Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Battle of the Ravine

Contribute to D2

Default The Battle of the Ravine

This will be the most exciting game of the year in Arkadelphia, A game that brings the entire community together for fun, food, games and entertainment. Two schools literally across the street from each other. OBU will actually walk across the street to HSU's field. HSU has a target on their back and OBU would love nothing better then to end HSU's win streak. Forget the win/loss column this game is pride and bragging rights.

Default Re: The Battle of the Ravine

This game is usually one that is not predictable due to the emotional aspect. This year, however, HSU is better than they have ever been and will be too much for OBU to handle.

HSU by 17 at least.

Rivalry game! Last year's conference champ vs. this year's conference champ. OBU will mix-it-up, but can't slow the Reddie's offense much! I think the Reddie's take it 48-23. Let's mix-it-up!
    Last edited by philosopherreddie; 11-05-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Last year's 2011 game was a thriller, just a reminder on how it went down.

Quote Originally Posted by A FAN HSU View Post
    Last year's 2011 game was a thriller, just a reminder on how it went down.

THat's a very impressive video. Very intense..... I bet that was a fun game to watch no matter what side of the street you are from. Is there stuff to do on friday night and saturday after the game or is it just a football game. Someone explain how this works. Would it be worth while to come down and watch?

This will be the most exciting game of the year in Arkadelphia, A game that brings the entire community together for fun, food, games and entertainment. Two schools literally across the street from each other. OBU will actually walk across the street to HSU's field. HSU has a target on their back and OBU would love nothing better then to end HSU's win streak. Forget the win/loss column this game is pride and bragging rights.
    . It is cool when they literally line-up and walk across the street and up the hill! HSU is too strong this year, but there have been many examples of teams a bit down upsetting their championship contender rivals at season's end and really saving their season. Last year, OBU won the champ, but how about this game?

Keep Ty Towers brother Zack in your prayers too, as well as their family! Tough deal, but he is now showing improvement. Football is just a game!

Quote Originally Posted by muscle bound freak View Post
    THat's a very impressive video. Very intense..... I bet that was a fun game to watch no matter what side of the street you are from. Is there stuff to do on friday night and saturday after the game or is it just a football game. Someone explain how this works. Would it be worth while to come down and watch?
    They normally have a weekend agenda on what's going on around town. But i don't see one posted, this is the only thing i could find hope it helps.

Last edited by A FAN HSU; 11-07-2012 at 07:02 PM.

OBU at #8/#11 HSU

Look for the Reddies to be focus and determine to close the season with a win. A perfect season would end it on a high and give us a bye for playoffs. The Reddies will come out strong and never look back.

GO REDDIES!
    Last edited by A FAN HSU; 11-08-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Where are all of the OBU fans? There has to be a little bit of smack talk on this game? C'mon man!

What does everyone think the attendance will be for this one? It's supposed to be a beautiful 75 degree day. I am looking for around 10,000.

This will be my first "Battle of the Ravine", but I am looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by NewReddie View Post
    What does everyone think the attendance will be for this one? It's supposed to be a beautiful 75 degree day. I am looking for around 10,000.
    I predict 9500 in the stadium. Another 1000 that never leave the tailgate.

Quote Originally Posted by NewReddie View Post
    I know the majority will be HSU fan's, look for HSU side to be completely full including the hill. It's amazing how many people will support when you have a winning season. With the 3 game losing streak don't know if the OBU side will be full. They might disappear like our OBU posters.

Top 5 Crowds at HSU:
    1996 Attn. 10,691 vs OBU
    1975 Attn. 9664 vs OBU
    2010 Attn. 9653 vs OBU
    2000 Attn. 9600 vs OBU
    2008 Attn. 9537 vs UA-Pine Bluff

The oldest rivalry among D-II schools, but there were long periods of no play in the Baptist-Methodist rivalry! Impressive the 1975 game is #2 on the list...21-20 final that year!

I know the majority will be HSU fan's, look for HSU side to be completely full including the hill. It's amazing how many people will support when you have a winning season. With the 3 game losing streak don't know if the OBU side will be full. They might disappear like our OBU posters.

Top 5 Crowds at HSU:
    1996 Attn. 10,691 vs OBU
    1975 Attn. 9664 vs OBU
    2010 Attn. 9653 vs OBU
    2000 Attn. 9600 vs OBU
    2008 Attn. 9537 vs UA-Pine Bluff
    I truly believe the support will be outstanding this weekend. I am expecting either #1 or #2 on the list. I would be shocked otherwise, we really need at least 2,500 on the visitors side however, so we will see. I can't wait, GO REDDIES!!!

I think most of the OBU fans have gone into hiding, I would like to see it, but would be shocked if there was more than last year

Henderson strikes first. Drove right down the field.

7-0 HSU

No shutout today! (It's the small victories).

21-7 hsu with 9 mins left before the half.

Henderson looks very impressive, I will give credit where it is do. I don't like the reddies but I will say HSU is a very disciplined, talented and well coached team gonna be tough for anybody.

But still, GO TIGERS!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast