Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: USI Eagles

Contribute to D2

Default Re: USI Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
    As usual, you are wrong. I looked back and they beat McKendree by about 40 points. Try again? USI fans = idiots.
    Do not assume that all USI fans feel the same way as a very vocal minority on this thread. Many of us are pleased with progress made so far this year and the make-up and depth on the roster. Not dissatisfied with Watson. Would like to see more consistency year-in and year-out and return to tournament success, yes. Not all USI fans think the program is headed in the wrong direction so don't lump us in with those who do. Sure is fun to see the vocal minority struggle to keep up the same tired arguments in an undefeated (so far) season!

Quote Originally Posted by schnautza View Post
    Can't decide if Kyle Aiton is a man or machine. He doesn't hesitate on his 3's and consistently sinks them straight off of the pass.
    Aiton = zonebuster. Every team needs one of these gunners on their bench.

Quote Originally Posted by USI!USI! View Post
    Do not assume that all USI fans feel the same way as a very vocal minority on this thread. Many of us are pleased with progress made so far this year and the make-up and depth on the roster. Not dissatisfied with Watson. Would like to see more consistency year-in and year-out and return to tournament success, yes. Not all USI fans think the program is headed in the wrong direction so don't lump us in with those who do. Sure is fun to see the vocal minority struggle to keep up the same tired arguments in an undefeated (so far) season!
    I know that. It's your same three or four detractors who all have a personal grudge against Watson and the USI AD. They are pretty quiet today I notice. USI is having a great season. From a KWC fans perspective I can tell you I want to play USI again in the regional, but I also respect what the players and coaches over there in Evansville are putting together this season. KWC is having a great year as well, but USI being unbeaten this late in the season is worthy of respect. But they will complain the crowds are too low since they can't get on his coaching!

I know that. It's your same three or four detractors who all have a personal grudge against Watson and the USI AD. They are pretty quiet today I notice. USI is having a great season. From a KWC fans perspective I can tell you I want to play USI again in the regional, but I also respect what the players and coaches over there in Evansville are putting together this season. KWC is having a great year as well, but USI being unbeaten this late in the season is worthy of respect. But they will complain the crowds are too low since they can't get on his coaching!
    Bill Jewell. Woo hoo. Relatively New to D2 and up to 5.5 scholarships. Let me know when HoTWoD gets out the first rd of NCAA.
    Like Duke trash talking after going 13-0 vs SWAC and MEAC and a couple D3's.

Offensively this team has a lot of weapons. Last night defensively we took a step back as WJ had great looks all night. Love the new GLVSN app that rolled out. Rockhurst game Thursday will give the team a good chance to button up the perimeter defense.

I totally agree. 13-0 is nice but we haven't beaten anyone good up to this point. Offensively we may be the best team in the country, however defensively we haven't played a good offensive team to this point. Especially a very disciplined team like we will see against Bellarmine and a couple of other teams. I like that we are finally pushing the ball, I've been waiting 9 years to get out of the half-court sets that Watson wants to run. If we are still undefeated after next weeks road swing I will be a believer.

Quote Originally Posted by bkingbroker View Post
    Offensively this team has a lot of weapons. Last night defensively we took a step back as WJ had great looks all night. Love the new GLVSN app that rolled out. Rockhurst game Thursday will give the team a good chance to button up the perimeter defense.

Quote Originally Posted by USI!USI! View Post
    Only thing that is struggling is Watson's post season record...yes I hope they go all the way this year. What will you have to say if he busts again first round?? And did you forget they haven't even made it the past two years. They're not tiring arguments at all unless YOU are satisfied with the status quo which IS non existent post season UNTIL he changes that. Will this be the year??? We SHALL see!!! If not you and others need to reexamine what you consider to be success.

Quote Originally Posted by glvcpro View Post
    Only thing that is struggling is Watson's post season record...yes I hope they go all the way this year. What will you have to say if he busts again first round?? And did you forget they haven't even made it the past two years. They're not tiring arguments at all unless YOU are satisfied with the status quo which IS non existent post season UNTIL he changes that. Will this be the year??? We SHALL see!!! If not you and others need to reexamine what you consider to be success.
    You are such an entitled crybaby buffoon. USI is unbeaten and all you do is cry. Success is winning a lot of games. Only one team gets to win the national championship. It takes a great program like KWC to have multiple national championships. USI never was, is not, and will never be a national brand when it comes to men's basketball. Pearl got you there for a year or two. You will never be there again. But keep on shedding those tears about being unbeaten. HAHAHAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideMafia View Post
    I totally agree. 13-0 is nice but we haven't beaten anyone good up to this point. Offensively we may be the best team in the country, however defensively we haven't played a good offensive team to this point. Especially a very disciplined team like we will see against Bellarmine and a couple of other teams. I like that we are finally pushing the ball, I've been waiting 9 years to get out of the half-court sets that Watson wants to run. If we are still undefeated after next weeks road swing I will be a believer.
    No i think this team is really good and even if they drop one I still think they'll have a great year. I think what is to come from this post season is very important, can he get the monkey off his back or will he bust again to prove he is not capable of propelling this program??? If this team does not win some post season games admin must step in and do something or risk the humiliation and lose the rest of support.

You are such an entitled crybaby buffoon. USI is unbeaten and all you do is cry. Success is winning a lot of games. Only one team gets to win the national championship. It takes a great program like KWC to have multiple national championships. USI never was, is not, and will never be a national brand when it comes to men's basketball. Pearl got you there for a year or two. You will never be there again. But keep on shedding those tears about being unbeaten. HAHAHAHA.
    When people can't spin the facts to win an argument they just stomp their feet and call people juvenile names like children.

Quote Originally Posted by Taco Tico View Post
    Thats hilarious tico

I'm outta chimichangas and NASCAR cologne

I see USI rolled over Rockhurst. How long till the complainers claiming to be USI fans hit this board whining about being 14-0? I saw they almost hit 100 points as well. That's a team on a mission. KWC's loss to USI looks better all the time.

I see USI had over 2,000 fans at their game. I guess that means the complainers have one less thing to cry about tonight.

Could have hit 100 if we didn't hold the ball for the last 15 seconds. Good game by the eagles tonight. Next 5 games will be very important to secure the regional host.

For most of the game USI played very well. There was a ten minute stretch at the beginning of the second half where we could have played better, but overall a very convincing win today. Taylor, again today, was the star of the game. I personally liked the minutes played by Carter Davis against another seven footer. He wasn't intimidated, blocked a couple of shots and hit his free throws; and also a terrific lob dunk from Stein! Speaking of Stein, he was in foul trouble and sat at least half the game, but came up big in the last ten minutes. Most impressed with our defense and shooting. Taylor, if he maintains his composure, could be the GLVC Player of the Year!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWhip View Post
    For most of the game USI played very well. There was a ten minute stretch at the beginning of the second half where we could have played better, but overall a very convincing win today. Taylor, again today, was the star of the game. I personally liked the minutes played by Carter Davis against another seven footer. He wasn't intimidated, blocked a couple of shots and hit his free throws; and also a terrific lob dunk from Stein! Speaking of Stein, he was in foul trouble and sat at least half the game, but came up big in the last ten minutes. Most impressed with our defense and shooting. Taylor, if he maintains his composure, could be the GLVC Player of the Year!
    Taylor and Stein both have a chance at being GLVC player of the year. Such a fun team to watch right now. Keep it rolling Eagles!

Small lineup in the 2nd half was fun to watch. This Washington kid is really playing well. Getting to the point where how do you keep him out of the starting lineup. Looking forward to a very important week next week.

I see USI had over 2,000 fans at their game. I guess that means the complainers have one less thing to cry about tonight.
    I see you couldn't wait to comment twice on the USI win, wonder why that is!!!