Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: USI Eagles

Hybrid View

Default USI Eagles

I'm looking forward to my 40th year of following the Eagles!

Default Re: USI Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWhip View Post
    And 3rd consecutive year going undefeated in the NCAA tourney!

This will be my 31st year of USI basketball! Watched some great players over the years, Stephen Jackson, Chris Bowles, Julian Hall, Robin Clark, Duron Hebron, Ilo Mutombo, Kimon Green a few of my favorite Eagles of all-time. Looking forward to seeing Alex Stein and Bobo Drummond becoming the GLVC's top backcourt this season!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPride View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Alex Stein and Bobo Drummond becoming the GLVC's top backcourt this season!
    If they are, the conference is down.

Quote Originally Posted by DUPanther View Post
    Not at all. Stein is a tremendous scorer and shooter, Drummond is arguably the top playmaker in the GLVC. USI also adds a very good JUCO guard who will provide depth and scoring. We must replace T.J. Tisdell inside, big loss and unexpected. But he had family issues that had to be dealt with and I understand his decision to not return. I still think USI will be a 20-game winner this season and get to the NCAA Tournament!

Quote Originally Posted by DUPanther View Post
    Sounds like profile created by a Hot Wod surrogate to counter criticism of his piss poor performance.

What is your all time starting five?

SF - Stan 'The Man' Gouard
    PF - Randy Holbrook
    C - Chris Bowles
    SG - Stephen Jackson
    PG - Marc Hostetter

I've already renewed my season tickets! Can't wait to see the team this season! I have a great feeling this is going to be a memorable season with Stein becoming the GLVC's top guard. Looks like we have some very good newcomers, this is going to be fun!

SG Benning
    C Roshell
    PG Binkmyer
    SF lasme
    PF Andu

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
    SG Benning
    C Roshell
    PG Binkmyer
    SF lasme
    PF Andu

What about wacey hall?

Any all time starting 5 that does not include Jamar Smith is a joke.

Stein is a stud. I'm looking forward to what he will do over his career at USI.

Quote Originally Posted by Canary3 View Post
    Any all time starting 5 that does not include Jamar Smith is a joke.

Stein is a stud. I'm looking forward to what he will do over his career at USI.
    Agreed.

USI backcourt will certainly be one of the best, if not the best, in the league. Not so sure about the rest of the team, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmoves View Post
    Agreed.

USI backcourt will certainly be one of the best, if not the best, in the league. Not so sure about the rest of the team, however.
    Stein and BObo will be one of the best if not the best backcourt. It really depends on how we define backcourt. If it is the traditional two guard backcourt then yes USI may well be the best, but nowadays there is seldom just two guards in the lineup. Look at BU's roster, they list 9 guards, 5 forwards and 1 center(which is unusual as they don't normally list anybody as a center only.) They will have at least 3 guards in the lineup at all times. If we only judge on two of those guards and one happens to be Troutman then he alone makes the "backcourt" one of the best in the conference. Throw in Al Davis who is no slouch I think BU is better when just comparing the 2 guards. Now of course, if I was arguing for Stein and Bobo, I would point out that in the traditional sense Troutman is more like a small forward and thus would not qualify as a "backcourt" player. I think there are several other teams as well that if you include their small forward/swingman in the mix (mainly because they are almost always listed as 'guards') they could argue they have a better backcourt. But in the traditional, classic meaning of Backcourt, I think USI has the strongest argument.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    Stein and BObo will be one of the best if not the best backcourt. It really depends on how we define backcourt. If it is the traditional two guard backcourt then yes USI may well be the best, but nowadays there is seldom just two guards in the lineup. Look at BU's roster, they list 9 guards, 5 forwards and 1 center(which is unusual as they don't normally list anybody as a center only.) They will have at least 3 guards in the lineup at all times. If we only judge on two of those guards and one happens to be Troutman then he alone makes the "backcourt" one of the best in the conference. Throw in Al Davis who is no slouch I think BU is better when just comparing the 2 guards. Now of course, if I was arguing for Stein and Bobo, I would point out that in the traditional sense Troutman is more like a small forward and thus would not qualify as a "backcourt" player. I think there are several other teams as well that if you include their small forward/swingman in the mix (mainly because they are almost always listed as 'guards') they could argue they have a better backcourt. But in the traditional, classic meaning of Backcourt, I think USI has the strongest argument.
    Stein and Drummond will be extremely difficult for other GLVC teams to defend. Drummons is super quick and gets to the basket like few guards in Division II. Stein is a great shooter and fearless at attacking the rim. He is also a very good free-throw shooter. Add Jeril Taylor, a big guard and also a good scorer, and JUCO addition Kyle Aiton (sat out as redshirt last year) and it looks like USI is loaded in the backcourt. Now, I admit concern about the inside game. Losing T.J. Tisdell hurts, I'm not sure how quickly Julius Rajala will adjust to USI's style of play. DayJar Dickson is the key inside. He's big, very strong, good rebounder. Can he score? We will find out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmoves View Post
    Agreed.

Jamar was truly a great player at USI and I struggled leaving him off my five. I went by position and both Jamar and Stephen were scoring guards. My final decision was based upon the fact that Stephen is USI's all time leading scorer, was all GLVC multiple years and, like Jamar, was the focal point of the offense. Would I take both....Hel! yes! I also struggled leaving off Randy Curl a dominant center in our early years, Ilo Mutumbo another dominant center and Spider Rowser probably our first true star>

Jamar was truly a great player at USI and I struggled leaving him off my five. I went by position and both Jamar and Stephen were scoring guards. My final decision was based upon the fact that Stephen is USI's all time leading scorer, was all GLVC multiple years and, like Jamar, was the focal point of the offense. Would I take both....Hel! yes! I also struggled leaving off Randy Curl a dominant center in our early years, Ilo Mutumbo another dominant center and Spider Rowser probably our first true star>
    I put Jamar as honorable mention, just because he played one year. Stephen Jackson was a great player all four years. I also had a hard time not putting Ilo Mutumbo on my all-time starting five at center, his blocks and rebounding were impossible to overlook. Same with Robin Clark, possibly the best all-around guard at USI and a great player in the late 80s/early 90s.

Good to see a lot of long time fans like me on here! I went to my first games in 1976....my freshman year! I was amazed by the speed and athleticism of the players. I am still a huge fan and feel like we have all the components this year to go as far as any team in the league. Go Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
    Good to see a lot of long time fans like me on here! I went to my first games in 1976....my freshman year! I was amazed by the speed and athleticism of the players. I am still a huge fan and feel like we have all the components this year to go as far as any team in the league. Go Eagles!
    Welcome to the party, pal! I've been a USI ticket holder since 1985 and can't wait for the season to begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
    Further proof this guy isn't a 35 yr fan but a Phony.

His reason for jamar being HM is because he played one year?
    You mean only one season under yo daddy HoTWoD.
    Lol! You are calling him a phony? What about the guy posting using another name to remain incognito? Who do you think you are fooling?

Quote Originally Posted by crazznewt View Post
    Lol! You are calling him a phony? What about the guy posting using another name to remain incognito? Who do you think you are fooling?
    He is either Herdes or Hostetter. They are both bitter. He could also be Herdes' wife, Ms. Starch Madness. lol I know more USI basketball than he can even imagine.

Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast