Page 37 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: USI Eagles

Contribute to D2

Default Re: USI Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by schnautza View Post
    Could have hit 100 if we didn't hold the ball for the last 15 seconds. Good game by the eagles tonight. Next 5 games will be very important to secure the regional host.
    If USI goes 4-1 in their next 5 games, they will be home free to host the regional. It's either USI, Bellarmine or UW-Parkside as hosts the way I see it.

Well, and if USI goes 5-0 in their next 5 games, the people who are in charge of the PAC can start deciding how they will split the ticket allotments to the 8 regional schools that will be playing there. Hope they do a better job than UWP did last year.

We played really well tonight overall; shooting was lights out! Fun to watch when they are all on. I would like to see defense tighten up better as they allowed some easy penetration into the lane for easy baskets at times. RU was best competition at home thus far. Crowd was good tonight due to the free hot dogs and soup; maybe they need to do that for every home game!!

Hotels and their availability need to be addressed in Evansville. They have a lot of things coming into town usually in March, could be a problem if USI has not blocked off the required hotels. I would assume they have done so.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
    Hotels and their availability need to be addressed in Evansville. They have a lot of things coming into town usually in March, could be a problem if USI has not blocked off the required hotels. I would assume they have done so.
    Make that 5 posts now; can't help yourself can you. Now your providing your hotel expertise...geesh get a life bud. Stay on your kwc thread nobody here cares what you have to say.
    Last edited by glvcpro; 01-07-2017 at 07:33 PM.

There are plenty of hotels in Evansville.

Default USI Eagles

There are 32 hotels in Evansville. Only time u can't find a room is when the jehovah witness convention is in town.

Me and Taca Tica never have a problem finding a room.

(Cue the Keith sweat music)
    👅😜👌😋🤜👈🤘💋👠🙈🔥🍒🍼⚠️
    Last edited by Taco Tico; 01-07-2017 at 08:25 PM.

No wonder there was 2,000...chili and hot dogs...lol. I'm sure it was just another inflated number. Probably gave out a bunch of free tickets too. Stats seem pretty balanced...Washington seems to be the best of the recruits thus far. I didn't see anything for Dickson. Did he not play?

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideMafia View Post
    No wonder there was 2,000...chili and hot dogs...lol. I'm sure it was just another inflated number. Probably gave out a bunch of free tickets too. Stats seem pretty balanced...Washington seems to be the best of the recruits thus far. I didn't see anything for Dickson. Did he not play?

Concussion protocol.

Will usi move up? Since dec 20 last ranking....
    Angelo state lost 2
    St Thomas aquinas 4 straight losses
    West Texas A&M lost 1

I think the "sleeping" nationally on USI is a result of their schedule but you can only play and win who u play. The next three games, IMO, will determine if "people" think they are truly for real. At Truman, At Quincy and home to Bellarmine. Either way you slice it three tough outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Taco Tico View Post
    Will usi move up? Since dec 20 last ranking....
    Angelo state lost 2
    St Thomas aquinas 4 straight losses
    West Texas A&M lost 1
    NABC poll came out last week, but media poll did not, so likely a better rise coming in the media poll this week.

For the NABC poll, changes since last week:
    #5 Angelo state loses 2 (including #9 Tarleton)
    #6 Saginaw Valley loses 2
    #9 Tarleton State drops one after beating #5 Angelo
    #11 West Texas AM goes 1-1
    #12 Drury loses 2
    (We are #17, went 2-0)
    #18 Hawaii Pacific loses to #7 Cal Baptist and then wins one
    #20 Fort Lewis goes 1-1
    #22 Southwest Minn St goes 1-1
    #23 St Thomas Aquinas goes 1-1 to end their 4-game skid.

Several close overtime games in there as well where the ranked teams barely pulled out.
    In teams receiving votes, Arkansas Monticello, Pfeiffer, Eckerd, UT Permian Basin, Columbus State, and Montevallo all dropped one game, opening it up for KWC.

Fairmont, Wheeling Jesuit, and West Lib all have games today, and they may be close.

I will go out on a limb and predict a #10 Bellarmine, #14 Southern Indiana, #17 Saginaw Valley, #21 Quincy, #22 Drury, and #25 KWC in next week's NABC poll.
    Last edited by schnautza; 01-08-2017 at 10:32 AM.

NABC poll came out last week, but media poll did not, so likely a better rise coming in the media poll this week.

For the NABC poll, changes since last week:
    #5 Angelo state loses 2 (including #9 Tarleton)
    #6 Saginaw Valley loses 2
    #9 Tarleton State drops one after beating #5 Angelo
    #11 West Texas AM goes 1-1
    #12 Drury loses 2
    (We are #17, went 2-0)
    #18 Hawaii Pacific loses to #7 Cal Baptist and then wins one
    #20 Fort Lewis goes 1-1
    #22 Southwest Minn St goes 1-1
    #23 St Thomas Aquinas goes 1-1 to end their 4-game skid.

Several close overtime games in there as well where the ranked teams barely pulled out.
    In teams receiving votes, Arkansas Monticello, Pfeiffer, Eckerd, UT Permian Basin, Columbus State, and Montevallo all dropped one game, opening it up for KWC.

Fairmont, Wheeling Jesuit, and West Lib all have games today, and they may be close.

I will go out on a limb and predict a #10 Bellarmine, #14 Southern Indiana, #17 Saginaw Valley, #21 Quincy, #22 Drury, and #25 KWC in next week's NABC poll.
    I think Parkside will start getting some loving from the pollsters. May see Drury drop out and Parkside move up to the 20 or so spot.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    I think Parkside will start getting some loving from the pollsters. May see Drury drop out and Parkside move up to the 20 or so spot.
    I won't argue that they SHOULD move in around 20 (because they deserve it), but rarely do we see the NABC let teams jump in without sitting a week or two in the "receiving votes" purgatory.

I won't argue that they SHOULD move in around 20 (because they deserve it), but rarely do we see the NABC let teams jump in without sitting a week or two in the "receiving votes" purgatory.
    Yes but the road victory at Drury will turn some heads, although its impact was lessened a bit by Lewis beating Drury as well. The fact of the matter is even the pollsters are going to notice now. Parkside has been in the rankings a lot in the last 5 years plus they haven't loss since the first game of the season. If they are not in there, it will really prove the worthlessness of these polls.

Massey apparently thinks pretty highly of USI at this point with a #3 ranking. Wilson is quite the opposite with USI at #42.

As for Massey's predictions, they have us favored in every game except our final (@ Bellarmine).
    The next three games are 2, 3, and 4 point margins.

@ Truman 54%, 85-83
    @Quincy 60%, 85-82
    Bellarmine 64%, 78-74
    UWP 71%, 83-77
    Lewis 88%, 84-72
    @ SJC 94%, 101-83
    @UIndy 80%, 85-76
    S&T 97%, 97-75
    Drury 85%, 84-73
    @UMSL 87%, 81-69
    @Maryville 96%, 89-68
    UIS 97%, 93-69
    McKendree 98%, 98-74
    @Bellarmine 44%, 75-77

Personally, I don't think any of these games ought to be more than 80% confidence as we've seen anything can happen in conference play. But it sure would be nice to see these predicted results.

From the spreads of the two BU v. USI games, it is apparent that Massey is giving 3 additional points to the home team. Which is reasonable. The idea that USI is 71% favorite over Parkside is pretty silly, and probably points out the weakness of a purely mathematical model.

I couldnt agree more. This 3 game swing for both Bellarmine and USI is going to be critical. It also gives Quincy a golden opportunity to be in the hunt for a top seed.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    Yes but the road victory at Drury will turn some heads, although its impact was lessened a bit by Lewis beating Drury as well. The fact of the matter is even the pollsters are going to notice now. Parkside has been in the rankings a lot in the last 5 years plus they haven't loss since the first game of the season. If they are not in there, it will really prove the worthlessness of these polls.

Quote Originally Posted by bkingbroker View Post
    I couldnt agree more. This 3 game swing for both Bellarmine and USI is going to be critical. It also gives Quincy a golden opportunity to be in the hunt for a top seed.
    Yes this is the weekend where Quincy or USI could pull away from the pack (BU too but I think it is a fantasy for them to win all three.) USI wins all three they will only need to defend their home court the rest of the way (and not lose to an unexpected weaker opponent) except for the last game with BU which by then USI would have the top seed sewn up. Quincy would have some rough games against Parkside, Lewis, and Truman on the road so their path would not be quite as clear. I think Thursday night will be the big night. Quincy v. BU will show how good Quincy really is. Playing Truman will be the first real road test for USI.