Times have changed. The once-mighty West is hurting.
The West went 21-24 against the East this year so far. That hasn't happened in a long, long time.
The West is 49-41 overall to this point -- with 13 of the wins coming against either PSU-branches or other D3 opponents.
Some (low) highlights:
* California and Edinboro, two traditionally solid programs, are a combined 6-14 (1-9 vs the East).
* Mercyhurst lost at home to a then 0-10 Roberts Wesleyan
* Cal lost at home to a then winless Cheyney (Wolves' lone win so far)
* UPJ, a preseason 'buzz' team, lost to MEC bottom-feeder Urbana
* The lone 'signature' win so far would be IUP's win against Kutztown
This was kind of looking like a rebuilding year for the West as a whole. There were some major roster overhauls across the league. Add to it Seton Hill losing its top player to alleged academics and it's been a rough start.
On the positive, Slippery Rock is getting better (right on its normal schedule). Gannon appears to be back from the 2015-16 Dead. My guess is you see a lot of .500 records in West play.