Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1764

Thread: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Contribute to D2

Default Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bkingbroker View Post
    Yeah...I am sure USI was scared poopless on the thoughts of playing a team they smokes twice. I know your envious of USI but man the stuff you say is really bizarre. You all were 5 games over .500. You should be kissing the ground for getting an auto bid. Two games from now the season will end.
    They "smokes" KWC by an average of three runs this season. I will wait and see how they do in the Regional. I'm still proud of this Panther baseball team. Wesleyan is a small college, unlike USI.

Maybe, you fellers can get schnautza to set up your own message board once you go big time.

I'm all about peace and love now. We never know how many years we have left on this Earth.

Go Wesleyan!

Quote Originally Posted by bkingbroker View Post
    Yeah...I am sure USI was scared poopless on the thoughts of playing a team they smokes twice. I know your envious of USI but man the stuff you say is really bizarre. You all were 5 games over .500. You should be kissing the ground for getting an auto bid. Two games from now the season will end.
    You do know the games haven't been played yet. Maybe you should take your superior knowledge to Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesleyan62 View Post
    You do know the games haven't been played yet. Maybe you should take your superior knowledge to Vegas.
    Don't forget your password, my friend ☺

Good idea....I may take your advice on that.

Lost today, lickum tomorrow.

USI lost to St. Joseph's today. Wesleyan lost to the #1 seed. Wesleyan has a chance to win their game against Bellarmine.

It won't be easy, but the G-MAC had a competitive conference this season. Winning the conference tournament was tough. I'm not saying this scenario will happen, but KWC could win and USI could be put out tomorrow. There is quite a difference in St. Joseph's and Northwood.

Quote Originally Posted by alumnifan View Post
    USI lost to St. Joseph's today. Wesleyan lost to the #1 seed. Wesleyan has a chance to win their game against Bellarmine.

It won't be easy, but the G-MAC had a competitive conference this season. Winning the conference tournament was tough. I'm not saying this scenario will happen, but KWC could win and USI could be put out tomorrow. There is quite a difference in St. Joseph's and Northwood.
    I know Mens basketball somewhat, nothing about Men's baseball, and women's softball. I think it's great that both teams on the diamond won the conference and got into the NCAA tournament, but apparently the GMAC prepared the baseball and softball teams for the post season about as much as it did for the Men's basketball team

Quote Originally Posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
    I know Mens basketball somewhat, nothing about Men's baseball, and women's softball. I think it's great that both teams on the diamond won the conference and got into the NCAA tournament, but apparently the GMAC prepared the baseball and softball teams for the post season about as much as it did for the Men's basketball team
    Uh, KWC defeated Bellarmine this morning 10-2. USI is facing elimination, down 2-4 against Wayne State in the 7th inning.

Losing 4-2 means getting smoked??

I think I made my point. Beating Belermine is very good.

I think I made my point. Beating Bellarmine is very good.
    They beat them by 8 runs. The St. Joseph's/Quincy game is dragging out. In a way that is good because Wesleyan will have the fresher team no matter who wins that game. The last I checked St. Joe was up two runs, but they are running out of pitchers. I want KWC to play Quincy tomorrow, because Sam Williams was suspended in that 3 point loss in the basketball Regional.

I will repeat this fact. USI and Bell got eliminated.

Quincy has tied the game 8-8 in the bottom of the sixth. Wesleyan plays the loser. St. Joseph's looks to be running out of steam. I do not want KWC​ to play St. Joseph's tomorrow.

Fate is a funny or sad thing. It will probably go one way or the other. The author of that NCAA.com article stated that the Midwest Region has the best story lines. Northwood could get over confident. KWC has done well already, but this Panther baseball team has something special, and they are a fairly young squad.
    Last edited by alumnifan; 05-19-2017 at 10:46 PM.

Quincy wins 9-8. Wesleyan will play St. Joseph's tomorrow in
    an elimination game.
    Last edited by alumnifan; 05-19-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Wesleyan eliminates St Joe. Wayne St Sunday.

Alright

stop with the long post.

I wonder if KWC could play a much different style offensively than we have seen since Happy has been here. The recruiting class seems to contain several guards who have big time range and shoot many threes and at a high percentage. Since Happy has been at KWC we have been a team who drives to the rim almost exclusively. We have been in the bottom of the entire region for three point attempts per game. Is that just his system or was he doing that based on the players on the team?

I'll be interested to see how next year's team plays out in that regard. We traded twos for threes too often so being able to put a squad on the floor to keep pace on the perimeter could be an improvement. It'll be tough to replace Jacks and Bosley and I subjectively don't expect a better season without them considering the recruiting class. But, if we are a better perimeter team we could be dangerous if I want to be glass half full. Bell, Johnson, and Redix all have serious range which excites me as a fan. I still hope we have a big man waiting to sign too though. Our frontcourt is much too thin but I'm guessing the staff realizes that as well and we'll see a big man sign before all is said and done.

Smart post ...I think we may be year away from being really good.