Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting Rumors

Contribute to D2

Default Recruiting Rumors

USI: Travis Britt-Rantoul, Nick Hutcheson-Greencastle

Last edited by Taco Tico; 03-31-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Default Re: Recruiting Rumors

USI: Walk-ON : Ben Kissing-Crab Orchard

Last edited by Taco Tico; 04-03-2012 at 05:16 PM.

USI: Alex Brown-John A Logan
    Last edited by Taco Tico; 04-03-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Last edited by Taco Tico; 04-03-2012 at 08:19 PM.

USI: Jared Swopshire- Louisville

USI: Hrvoje Vucic- Valpo

I guess no other teams are recruiting this off season.

Last edited by kwcpantherfan; 05-29-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Yes. There is a connection with Swopeshire and asst coach good from swopeshires days near st Louis. All I know is he was on campus the other day. Maybe he is just coming to visit to see the school to finish his education and not play ball, but I doubt.

I guess I will go back and add the link to the articles that I found regarding usi and the players mentioned. Or just google if and u will see these aren't just rumors.

I googled Swop. The key is if he graduates in May like the articles say he will. If so, he is immediately eligible at a D1 and will probably transfer to a MVC or OVC school I would guess. If he doesn't graduate, then D2 is most likely route. I wouldn't think he would want to sit. Would have to think Bellarmine is likely landing spot unless kid hates Pitino for cutting him and by acquaintance hates Davenport (like most people do). USI I could see. KWC probably out because of lack of grad school.

The majority of the GLVC coaches have probably nailed down most of their recruits. The signing period starts in April. Swop is not the only DI player that will transfer. Most all the coaches attend the Final Four and share information with other coaches around the country. KWC never breathes a word about their recruits, as far as names go, until they have signed. We should see the recruits start signing next month, and they will be announced on the various team's websites. KWC has been recruiting one or two high school players from the surrounding area, and some JUCO's and possibly another DI transfer. But, they havn't mentioned any names. Coach Lee and his staff as well as other GLVC coaching staffs started recruiting long before the season was over.

Some players may leave their respective schools and go NAIA for a season or two, and others may drop playing all together if they are not scholarship players.
    Last edited by alumnifan; 04-05-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Nice post.

All NCAA schools are in the same position as they can not discuss any potential recruit until that recruit has signed an athletic scholarship. DII, and I assume DIII, schools normally have not completed their recruiting until sometime during the summer. As you note, many DI athletes transfer and some do not finalize their plans until late summer. That delay is often the result of summer school grades and their impact on athletic eligibility at a DI school. From my perpective the most difficult part of being a coach is always having to be on the recruiting trail. That may be even more difficult than a coach acting as if they are truly interested in my observations on their team and coaching!

Does anyone know the date that coaches can bring in a recruit and work them out for a day or two?

Technically recruits are going NOW to open gyms.

If Zeller and Watford both stay in college next year, Crean will need to get rid of a player. Hopefully Watson has put a bug in his ear about a possible referral to USI

USI: Shane Seniour - Castle High School

USI: Bryant Ackerman- Loogootee High School

Last edited by kwcpantherfan; 05-29-2012 at 07:43 PM.

USI brining in players to workout this weekend.
    Recruits include:
    Manny Ogunfolu, 6'7, from Parts Unknown....

Travis Britt, 6'4, Rantoul Ill

Ja'Rob McCallum, 6'1, Wisc-Milwaukee

Noel Allen, 6'5, Rend Lake College
    no video found but when you "google image" him, he looks quite impressive

Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast