Region Ranings Look Pretty Simple For NSIC Teams.... Win and You're In!
by, 11-07-2011 at 06:04 PM (2489 Views)
Things look pretty simple for the three NSIC Schools that are in the Super Region 3 Top 10 this week. Win and you are in, lose and you are, well, probably playing in a Mineral Water Bowl.
It looks like only two Northern Sun schools will be making the playoffs this year, because no matter what happens, Minnesota Duluth and Minnesota State can not both win on Saturday, and on Saturday, they are in essence playing in an opening round playoff game. The winner will head into the Super Region 3 Playoffs, the loser, well they are likely going to be left on the outside of the playoff picture looking in.
Super Region 3 Rankings
1. Colorado State Pueblo 10-0 vs. Western New Mexico
2. Nebraska Kearney 9-1 vs. Colorado Mines
3. Saginaw Valley State 7-2 at Grand Valley State
4. Wayne State (MI) 8-2 vs. Findlay
5. St. Cloud State 8-2 vs. MSU Moorhead
6. Minnesota State 8-2 at Minnesota Duluth
7. Minnesota Duluth 8-2 vs. Minnesota State
8. Hillsdale 7-3 at Tiffin
9. Indianapolis 7-3 at Ohio Dominican
10. Colorado Mines 8-2 at Nebraska Kearney
Realistically, I think by looking at this the only team outside of the Top 6 that really has a shot still is Minnesota Duluth, especially at home if they can beat Minnesota State, they could make their way into the playoffs. St. Cloud State should beat Minnesota State Moorhead. The other team in the Top 10, that has a real tough matchup is Saginaw Valley State at Grand Valley State who has won seven straight.
Its going to be an interesting six days...