Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - LSC Basketball

Contribute to D2

Default Re: OT - LSC Basketball

Last year, Midwest charged $9 per game. Overpriced compared to what other charging plus more schools are providing a free video stream.

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    That seems new...if I remember correctly last year it was a free stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Should be a down year for TSU Men's basketball, at this point it's hard to tell if he didn't just reload. Will ASU or WT be able to breakthrough?
    Maybe WT can breakthrough because ASU just got destroyed in a 32 point loss at home. TSU dominance continues.

Quote Originally Posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
    92-60 final... that "down year" Texan team wins again.
    That was an absolute beat down last night. We did not come ready to play and our offense completely disappeared. A lot of that has to do with the defense that Tarleton played. Credit to Tarleton as they were prepared to play and we were not.

Buffs played a subpar game at Wichita Falls last night. Midwestern shot well and defended Chavlovich especially well for 35 minutes. Our D did not keep MW out of the paint and WT shot the ball less well than they have been. We sorely miss Joe Prince. He was playing so well. Jared Walton is not able to replace Joe's production on both sides of the floor.

Hopefully, the guys will bounce back Sat in lawton.

That was an absolute beat down last night. We did not come ready to play and our offense completely disappeared. A lot of that has to do with the defense that Tarleton played. Credit to Tarleton as they were prepared to play and we were not.
    You guys will bounce back. It's hard coming out of Christmas break at any level and knowing exactly how you will respond. The height of the ASU squad is ridiculous by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
    You guys will bounce back. It's hard coming out of Christmas break at any level and knowing exactly how you will respond. The height of the ASU squad is ridiculous by the way.
    We do have a really tall, long team; however, we don't use the height very well. It appears that our offense was very stagnant last night. A lot of standing around watching. Coach Boone said that we had a terrible week of practice and that definitely bled over into the game. Hopefully we bounce back but that was not a great showing last night.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Buffs played a subpar game at Wichita Falls last night. Midwestern shot well and defended Chavlovich especially well for 35 minutes. Our D did not keep MW out of the paint and WT shot the ball less well than they have been. We sorely miss Joe Prince. He was playing so well. Jared Walton is not able to replace Joe's production on both sides of the floor.

Hopefully, the guys will bounce back Sat in lawton.
    Is he injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Is he injured?
    It might be a grades issue. I really don't know for sure and haven't asked anyone. Just the rumor I heard floating about. If it is, hopefully, he'll be back for the spring semester next year, if he takes care of business.

We really need him NOW.

It was interesting to see Chantz Chambers starring at Tarleton, ASU recruited him and he played a lot as a freshman and also was on the T&F team as a long jumper, and then disappeared. I believe it was grades related. Now he is the starting PG for Tarleton. His talent would have been nice to have, but IF (and a big IF) it was grades related, that is a big part of why ASU loses out on a lot of players. Not that they can't get in, but that they can't stay eligible here and then go play somewhere else in the conference.

It is grades. Hurts team big time.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    It might be a grades issue. I really don't know for sure and haven't asked anyone. Just the rumor I heard floating about. If it is, hopefully, he'll be back for the spring semester next year, if he takes care of business.

We really need him NOW.

It was interesting to see Chantz Chambers starring at Tarleton, ASU recruited him and he played a lot as a freshman and also was on the T&F team as a long jumper, and then disappeared. I believe it was grades related. Now he is the starting PG for Tarleton. His talent would have been nice to have, but IF (and a big IF) it was grades related, that is a big part of why ASU loses out on a lot of players. Not that they can't get in, but that they can't stay eligible here and then go play somewhere else in the conference.
    So, you think Angelo State is more competitive than other D2 schools academically speaking?

Or, could it be that the young man has matured and realizes that his opportunities may be running out ?

So, you think Angelo State is more competitive than other D2 schools academically speaking?
    NO was just saying that staying eligible at ASU is tough. I personally haven't attended any other universities, but I have many friends who have started out at bigger schools (read Big 12) and other LSC schools who have come here afterwards and says the course work is much more difficult than what they left. I have also had several coaches tell me directly that getting athletes eligible at ASU is tough. Have heard from coaches who have come from other LSC schools that says they can't recruit the same type of kid to ASU because they know they will stay eligible.

Or, could it be that the young man has matured and realizes that his opportunities may be running out ?
    I hope this is the case. This was not meant to be said in a detrimental way about Mr. Chambers. Just an observation of how talented he was on the basketball court, and how much better he would make our team.

Also for you Tarleton folks, is Nosa Ebomwanyi hurt or did he just get recruited over? It seems he played a lot more last year than he is this year? I remember him being a really good wing defender.

Also for you Tarleton folks, is Nosa Ebomwanyi hurt or did he just get recruited over? It seems he played a lot more last year than he is this year? I remember him being a really good wing defender.
    Nosa's playing time has gone down every year since he was a freshman. He is a very good defender but is struggling with his shot. He has good length for DII and the athletic ability to guard smaller and taller players.

Quote Originally Posted by TexanFan View Post
    Nosa's playing time has gone down every year since he was a freshman. He is a very good defender but is struggling with his shot. He has good length for DII and the athletic ability to guard smaller and taller players.
    I am also intrigued as how Tarleton gets so many freshman contributors that make it...seems like they have more than the rest of the league put together. Any insight? Saw there were a couple of freshman yesterday that made good contributions

The "freshmen" that contributed big last night are redshirt freshmen that came in last year and got a year of learning the system and experience on a Regional Championship team. These were big recruits in the State of Texas out of high school. Anthony Davis and Josh Hawley, Tarleton's two freshmen bigs, could have played at many smaller Division 1 schools but have a chance to win a championship at Tarleton and stay close to home. Kealon Clayborne is another redshirt freshman that has stepped up into the role as the back up point guard and is getting better every game. There is only 1 true freshman on the team and that is Brandon Willis, a point guard from Baltimore, Maryland. He came in last night and made a couple buckets late in the game. He will be fun to watch in the future after he gets some more experience under his belt. With Hawley, Davis, Clayborne, and Willis, this group could be great in the years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by TSUTexans View Post
    The "freshmen" that contributed big last night are redshirt freshmen that came in last year and got a year of learning the system and experience on a Regional Championship team. These were big recruits in the State of Texas out of high school. Anthony Davis and Josh Hawley, Tarleton's two freshmen bigs, could have played at many smaller Division 1 schools but have a chance to win a championship at Tarleton and stay close to home. Kealon Clayborne is another redshirt freshman that has stepped up into the role as the back up point guard and is getting better every game. There is only 1 true freshman on the team and that is Brandon Willis, a point guard from Baltimore, Maryland. He came in last night and made a couple buckets late in the game. He will be fun to watch in the future after he gets some more experience under his belt. With Hawley, Davis, Clayborne, and Willis, this group could be great in the years to come.
    Redshirt Freshman, in the LSC, I didn't know those existed! :)

NO was just saying that staying eligible at ASU is tough. I personally haven't attended any other universities, but I have many friends who have started out at bigger schools (read Big 12) and other LSC schools who have come here afterwards and says the course work is much more difficult than what they left. I have also had several coaches tell me directly that getting athletes eligible at ASU is tough. Have heard from coaches who have come from other LSC schools that says they can't recruit the same type of kid to ASU because they know they will stay eligible.
    I have a hard time believing the course work is any more difficult at ASU than the A&M affiliated LSC schools. FYI athletes who struggle academically can take on-line courses i.e. Florida International to stay eligible. Plus, ASU coaches like other schools know what professors to keep their players from. College GPA is as much taking the right professor as it is your knowledge and hard work.

I have a hard time believing the course work is any more difficult at ASU than the A&M affiliated LSC schools. FYI athletes who struggle academically can take on-line courses i.e. Florida International to stay eligible. Plus, ASU coaches like other schools know what professors to keep their players from. College GPA is as much taking the right professor as it is your knowledge and hard work.
    I'm just taking the words of the athletes that I personally know that have transferred from D1's and other LSC schools to ASU...everyone of them has said the coursework is much harder here.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast