Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who in your opinion is best quarterback in great american conf

Contribute to D2

Default Who in your opinion is best quarterback in great american conf

just looking for some opinions

Default Re: Who in your opinion is best quarterback in great american conf

It'll be interesting to see who emerges since so many good ones have graduated recently.

Tyler Sykora at SAU is only a sophomore, but he'll be starting this year and I think he has the tools to be good. I'm not saying he's the best in the conference yet or anything, but he should be fun to watch.

Hi, I'm Moar Coffee Plz, and I know practically zilch about the Oklahoma schools. So if you're the mother of an ECU or SEOSU or SWOSU or NWOSU or SWOSU or SEOSUDEARGODSTOPTHEDIRECTIONALNAMES quarterback, I really mean no insult by omitting your son.

Best quarterback? My vote is Nathan Nall over at Henderson. But MCP! you say, He didn't even play last year, you nincompoop! True. But he is that rare four-year senior quarterback, something that doesn't come often around these parts. He battled with the great Nick Hardesty two years ago, and even had some mop-up duty before then. He knows the conference, knows the Henderson offense.

I think Tyler Sykora is a huge wild card, which is sorta like the 'Riders themselves. He's a big 'un, but he came from a high school that doesn't do much in the way of passing. So he's more raw than a cold jar of pickles. But he has the physical tools for sure. I'll be interested in seeing what he does in SAU's new amped-up offense.

i agree with ya .. it will be interesting who will be the best GAC qb... but yo might wanna rethink your pick of the Sau QB...4TH QUARTER and he is 6-16-3 54 1 20 not great at all.

Hunter Leppert, UAM 29 of 46, 0 interceptions, 345 yards, 4 TD. Lead team to 28 points in 4th quarter of 38-31 victory over ATU. First game of career, true freshman in 1st game.

Quote Originally Posted by 1realreddiefan View Post
    i agree with ya .. it will be interesting who will be the best GAC qb... but yo might wanna rethink your pick of the Sau QB...4TH QUARTER and he is 6-16-3 54 1 20 not great at all.
    Why? He finished 10-25 with two TDs and three picks. Of the 15 incompletions, at least five were drops and three were picks. Of the three picks, two were on target but not caught, and then instead bounced in the air resulting in the turnover. Make those catches and he's 17-25 with two TDs and 1 pick, a decent line for a sophomore getting his first start (I believe) and playing from behind all game. He did throw behind the receivers a few times, but he'll get better at that with more practice. Given the regress in play calling from the last two games of last year, he did what he could. I still think he'll be fine.

why? lol...well heck lets just go ahead and make it better ... lets give it all to him.. make him 25-25 2 tds or cant give him more than that cause the scoreboard showed that...and make it no ints... if it was his problem or not... the 15 passes hit the ground and were incomplete. and had 3 picks on target or not...they were intercepted...but like you said ... he will get better with more practice...unless he is on the pine... so as far as this question of who is the best qb in the GAC? lets wait and see once all the GAC schools get to playing... cause its early to tell anything right now ... but i do know one thing we got a tough one this weekend with harding!!! i hope sau was just not that good ... but i can say one thing ... THE REDDIES WILL COME TO PLAY!!! GO REDDIES!!!

...and if the three picks had actually been receptions caught behind all the DB's, he would have had 5 TD's. Then if you take into account that all those balls were dropped, you could possibly even make this guy the QB and WR. If he threw those passes to himself they would certainly have been completions, therefore giving him 100% completions and quite possibly the highest QB rating in history.

If something...but something...candy...nuts...something...Merry Christmas!

PASSING AVG/GAME Cl G Comp-Att-Int Pct. Yards TD Long Avg/G
    Casey Cooper-OBU JR 1 19 - 35 - 0 54.3 334 2 56 334.0
    Hunter Leppert-UAM FR 2 55 - 89 - 0 61.8 610 5 72 305.0
    Dustin Stenta-SWOSU SO 2 57 - 92 - 1 62.0 578 3 53 289.0
    Tyler Vanderzee-ECU SR 2 41 - 76 - 2 53.9 540 2 38 270.0
    Logan Turner-SOSU JR 1 23 - 36 - 1 63.9 235 3 28 235.0
    Preston Conder-ATU FR 2 39 - 65 - 3 60.0 466 6 64 233.0

Well, given who I cheer for, I believe the Kid in green, Hunter Leppert, has made a good claim so far this year.

WE EVIL -- Weevils

PASSING AVG/GAME Cl G Comp-Att-Int Pct. Yards TD Long Avg/G
    Casey Cooper-OBU JR 1 19 - 35 - 0 54.3 334 2 56 334.0
    Hunter Leppert-UAM FR 2 55 - 89 - 0 61.8 610 5 72 305.0
    Dustin Stenta-SWOSU SO 2 57 - 92 - 1 62.0 578 3 53 289.0
    Tyler Vanderzee-ECU SR 2 41 - 76 - 2 53.9 540 2 38 270.0
    Logan Turner-SOSU JR 1 23 - 36 - 1 63.9 235 3 28 235.0
    Preston Conder-ATU FR 2 39 - 65 - 3 60.0 466 6 64 233.0
    Based on the numbers above here are the QB RATINGS:
    Cooper - 153.3
    Turner - 140.6
    Conder - 111.3
    Leppert - 109.1
    Stenta - 96.9
    Vanderzee - 87.2

After this week, here are the current GAC QB ratings:

Cooper, OBU - 162.15
    Turner, SEOK - 139.16
    (All Harding QB's) - 134.0 (19 total passes)
    Conder, ATU - 133.53
    Vanderzee, ECU - 131.20
    Leppert, AMU - 128.79
    Stenta, SWOK - 124.63
    Sykora, SAU - 114.65
    Nall, HSU - 104.3

Quote Originally Posted by pathos View Post
    Why? He finished 10-25 with two TDs and three picks. Of the 15 incompletions, at least five were drops and three were picks. Of the three picks, two were on target but not caught, and then instead bounced in the air resulting in the turnover. Make those catches and he's 17-25 with two TDs and 1 pick, a decent line for a sophomore getting his first start (I believe) and playing from behind all game. He did throw behind the receivers a few times, but he'll get better at that with more practice. Given the regress in play calling from the last two games of last year, he did what he could. I still think he'll be fine.
    18 had a bad game against Harding. His first college start. but he sure made up for it in lots of other games.
    Last edited by SAU2012; 08-22-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Pathos, are you mr. Sykora?

Hey Pathos . . we miss you in the G.S.C. forum. Good luck to So. Arkansas this year!

Quote Originally Posted by SAU2012 View Post
    Yes, you caught me. I created this account when my son was in junior high, with the expectation of one day talking him up anonymously on the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMiller7676 View Post
    Hey Pathos . . we miss you in the G.S.C. forum. Good luck to So. Arkansas this year!
    Thanks, good luck to you too. See you at pick 'em time!

Quote Originally Posted by SAU2012 View Post
    Ell. Oh. Ell.

Nathan Nall started the 2011 season as the starting QB. By mid-season he lost the spot to red shirt freshman Kevin Rodgers. Kevin was the GAC player of the week against OBU the last game of the year. Not saying Kevin is the best QB in the GAC (yet). But i look forward to watching Kevin putting up some big numbers.

Are the 2012 football schedules out yet? HSU site has not posted them.

Pickles aren't raw.
    Just sayin.

Hunter Leppert - UAM. Until hurt last year, was best in GAC. Went down in 3rd game, received medical redshirt and is back for his second freshman year.

Go Green (and white)

I am partial to So Ark and Harding. Sykora at So Ark has the potential for a huge year, especially throwing so much. So Ark might throw 350 balls this year. Harding runs the option, so QB's simply will not produce the right kind of numbers. The pre-season favorite has to be Cooper at Ouachita Baptist - he was the conference's offensive MVP last year. Of course, much of this has to do with team success as well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast