Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: UNA 2017

Contribute to D2

Default UNA 2017

So, from the looks of the schedules that have been released (DSU, UWA, etc) that the GSC schedule is the same as last year. Also, TAMUC has posted theirs.

So, I'm deducing the UNA schedule to be this:

Aug. 31 (Thurs): Texas A&M-Commerce
    Week 2: Bye (?)
    Week 3: @ Valdosta State
    Sept. 23: West Alabama
    Week 5: @ West Georgia
    Week 6: Florida Tech
    Week 7: @ Shorter
    Week 8: @ North Greenville (?)
    Oct. 28: Delta State
    Week 10: @ West Florida
    Week 11: Miss. College

Default Re: UNA 2017

Has the away game in 2017 and the home game in 2018 with Central Washington been canceled because of the move to D1. It was my understanding just a few weeks ago it was still on the schedule,

I think it should still be on. Just because we will be an independent for the first transition year and scheduling will be tough. I'm sure we will try to schedule as many Big South schools as possible, but their schedules are probably going to be about full anyway. I also think Central Arkansas and JSU may be in the works for that year. But I think we should try to have 11 games for 2017.

There may not be a home and home deal with North Greenville?

That's a big season opener even though there's no "conference" implications.

Quote Originally Posted by lion1983 View Post
    There may not be a home and home deal with North Greenville?
    Doesn't North Greenville become an Official Member of the GSC this season so for the 2017 season North Alabama shouldn't have any say one that one season where the game would be played at.

The Texas A&M Comerence games were original schedule for 2016 and 2017. Last season when the Jacksonville State game became available North Alabama was able to make a change and there was an agreement for 2017 and 2018.

Also Central Washington wanted North Alabama to make a trip out there last season, but we need another home game and couldn't make it and an agreement was reach for 2017 & 2018.

In an Article in the TimesDaily on December 8, 2016 Athletic Director Linder was quoted:

“The Big South will insert us into their football schedule in 2019. So there is a block of games we will get in 2019 that we won’t have in 2018. We would like to play a Division I schedule if we can, but I would imagine it will be all over the place with some Division II schools in there. Hopefully we will have some FCS level Division I teams on there as well. We want to get a solid 10 or 11-game schedule.” (Bold inserted by me)

Quote Originally Posted by UNALions View Post
    So, from the looks of the schedules that have been released (DSU, UWA, etc) that the GSC schedule is the same as last year. Also, TAMUC has posted theirs.

So, I'm deducing the UNA schedule to be this:

Aug. 31 (Thurs): Texas A&M-Commerce
    Week 2: Bye (?)
    Week 3: @ Valdosta State
    Sept. 23: West Alabama
    Week 5: @ West Georgia
    Week 6: Florida Tech
    Week 7: @ Shorter
    Week 8: @ North Greenville (?)
    Oct. 28: Delta State
    Week 11: Miss. College
    No messing around with that schedule. Jumping in head first, again. Like to see WG try that method. I wonder if playing the SIAC is waste of time, their hardly ever ranked, no conference implications, what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Superwolfe View Post
    No messing around with that schedule. Jumping in head first, again. Like to see WG try that method. I wonder if playing the SIAC is waste of time, their hardly ever ranked, no conference implications, what's the point?
    Region wins. Playing TAMU-Commerce does little for UNA, other than experience.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfBreed View Post
    SOS.

SOS.
    That too.

Quote Originally Posted by North Ala Screwdriver View Post
    The Texas A&M Comerence games were original schedule for 2016 and 2017. Last season when the Jacksonville State game became available North Alabama was able to make a change and there was an agreement for 2017 and 2018.

Also Central Washington wanted North Alabama to make a trip out there last season, but we need another home game and couldn't make it and an agreement was reach for 2017 & 2018.

In an Article in the TimesDaily on December 8, 2016 Athletic Director Linder was quoted:

“The Big South will insert us into their football schedule in 2019. So there is a block of games we will get in 2019 that we won’t have in 2018. We would like to play a Division I schedule if we can, but I would imagine it will be all over the place with some Division II schools in there. Hopefully we will have some FCS level Division I teams on there as well. We want to get a solid 10 or 11-game schedule.” (Bold inserted by me)
    NAS...any word on when homecoming will occur this fall???

Ready for them to release the date on that game so I can book a room on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by TUNA View Post
    Ready for them to release the date on that game so I can book a room on the beach
    I'm hoping it's a Saturday game. If so, it's very possible that the Pride of Dixie will travel for it. Maybe even if Thursday.

Can't wait to see UNA play one game in P'cola!!

Quote Originally Posted by TUNA View Post
    Ooo....that reminds me that we go to West Fla this year too!! Beach trip!!

Quote Originally Posted by North Ala Screwdriver View Post
    Doesn't North Greenville become an Official Member of the GSC this season so for the 2017 season North Alabama shouldn't have any say one that one season where the game would be played at.
    Is it 2017? I was thinking 2018. Anyway, even with them, it's 10 games. I would hate to see a situation like last year bite us and not get into the playoffs. I doubt they would waiver us being in the position we are in.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfBreed View Post
    Also a D2 game. The FCS, D3, and NAIA is were it does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerLady View Post
    Ooo....that reminds me that we go to West Fla this year too!! Beach trip!!
    Yay!! Cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by lion1983 View Post
    Is it 2017? I was thinking 2018. Anyway, even with them, it's 10 games. I would hate to see a situation like last year bite us and not get into the playoffs. I doubt they would waiver us being in the position we are in.
    NO doubt UNA will eventually find a reasonable level of success in FCS. One big challenge I see for them (both logistically and physically) is adding two more games to their
    schedule. For years it's been 10 games per season(weather permitting) and adding up to two more may create some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Larold View Post
    NO doubt UNA will eventually find a reasonable level of success in FCS. One big challenge I see for them (both logistically and physically) is adding two more games to their
    schedule. For years it's been 10 games per season(weather permitting) and adding up to two more may create some issues.
    I, personally, think that will be less of a problem than it has been. Several OOC opponents closeby, like A&M and JSU, Chattanooga, Martin, etc.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast