Thread: Upper Iowa Basketball 2012/13

Contribute to D2

Default Upper Iowa Basketball 2012/13

Here's another addition to the recruiting class.

Now the question for NSIC basketball aficionados on this site is, how bad is this pickup for the Peacocks?

http://www.upperiowaathletics.com/ne...411124804.aspx

Default Re: Upper Iowa Basketball 2012/13

Quote Originally Posted by Herdman View Post

Now the question for NSIC basketball aficionados on this site is, how bad is this pickup for the Peacocks?

I guess I'm a little confused by this. Are you saying "bad" sarcastically because so many posters on here are generally down on UIU basketball or do you actually think he's not that good?

I don't know much about Iowa high school basketball, but as far as I'm concerned, 23ppg and 9rpg are solid statistics for anyone and he seems like a solid get for the Peacocks. Plus, being named All-State First Team after his junior and senior years must mean other people think he's pretty good too.

Just my thoughts though.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    I guess I'm a little confused by this. Are you saying "bad" sarcastically because so many posters on here are generally down on UIU basketball or do you actually think he's not that good?

I don't know much about Iowa high school basketball, but as far as I'm concerned, 23ppg and 9rpg are solid statistics for anyone and he seems like a solid get for the Peacocks. Plus, being named All-State First Team after his junior and senior years must mean other people think he's pretty good too.

Just my thoughts though.
    I would agree with MrAugustana on this.

Hah, Dolan will find some way to pi$$ the kids talent away. When is the last time he actually turned out anyone good in that progrum. Maybe if he worried a little less about writing letters to the league complaining about other peoples progrums and tried improving his own, Upper would be a team to get concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post

Just my thoughts though.
    Yes.

I agree.

Additionally, there are a lot of Iowa kids playing in the NSIC in all sports.

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Hah, Dolan will find some way to pi$$ the kids talent away. When is the last time he actually turned out anyone good in that progrum. Maybe if he worried a little less about writing letters to the league complaining about other peoples progrums and tried improving his own, Upper would be a team to get concerned about.
    It must be great being able to playing both sides of the fence while holding others to a much different standard than you have for yourself.

Please, please explain that one. You've lost me with your half-a$$ed attempt at defending him. Really, please give me some idea of where you're trying to go on this one, and I can give you my explanation.
    Last edited by simple as a $3 bill; 04-15-2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: cuz Brian Dolan is a whiny little baby

Please, please explain that one. You've lost me with your half-a$$ed attempt at defending him. Really, please give me some idea of where you're trying to go on this one, and I can give you my explanation.
    I'm not defending him at all. All I'm saying is it must be nice for you to be able to play on both sides of the fence.
    You have inside access to officials and staff of a university athletic department and officials and staff of the conference that university is a member.
    Then, you get to go to games as "fan" of that team and publicly throw around comments for all ears to hear, but in a very direct personal way about what the conference/university officials and staff should have kept as a private matter. Yet, you get to go personal and if someone says something back, you get protected from the university's staff. That's very manly of you. It's good that the skirts at St. Cloud State are big enough to cover you.
    Last edited by Herdman; 04-15-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Guys - Realistically who would want Dolan's job? For the resources he has and the location it's not a good situation. For what he has I think he does a great job. I don't think anyone is making that job into a NSIC powerhouse anytime soon.

Okay, you really don't know me if thats how you think I operate. I would never repeat at a game any tidbit I was given by a staff member. That is a great way to stop people from talking to you about anything other than the weather. The things that I throw out at someone are things that are either public knowledge i.e., they transferred, got in trouble with the law, or caused their school to forfeit some games or other pieces of info that can be picked up via a little research.
    I got the info that some sort of letter was out there from another member of this board who follows a different team. That person told me they heard a letter was out there and I thought I'd throw it out there and see if it stuck. I learned rather quickly that it was a valid point. And as far as getting protected by the SCSU staff, most of them know me and know how I am at games and they also know that I don't swear or get vulgar at games when I get on someone. And when they heard what I said that got that weanie assistant Keven(no I didn't misspell it) Bradleys shorts in a bunch, all they could do was chuckle. It was asinine for him to expect a fan to be ejected for telling a coach to go write another letter to the league office. He needs to grow a pair and learn how to coach his team better as opposed to letting his rabbit ears take over and worrying about comments from the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinBasketball33 View Post
    Guys - Realistically who would want Dolan's job? For the resources he has and the location it's not a good situation. For what he has I think he does a great job. I don't think anyone is making that job into a NSIC powerhouse anytime soon.
    Uhm, you may want to direct that comment squarely at simple.

However, from first hand knowledge, I know a lot of people applied when the job was last posted. Does that mean the AD made a bad hire, no, but I do know Dolan and had a little bit of a helping hand in the process too.

It has been a long road for Coach Dolan. I think he has done a nice job all considered.

I agree Upper Iowa needs a new basketball facility. I posted that a while back. They need a new basketball facility a lot more than they needed a new football facility. If that were to happen I think the job would be a lot more desirable than you and others may think.

Okay, you really don't know me if thats how you think I operate. I would never repeat at a game any tidbit I was given by a staff member. That is a great way to stop people from talking to you about anything other than the weather. The things that I throw out at someone are things that are either public knowledge i.e., they transferred, got in trouble with the law, or caused their school to forfeit some games or other pieces of info that can be picked up via a little research.
    I got the info that some sort of letter was out there from another member of this board who follows a different team. That person told me they heard a letter was out there and I thought I'd throw it out there and see if it stuck. I learned rather quickly that it was a valid point. And as far as getting protected by the SCSU staff, most of them know me and know how I am at games and they also know that I don't swear or get vulgar at games when I get on someone. And when they heard what I said that got that weanie assistant Keven(no I didn't misspell it) Bradleys shorts in a bunch, all they could do was chuckle. It was asinine for him to expect a fan to be ejected for telling a coach to go write another letter to the league office. He needs to grow a pair and learn how to coach his team better as opposed to letting his rabbit ears take over and worrying about comments from the fans.
    As I have said before, Coaching 101: Never get into it with the fans, you'll always lose no matter what the situation.

Being a good sport(fan) 101: Keep personal attacks/comments about opposing teams/coaches to yourself. The attempt at humor only shows how classless you really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Herdman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinBasketball33 View Post
    Here, let's get back to the initial topic. WB33, what do you think about this recruit?

To be honest with you, I don't know much about him. When I go to some events in Milwaukee/WI Dells/Minneapolis in Spring/Summer I try to primarily watch Wisconsin/Minnesota kids as a majority of those guys are going to play in the NSIC. So verdict is still out.

Awesome, so some other poster and a good chance they are a conference member alumnus is also tight with conference official(s) and or staff member(s) who talks out of school and leaked that a coach of another conference member wrote a letter to the conference and you think it's okay to throw it out there to see what sticks. That's rich.

Good to know you didn't have to use one your moles at St Cloud to get such information.
    Disappointing to know conference officials/staff can't be trusted to keep things in confidence.

http://www.upperiowaathletics.com/ne...029124542.aspx

Had a tie before the half until we allowed a late 3. Played a very good 1st half. Bottom fell out in the second half. Numerous turnovers that will most certainly cost you.