. The good news is they have 2 very big, solid, WRs that could dominate, but someone has to get them the ball. Bernard and Co. at RB can only do so much as we've seen for two years.
    I see your new sand shovel is working out well. Fill those bags.

Personnel, personnel, personnel. WT is thin in numbers, extremely young, and inexperienced.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I see your new sand shovel is working out well. Fill those bags.

Personnel, personnel, personnel. WT is thin in numbers, extremely young, and inexperienced.
    Remember the exact same thing said last year? Remember how the game ended up? The QB sitiatuon is zero percent different as of now. 100+ on the roster is thin in numbers? New Mexico Highlands and the 36 guys they recently dressed to come to Pueblo have zero sympathy.

Haha I understand. I'm hopeful for this year but I'm also trying to be realistic with all the players leaving.

Projected Finish:

1.) Texas A&M - Commerce - Colby is stacked yet again...how long can Commerce hang on to him.
    2.) Midwestern St - Every year people pick Maskill's teams to finish mid-pack, and every year it seems like he finishes Top 2.
    3.) Texas A&M - Kingsville - Flip the 2 if they beat MSU
    4.) Angelo State - Wagner has a favorable schedule - Only Travel to TAMUC, ENMU and UTPB (Is Wagner on the Hot Seat?)
    5.) Tarleton St - Not a very favorable schedule, lots of long road trips - TAMUK, WNMU, UTPB, MSU and Angelo - Road Warriors
    6.) Eastern New Mexico - I think losing Lynn is bigger than the hounds expect. - Game of note *@West Liberty - WV*
    7.) West Texas A&M - Small O-Line and we do not know who will be the QB for the buffs, this will be the major weaknesses for the Buffs this season.
    8.) UTPB - Carrigan picks up the programs first conference W. They may surprise some teams as well.
    9.) WNMU - I think this is my biased pick, think they need to go back to the RMAC

1. Tamc
    2. Enmu
    3. Msu
    4. Tamk
    5. Tsu
    6. Asu
    7. Wtam
    8. Wnmu
    9.utpb

Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Observer View Post
    Projected Finish:

1.) Texas A&M - Commerce - Colby is stacked yet again...how long can Commerce hang on to him.
    2.) Midwestern St - Every year people pick Maskill's teams to finish mid-pack, and every year it seems like he finishes Top 2.
    4.) Angelo State - Wagner has a favorable schedule - Only Travel to TAMUC, ENMU and UTPB (Is Wagner on the Hot Seat?)
    5.) Tarleton St - Not a very favorable schedule, lots of long road trips - TAMUK, WNMU, UTPB, MSU and Angelo - Road Warriors
    6.) Eastern New Mexico - I think losing Lynn is bigger than the hounds expect. - Game of note *@West Liberty - WV*
    7.) West Texas A&M - Small O-Line and we do not know who will be the QB for the buffs, this will be the major weaknesses for the Buffs this season.
    8.) UTPB - Carrigan picks up the programs first conference W. They may surprise some teams as well.
    9.) WNMU - I think this is my biased pick, think they need to go back to the RMAC
    I've got to think his seat is fairly warm...football is the only team to not make the playoffs in the past two years. I personally really like Will and the rest of the staff, but at some point you have to start winning.

Projected Finish:

i agree. Maskill is often overlooked going into a season and not given the respect he has earned. Yet, at the end of the season, there Midwestern sits in the top 3, year after year.

I think your predictions are pretty much on target. With the new coaching staff, WT is a wildcard. They may be right where you predict or they may surprise a few teams. Who knows? The 4, 5, and 6 spots are just so unknowable.

What's everyone's guess on Final Conference Standings for 2017? Here is my guess...

1. Texas A&M Commerce 9-1, 8-0 (Loss to North Alabama)
    2. Texas A&M Kingsville 9-2, 6-2 (Losses to Commerce, Midwestern)
    3. Tarleton State 9-2, 6-2 (Losses to Commerce and Kingsville)
    4. Midwestern State 7-3, 5-3 (Losses to Commerce, Tarleton, Angelo)
    5. Angelo State 6-4, 4-4 (Losses to Commerce, Kingsville, Tarleton, ENMU)
    6. West Texas A&M 4-7, 3-5 (Losses to Azusa Pacific, CSU Pueblo, Commerce, Kingsville, Tarleton, Midwestern, Angelo)
    7. Eastern New Mexico 4-6, 3-5 (Losses to SW Baptist, Commerce, Kingsville, Tarleton, Midwestern, WTAMU)
    8. Western New Mexico 2-9, 1-7 (Losses to San Diego, Fort Lewis, Commerce, Kingsville, Tarleton, Midwestern, Angelo, WT, ENMU)
    9. UT Permian Basin 1-10, 0-8 (Losses to Lamar, Quincy, Commerce, Kingsville, Tarleton, Midwestern, Angelo, WT, ENMU, WNMU)

ENMU loses the Lynn Magic. Order to be restored in Portales Commerce and Kingsville both make playoffs. Tarleton loses out on playoffs due to OPSU not counting as a D2 game.
    Seriously, you rag me out for believing Tarleton is much improved and then you pick them to go 9-2 and 3rd place finish. I guess you took off those maroon tinted glasses! LOL

I like your picks. I have Angelo 4 and MW 5. I have a soft spot for ASU. But, I could see 3,4,5 in any order. I like ENMU 6 and WT 7. Lynn intangibles will be missed. Buffs should still be able to take care of UTPB and WNM, but they are starting to worry me that they are headed to the cellar. I know we like hard nosed coaches, but does this generation respond to that? They didn't to Strong at tu.

On another note, WTALUM08, you can relish the fact that Red Raiders will be battling it out with Kansas for title of cellar dweller this year. KK, like his compadre at tamu, just can't coach. Baylor might try to join in also as they continue to sink.
    Last edited by Techster88; 07-12-2017 at 04:07 PM. Reason: ?

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Seriously, you rag me out for believing Tarleton is much improved and then you pick them to go 9-2 and 3rd place finish. I guess you took off those maroon tinted glasses! LOL
    When it comes to you Techster, I got to do some ball busting, even if I may agree with you, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderwolves Fan View Post
    If you aren't doing some serious sandbagging, I think you underestimate how down the Buffs are. Unless there are a lot of JUCO's that we aren't aware of, the Buffs will be pretty thin.

There has been a mass exodus from WTAM with little to no transfers coming in (unless they have just kept them super quiet) Hughes may be the best thing to ever happen to WTAM, but it won't be this year. With a overhaul like this 3 wins might be all you should expect.

Quote Originally Posted by gohounds View Post
    There has been a mass exodus from WTAM with little to no transfers coming in (unless they have just kept them super quiet) Hughes may be the best thing to ever happen to WTAM, but it won't be this year. With a overhaul like this 3 wins might be all you should expect.
    Never forget 2005. Everyone expected a down year with a new coach. Come fall there was an entire brigade of transfers no one had ever heard of.

Now days with FaceButt and Twizzler it is a little harder to keep transfers off the radar.

I believe in Texas college football (and maybe all football) those that push the limits win, and those who do it by the rules don't. But, on rare occasions you get a great coach that could win with a team of Minions.

A lot of winning coaches are GREAT used car salesman not great coaches. A monkey can win with blue chip players (stacked team).

Show me a coach that can DEVELOP a team full of average to good players into winners and I'll show you a GREAT coach.

Don't mistake one for the other.

From the predictions above, look for some Shock N Awe.

When it comes to you Techster, I got to do some ball busting, even if I may agree with you, LOL.
    ROFLMAO 🤣 😂

Oh well, since our football will be lousy this year we may as well have some fun. Btw, where is heybeerman? He is excellent at stirring the pot.

I'll try my best to grate your nerves and get under your skin. After your 5-6 turnabout to 9-2, Purple Poo nation won't be hating on you as much. You should have stood behind those stinging comments. 😂

Projected Finish:

Season still 7 weeks away and y'all already trying to push Carthel out the door up here ...again ...

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast