Edinboro 5-0 9-2 W9
    IUP 5-0 7-2 W7
    Seton Hill 4-1 8-3 W4
    Clarion 4-1 7-4 W5
    SRU 3-2 6-5 W3
    Gannon 3-2 3-8 L1
    UPJ 2-3 6-5 L3

Default Re: Psac women's standings - 12/27/2016

1st big game for PSAC WBB on Friday at EDINBORO as STAN SWANK'S 9-2 team takes on the undefeated, 2 time PSAC champion VULCANS at 5:30 in McComb Fieldhouse. Apparently only LIVE STATS and radio will be available which is a shame for such a good matchup.
    Next week on Tue 1/3 EDINBORO vs SHU in Greensburg and on Fri 1/6 MERCYHURST at CLARION.

The PSAC west WBB is going to be insane. There is at least one huge game every night. Teams will start to beat up on each other. And this is despite Gannon being rock-bottom. Imagine if the Lady Knights were strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden89 View Post
    The PSAC west WBB is going to be insane. There is at least one huge game every night. Teams will start to beat up on each other. And this is despite Gannon being rock-bottom. Imagine if the Lady Knights were strong.
    With rumors of more lady knights departing at seasons end, rock bottom may not have arrived just yet. Wake me when this nightmare is over

If LIVE STATS is correct, an oddity in tonights CALU/SRU WBB game is 2 Ts called on both teams. Doesn't seem like a slugfest with 13 fouls on the VULCANS and 21 on the LADY ROCKS. If anyone reading this post knows what transpired, please let us know. Final score CALU-96 SRU-65.

Rock women had 3 technicals in loss to IUP this past Friday night. Team is out of control.

WOMEN'S STANDINGS - 1/11/2017

EAST
    PSAC OVERALL STREAK
    Shippensburg 5-4 10-5 W5
    WCU 5-4 5-8 W1
    ESU 4-5 8-5 L2
    Millersville 4-5 6-8 W2
    Lock Haven 3-6 6-7 L1
    Kutztown 2-7 5-12 W1
    Mansfield 1-8 3-10 L1
    Cheyney 1-8 1-8 L2
    Bloomsburg 0-9 1-12 L9

WEST
    PSAC OVERALL STREAK
    Edinboro 9-0 13-2 W13
    IUP 9-0 11-2 W11
    California 8-1 14-1 W3
    Mercyhurst 8-1 13-2 L1
    Seton Hill 6-3 10-5 W2
    Clarion 6-3 9-6 L2
    SRU 4-5 7-8 L3
    Gannon 4-5 4-11 W1
    UPJ 2-7 6-9 L7

Gannon at Edinboro women tonight is not going to be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden89 View Post
    Gannon at Edinboro women tonight is not going to be pretty.
    Don't worry when mazzante becomes the next Gannon coach we will be back on top again.

She's going to be interesting and highly sought after ... I don't see her wanting to make a career in D2. With her name and background ... I'm seeing D2 as her 'feet wet' experience. I wouldn't doubt she moves up the food chain. I'd be shocked if she's back in Indiana next season. Bloomsburg should have had a limo parked outside of the KCAC when its job opened.

On the men's side I can say the same for IUP assistant Trey Woodall. He just seems to have the 'it' factor as a coach. He'll be on a D1 staff soon. He's officially the 'second' assistant under Joe but I've witnessed that to be true in title only. Talk about a high energy guy ... He'd be worth the risk in hiring for a D2 job right now.

Is the football coach up there getting any heat yet?

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Is the football coach up there getting any heat yet?
    No
    He should be given two years to see improvements. We have a team that will have the worst record at the hammermill in 40 years and possibly the worst overall record in 40 years. Never thought that was possible.

Mazzante and in my opinion, Wheeler from Edinboro definitely have the credentials to take over a program from what I've seen. Any other assistants on the women's side East or West that are ready for that jump?

Off the coaching topic but related to the women's game ...

I loosely follow it. I see IUP play a lot mainly because I go to the men's games. One thing that really sticks out to me on the women's side ... the disparity between the top and bottom of the league is just mind-blowing. You see the nightly scores ... blowout after blowout.

On the men's side, even the (record-wise) worst team, California, has played many close games and is capable on the right night of pulling out a big win. You don't see that on the women's side.

While following the men's side for 25 years or so ... Like I said, I've only ever loosely paid attention to this side. What do you 'experts' think the cause of such disparity in the women's game? There have been some just awful teams come through the KCAC this year already. Tom does a great job of not running up scores (and he's still won numerous by 20+ - and that's 'calling off the dogs').

Is this a fluke year and the first time I've noticed or has this been the norm?

Off the coaching topic but related to the women's game ...

I loosely follow it. I see IUP play a lot mainly because I go to the men's games. One thing that really sticks out to me on the women's side ... the disparity between the top and bottom of the league is just mind-blowing. You see the nightly scores ... blowout after blowout.

On the men's side, even the (record-wise) worst team, California, has played many close games and is capable on the right night of pulling out a big win. You don't see that on the women's side.

While following the men's side for 25 years or so ... Like I said, I've only ever loosely paid attention to this side. What do you 'experts' think the cause of such disparity in the women's game? There have been some just awful teams come through the KCAC this year already. Tom does a great job of not running up scores (and he's still won numerous by 20+ - and that's 'calling off the dogs').

Is this a fluke year and the first time I've noticed or has this been the norm?
    My guess is there is just a bigger pool of men to pick from. Probably millions of more boys play pickup games worldwide than women. Also, good players always want to win so talent piles into schools with winning tradition. Just like duke Kansas or Kentucky for d1 men.
    Changing topic
    Saturdays iup edinboro matchup is my early pick for the psac title game. The d1 center from umass will be the key imo. Cal has looked sloppy the two times I've seen them. I would be surprised if cal won the psac.

I agree. You can take a look at cal assistant but that's it. Wheeler probably a lock once swank retires.

I wouldn't count out the Cal ladies just yet -- despite the fact Edinboro beat them up pretty good. Round 2 down in the Mon Valley may look totally different.

They may have got a little laid back earlier. Some great teams need that first punch to the nose to wake up.

IUP has Edinboro tomorrow and Cal on Wednesday.

I wouldn't count out the Cal ladies just yet -- despite the fact Edinboro beat them up pretty good. Round 2 down in the Mon Valley may look totally different.

They may have got a little laid back earlier. Some great teams need that first punch to the nose to wake up.

IUP has Edinboro tomorrow and Cal on Wednesday.
    These are a couple of VERY IMPORTANT games for the IUP women. They've been on an incredible run of late and there is a lot to be proud of with it. But over the past bunch of years here they have had good teams then get completely clobbered by the likes of Boro and Cal. These are statement games here! If you want to be considered elite you absolutely need to show that you can win games like these.

My beef with the place is and always will be having ushers at every aisle stair yet I have to ask people to move from my seats EVERY GAME. This has been going on since the place opened. It's particularly bad on the benches side.

I think you've said before just making the lower bowl reserved. I'd even been fine making the whole place first come first serve. There's no point having reserved seats when it's a free for all anyway and the KCAC doesn't enforce anything.

I love the look you get from people, too, when you tell them to beat it. I actually enjoy it because I've done it about 80 straight home games.

And, yes, the $48 for a family of four (in the cheap seats) ... just to get in the door ... is amazingly awful. Attendance there is falling with each year. Not a coincidence.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-14-2017 at 11:22 AM.

My beef with the place is and always will be having ushers at every aisle stair yet I have to ask people to move from my seats EVERY GAME. This has been going on since the place opened. It's particularly bad on the benches side.

I think you've said before just making the lower bowl reserved. I'd even been fine making the whole place first come first serve. There's no point having reserved seats when it's a free for all anyway and the KCAC doesn't enforce anything.

I love the look you get from people, too, when you tell them to beat it. I actually enjoy it because I've done it about 80 straight home games.

And, yes, the $48 for a family of four (in the cheap seats) ... just to get in the door ... is amazingly awful. Attendance there is falling with each year. Not a coincidence.
    It is completely NUTS! I really have had my interest fall off quite a bit these past few years to be honest. The KCAC is very poorly managed when it comes to it being a basketball arena. The cost is absolutely absurd. I mean my goodness, we are paying the highest gasoline tax in the nation here in the Commonwealth. We have the Rodney Ruddock county-wide reassessment that was completely mishandled and botched at every turn that put A LOT of folks at a major disadvantage in terms of disposable income dollars. We now have the Dougie Steve bright idea of spending $32 million on a new grade school here in Indiana. I think that it is time to cut local folks a break here!

Yeah, $48 to get in the freakin' door for a family of four. What if they want to get a soda and something to eat. You're probably looking at close to an $80 bill to see a silly DII hoops game. Completely irresponsible of the folks who run the KCAC! We should mobilize an effort to keep folks out of the KCAC and shut the fockers down.

Seating is stupid. The battalion of ushers do very little. The place needs new management very badly. It sucks. I liked the Field House much better. It was about a basketball game and not all this other garbage.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast