Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: UIndy In-season

Contribute to D2

Default Re: UIndy In-season

Quote Originally Posted by UIndyFootball View Post
    We see it as a big game for GLVC football, too. It would be great to send two teams, but at least one with the chance to knock off and shut up an in-region GLIAC foe would set the stage for a successful season!
    hey now....not that long ago you were one of us....which means you know about the quality of play in the conference...and you also know that we will never shut up

Quote Originally Posted by dvaara View Post
    notre dame is leaving...why dont you guys come back
    Contrary to what you might have read, we were going to have no choice in the matter -- GLVC by laws stipulate we play GLVC football when enough teams get lined up. UIndy admin folks thought it best to approach it professionally rather than drag our feet. We looked for the positives of our departure rather than focusing on the negatives.

That said, what made it easy for us to leave ship was that the GLIAC treated us like a second-class citizen -- the farthest south team placed in the northern division, no link to our school on the football page, statistical leaders snubbed for all-conference accolades, etc. Although that last year we did have the only guy selected for two positions on the first team all GLIAC (Forney) and our quarterback was selected offensive player of the year (Mills) when only a sophomore. But there were numerous stories and incidents. Today I heard another one where a few years back the GLIAC elite almost forgot about us (and Findlay) entirely in a football-related decision.

Thank you for the invite though. That's mighty neighborly!

Congrats to the UIndy Greyhounds on a convincing win over Delta State 33-18
    !!!! One game at a time each being its own national championship. Next up Urbana, time to win the conference outright.
    Last edited by greyhound; 11-04-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound View Post
    Congrats to the UIndy Greyhounds on a convincing win over Delta State 33-18
    !!!! One game at a time each being its own national championship. Next up Urbana, time to win the conference outright.
    Yep. Don't look past Urbana on the road. They might be our toughest test outside of Ashy and Delta State.

Quote Originally Posted by michiganfb View Post
    Yep. Don't look past Urbana on the road. They might be our toughest test outside of Ashy and Delta State.
    Don't take Urbana llightly, they could ruin the party. Having said that, good luck in the playoffs. You guys deserve to be there, I don't care what the GLIAC board thinks. You guys are the class of this young conference. Next year Truman joins and they may be your best completion. I really think all the teams will get better over the next few years.

Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodak View Post
    Don't take Urbana llightly, they could ruin the party. Having said that, good luck in the playoffs. You guys deserve to be there, I don't care what the GLIAC board thinks. You guys are the class of this young conference. Next year Truman joins and they may be your best completion. I really think all the teams will get better over the next few years.

Congrats.
    Thanks for the well wishes. Feeling bummed that UIndy lost its home playoff game at the moment. A win at Urbana will fix that.

I just hope we take care of business. Our last 2 trips to Ohio haven't been very fun (OHD last year and Ashland). Hopefully the team comes out fired up. I know the school is sponsoring a bus to take fans. I believe it's free includes a ticket and food courtesy of Coach Bart. The ticket part has been seen some places but I've also seen you have to buy you tickets either way not a bad deal. Hopefully the Hounds fans travel in droves.

I also agree that if we are able to beat Urbana is pushes us back above Midwestern State in the SOS category.

Quote Originally Posted by UIndy85 View Post
    I just hope we take care of business. Our last 2 trips to Ohio haven't been very fun (OHD last year and Ashland). Hopefully the team comes out fired up. I know the school is sponsoring a bus to take fans. I believe it's free includes a ticket and food courtesy of Coach Bart. The ticket part has been seen some places but I've also seen you have to buy you tickets either way not a bad deal. Hopefully the Hounds fans travel in droves.

I also agree that if we are able to beat Urbana is pushes us back above Midwestern State in the SOS category.
    Right. Urbana is a good team.

Don't know how well we'll travel in cold weather. We had near a thousand at Ashland. Maybe just over. I counted 'em!

After looking over the roster I'd say we have to make some noise this year. Next year we lose A LOT! 2012 Seniors:

I think we will travel pretty well. UIndy is providing a fan bus to students and friends for free. It includes Donuts on the way there with Pizza on the way back. Bought by Coach Bart. The Football players seem to think a lot of their friends will be on the bus. Hopefully we get 2 or 3 bus loads. Wouldn't that be fantastic.

I think we will travel pretty well. UIndy is providing a fan bus to students and friends for free. It includes Donuts on the way there with Pizza on the way back. Bought by Coach Bart. The Football players seem to think a lot of their friends will be on the bus. Hopefully we get 2 or 3 bus loads. Wouldn't that be fantastic.
    At least two buses going to Urbana...one for Greyhound Club members and the other for student fans.

After looking over the roster I'd say we have to make some noise this year. Next year we lose A LOT! 2012 Seniors:
    In that picture are numerous 2011 All-Gliac honorees...
    WR - 'Quone (back left #86), OT - Britner (third row center), LB - Davis (front with ball), DT - Jordan (back left), OT - Mansaray (center #74), and OG - Mason (second row #67).

Quote Originally Posted by UIndyFootball View Post
    In that picture are numerous 2011 All-Gliac honorees...
    WR - 'Quone (back left #86), OT - Britner (third row center), LB - Davis (front with ball), DT - Jordan (back left), OT - Mansaray (center #74), and OG - Mason (second row #67).
    DT/DE Jovonne Jordan is back right. our right.

Not pictured our second team ALL-GLIAC RB Fiechter who was just a soph last year. And Mills was just a soph too. And GLIAC offensive player of the year. Funny he was the coaches offensive best pick in the GLIAC but probably won't be in the GLVC!

And injury updates? Getting Britner back will be huge. Get it?! (he's huge!)

Mills might be selected again. Urbana's coaching staff hasn't made any friends with the way they've run up the score. We just have to make sure we get the W.

We have got to put opponents away though. We were up 24-6, We go 3 and out with 3 runs which the run game was struggling against Delta State. They get the ball back drive down score. To make the game 24-12. We then go 3 and out again with 3 runs. They drive down score again. 24-18. Finally, we come out throwing again and March down the field and score. We have got to start doing what works for an entire game. There's no doubt Klay has had a heck of a season, but our team is not designed to run the ball downs people's throats. Last year in the GLIAC we weren't able to. We've got to keep attacking until the clock reads 0:00 it helps our offense play better and our defense plays better. If we go conservative this week or in the playoffs seasons over.

Mills might be selected again. Urbana's coaching staff hasn't made any friends with the way they've run up the score. We just have to make sure we get the W.

We have got to put opponents away though. We were up 24-6, We go 3 and out with 3 runs which the run game was struggling against Delta State. They get the ball back drive down score. To make the game 24-12. We then go 3 and out again with 3 runs. They drive down score again. 24-18. Finally, we come out throwing again and March down the field and score. We have got to start doing what works for an entire game. There's no doubt Klay has had a heck of a season, but our team is not designed to run the ball downs people's throats. Last year in the GLIAC we weren't able to. We've got to keep attacking until the clock reads 0:00 it helps our offense play better and our defense plays better. If we go conservative this week or in the playoffs seasons over.
    This is what happens when you start playing not to lose instead of playing to win and win big. I seen the same thing with the consecutive runs. I heard through the rumor mill that Coach Bart made it clear to start throwing again ! And what happens we drive right down and score. Then it lossened up and Klay breaks a long one off for a score. Play balanced and good things happen......

Trying to burn the clock by running the ball? And maybe trying to work on run blocking because we definitely are a good pass blocking team. Only one sack vs. Ashland, Western Illinois, Delta, and S&T combined. That's impressive as much as we pass. Nice that we're getting deeper on the OL this late in the year. Ironic that our RB was named a Harlon Hill candidate.

Trying to burn the clock by running the ball? And maybe trying to work on run blocking because we definitely are a good pass blocking team. Only one sack vs. Ashland, Western Illinois, Delta, and S&T combined. That's impressive as much as we pass. Nice that we're getting deeper on the OL this late in the year. Ironic that our RB was named a Harlon Hill candidate.
    There is no doubt that running the ball will burn the clock but at 10 minutes to go is a little early. I can see running it but not 6 in a row if they are loading the box with 8 or 9. If your dead set on running it spread it out and run drawl or , qb playaction keep, short passing game and let guys run in space, but zone and iso with that many in the box doesnt get first downs.

2 4th quarter drives to win. Gutsy performance today by the hounds. On to the playoffs!!!!

2 4th quarter drives to win. Gutsy performance today by the hounds. On to the playoffs!!!!
    Playoff bid viewing party tomorrow at 5:00 pm in Schwitzer Center. Bookstore re-opened at 5:30 this afternoon to sell Conference Champs t-shirts. Great fan turnout of UIndy fans in Ohio today! Notice the cardinal and grey at each end of the stadium...

'Quone pictured with former NFLer Dick Nyers who played with Bart Starr and returned kickoffs for the Baltimore Colts... The 57 year old record for career UIndy TD receptions changed hands this year and Greyhound legend Nyers made the trip north to congratulate Marquone Edmonds in person.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast